Italian NT 2017

• I saw Loda on Folie's instastory, they were sitting with Sylla in NT jerseys. Bosetti showed that she was moving out from Modena (also on instastory) so she couldnt be with NT.

• I checked on Instagam (Loda and C Bosetti's profiles) and there's nothing useful to know if they are there.

I meant FB group (Volley all)

Yeah I checked these to profile too and it wasn't useful, now thanks to Mimek I'll check on Folie instagram ;)

• http://m.pallavolissimo.com/es…u-ecco-dove-giochera-4543

Mazzanti said that:

- he talk a lot with Egonu and the idea is to start with her as opposite also because there isn't much time to try a different thing (plus, I add, Diouf isn't ok); anyway, Egonu said she is ok to be used as OH too (despite preferring to be opp). In the future they will rievaualte the situation

- he loved to work (and win) with Serena but they decided it's time to end the professional relationship, both because without her it's easier for him to handle the team and because despite loving working together they also has do to a big effort to make everything works

- he chosed Chirichella as captain because of the experience and the attitude she always has

• Gennari said she will rest during the summer (and try to graduate) so I guess she won't be with the team in the ECh too :(

Lucia Bosetti speaking about Caterina said smth like 'she is not here in Centro Pavesi yet', so may be she will arrive later?

• Gennari said she will rest during the summer (and try to graduate) so I guess she won't be with the team in the ECh too :(

Lucia Bosetti speaking about Caterina said smth like 'she is not here in Centro Pavesi yet', so may be she will arrive later?

C. Bosetti is with the national team. Just follow her instagram.

• The 14 for the WCh qualification:

Parrocchiale e Sorokaite de Il Bisonte Firenze; Egonu ed Orro del Club Italia Crai; Loda della Savino del Bene Scandicci; Bonifacio e Chirichella della Igor Novara; Danesi, De Gennaro, Malinov e Folie dell’Imoco Conegliano, Caterina Bosetti della LiuJo Nordmeccanica Modena; Lucia Bosetti e Guerra della Pomì Casalmaggiore.

Setters: Orro, Malinov
    MBs: Bonifacio, Chirichella, Danesi, Folie
    Liberos: De Gennaro, Parrocchiale
    Spikers: Sorokaite, Egonu, Loda, Bosetti L., Bosetti C., Guerra

Tirozzi and Sylla are missing. And obviously Diouf.
    And we already know that, but in compare with the first list Loda is a plus. I still haven't understand which player is she replacing, though.

• ^^Thanks for posting!

I'm not anti-Bosetti, but are either Lucia or Caterina playing extraordinarily well these days? Serious question. I haven't watched either in a while, but my sense was that they (particularly Lucia post-injury) just weren't as promising as everyone thought. Is that unfair?

Shame about Sylla. Do we know why she's not there? She's such a passionate young player.

• Too bad Malinov and Danesi spent most of the season on the bench :down: . Same goes for Guerra, she played but not full-time, and had to play as OPP when Fabris got injured .

Will be hard to Italy to become a strong team like they were if they keep their NT players on the bench, or replacing them quite often.

Sylla - I`m surprised she`s not there. But at the same time, during the season her reception was not the best, and she had to be replaced quite often with Suellen. But she brings a lot of energy in.

Bosetti sister`s deserves to be there, they did quite well, but they could have done better., I would at least replace one of them with Sylla.

I`m glad Diouf is not there. She does not bring anything to the table.

• I don't know if Diouf would have been there in any case, but for the moment she isn't there just because she needs 8 weeks to full recovery (she is in a medical facility).

For the OHs, I must admit I've always been in general a lover of the more technical OHs, so I won't complain to have the Bosetti instead of the 'messy' Sylla (even if I'm not a huge fan of Caterina, probably because I was expecting to much after the outstanding performances with the junior NT).

@rbdfabio, the first real goal for this Italy is the 2019 ECh, so I hope that fort then all this youngs will have found their place as titulars in a good team.
    The prospect seems good: Danesi for example will be titular in Conegliano, Orro in Busto, Egonu probably in Novara, Malinov will highly probably be titular too, it's not clear where (Filottrano?). I don't know about Guerra and Bonifacio.

• ^^Thanks for posting!

I'm not anti-Bosetti, but are either Lucia or Caterina playing extraordinarily well these days? Serious question. I haven't watched either in a while, but my sense was that they (particularly Lucia post-injury) just weren't as promising as everyone thought. Is that unfair?

Shame about Sylla. Do we know why she's not there? She's such a passionate young player.

Sylla is not a bad player overall but with such bad reception she doesn't have any slot with current Italian system.

I really like the current roster. With such a young roster, Italy could be competitive with the same roster for next two Olympic cycle :super:

The only players that I'm not fan of are Sorokaite and Parrocchiale. Italy is the heaven of liberos, how come they could rely on Parrocchiale :wall:

• Well, I watched a lot of game of Italian clubs this season and I thought C.Bosetti was good this season and about L.Bosetti I am not sure. I am really to agree with taking Sara Loda because she was good this season. By the way I am too curious why Italians write Cruz's height 183cm and Loda's 178 cm ? Well, when they both were on court, they both seemed at the same height or very similar. There are some OH players in Italy have similar level and it is too difficult to take the best of them. If to be honest, I am agreed most choice of Mazzanti. What can I say about Sylla. She is a powerful player and maybe her attack was reall good but her receive was not good this season. Only I'm not sure about two players and they are L.Bosetti and Guerra. Well, maybe Mazzanti thinks Guerra is a young player and she will improve her game day by day in NT but about L.Boseti I am confused maybe Sylla will be better than her :whistling: :?:

• I learned that at the moment Orro, Guerra and Sylla have phisical problems.
    The titular should be Malinov (Orro)-Egonu, Bosetti-Bosetti, Chirichella-Folie, De Gennaro.

About Guerra, I think she is there because she is the main prospect among the young italian OHs, so it's important to work with her for the future.

About the liberos I kinda agree, Sirressi is definitely young enough to be in Tokyo and for sure more experienced.

I'm not a huge fan of Sorokaite but she had a nice season andshe is versatile (she can play as OH too), so if we can't have Serena after all it can make sense to have her; plus, if in the future they want to try Egonu as OH, they need 2 opposites (and a receiving one could be useful)

• @rbdfabio, the first real goal for this Italy is the 2019 ECh, so I hope that fort then all this youngs will have found their place as titulars in a good team.
    The prospect seems good: Danesi for example will be titular in Conegliano, Orro in Busto, Egonu probably in Novara, Malinov will highly probably be titular too, it's not clear where (Filottrano?). I don't know about Guerra and Bonifacio.

According to the Italian League 2017/2018 page, Conegliano also signed Melandri and she was tied for 2nd in blocking (63 blocks) this season. Folei/Danesi/Melandri in the same team, that means either Danesi or Melandri will be wasted on the bench. They are both young and capable to be starters but playing time is needed otherwise they will never be able to develop to their full potential. Would be better for the young Italians to play Serie A2 than sitting on the bench on Seria A1.

• According to the Italian League 2017/2018 page, Conegliano also signed Melandri and she was tied for 2nd in blocking (63 blocks) this season. Folei/Danesi/Melandri in the same team, that means either Danesi or Melandri will be wasted on the bench. They are both young and capable to be starters but playing time is needed otherwise they will never be able to develop to their full potential. Would be better for the young Italians to play Serie A2 than sitting on the bench on Seria A1.

I really agree with you. It's the best way to develop their game for young Italian players than sitting on bench during all season. Young player like Egonu and Chirichella have to play in Serie A1 but Melandri is a player who also has to play in main team. For example it will be really good she will stay in Bisonte and play on court like this season.

• And she plays by far better than De Gennaro at international level. She was outstanding last year in the CL F4, while De Gennaro was one of the weak link of the team, expecially her passing during the final.

• Melandri will be wasted on the bench.

But after all that's probably her choice: she was titular in Bisonte and I think she could have easily found a spot as titular in many Serie A1 teams.

I'm sorry that probably Bonifacio will stay on the bench, and in this case I don't know if it's her choice. Same for Cambi. But at least they'll been in a strong team committed also in the CL. Same for Melandri, after all.
    Piani will be second opposite in Busto but I think it's ok with her level, plus Diouf has a lot of physical problems so she will probably find space, and it's always good for a young players to have Mencarelli as coach.

I mean, after all in the 'young italians on court' topic I can't really complain about the last years and the one that's coming. Two years ago Club Italia had a wonderful season giving space to many promising players, and also because of that many players were promoted to the seniores NT.
    Last year (2016-2017) the most promising players arriving from Club Italia were hired in top teams as good subs (Danesi, Malinov, Guerra, even Berti) or in good team as titular (Spirito), plus Bonifacio became titular in a top team. Only Cambi didn't have a real improvement, staying subs in another top teams. Melandri was titular in Bisonte.
    This year (2017-2018) at least 3 of them will become/stay titular. Plus, Orro and Egonu will directly become titular, Botezat and Piani will be subs in a good team that gives space to italian young players (Busto). The 'minus' is that Bonifacio may come back to the bench and Cambi may remain there for the third year (still, both in a top team). And obviously Club Italia won't stay in A1 (but I think that – sadly, may be – the new group will grow there better than in A1).

The main problem for me will be in two season (2018-2019): how many Serie A1 teams will bet on the players coming from Club Italia (that will play Serie A2)? And probably this players they won't even have big chances with the NT, since Mazzanti said he will work with a small group of players...