You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 13th 2017, 1:40am

what are they training for?

i thought diouf had said she would never play for NT again? after she was cut from olympics?

i wonder if they have given up on training egonu as a passing OH. i think they should continue to try... if brayelin martinez at 200 cm can do, so can egonu.

and if diouf improves her mobility and ball-handling, ... can you imagine an ITA team with such powerful hitters that can also play defense? they'd be unstoppable.

are gennari, guerra and tirozzi coming back?

good observation ... :wavy:

Sunday, August 13th 2017, 2:11am

Italy is preparing for the European Championship.

I agree Egonu should play as OH, but I think that might be too late?, Novara will use her as OPP, once they have Piccini, Enright and Plak. But she should have played full time and OH in Club Italia but that did not happen and that was a shame. But yeah if Italy could have her as OH they would be golden.

Diouf said she would never be back, but they all do that and then come back. Brakocevic is a good example.

vabo

Professional

• "vabo" is male

Sunday, August 13th 2017, 2:47am

We (might) need Diouf's firepower but we do NOT need her defense, speed and lack of block. If she's improved, welcome. Otherwise, she doesn't bring anything useful.

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento – Foppa

Sunday, August 13th 2017, 3:25pm

i thought diouf had said she would never play for NT again? after she was cut from olympics?

I think – I'm not sure – she said she wouldn't have with that staff... Also Lucia said the same.

i wonder if they have given up on training egonu as a passing OH

We all wonder that too. It's not clear. The fact Diouf – that was recovering from a back problem – is back may suggest that, but at the same time she may just become the second opposite, if she will prove to deserve it more than Sorokaite. Or may be there is an idea to try Sorokaite as OH with Egonu opp and Diou second opp.

Imho if the GP would have went badly, we could have experiment with Egonu OH for the ECh. But now that we won the silver, the expectation (of the fans and of the team) for the ECh raised, even if we are aware we have a tough path ahed, having probably to meet Serbia or Ned in the qutaerfinal; considered that, you need A LOT of courage to switch to a system with Egonu OH, two receivers or two receivers and half (because at the moment she isn't ready to receive at high level...), and two terrible diggers on court if the opposite is Diouf and not Sorokaite.
So after all I don't think Mazzanti will change (but I would appreciate his courage if he does), even if at the beginning of the summer he said that ofter the WCh qualification he wanted to try Egonu OH. I guess the fact Diouf wasn't available forced him to change the plan.

I may have the chance to to attend a training session in the future, I hope I'll get some answer ;)

are gennari, guerra and tirozzi coming back?

Guerra and Tirozzi where in China too (in the final6 they were the two left on the tribune) and as they're still in the group for the ECh (which is exactly the same of the GP plus Diouf)
Gennari won't be back, at least for this summer.

Novara will use her as OPP, once they have Piccini, Enright and Plak

I think she will play as opp too, but who knows, after all Plak can be a good opposite too...

Social bookmarks