Chinese NT 2017

• Just stumbled across a cutie picture

Lovely. Very cute.

Thanks for sharing all the photos. I also love that one of Zhu Ting. She's pretty cute, as much as you can say that about someone twice your size, and comes off as very sweet in interviews I've seen with her. I often forget that about her because the image of her rolling her eyes after decking that Serbian player with a smash to the face is forever etched in my mind. I thought it was general volleyball protocol to wave a hand and apologize when that happens. :rolll:

• Not to beat the Rio dead horse to death, but I have to pretty much agree with this, with bonus points for brevity :D . I say "pretty much", because I'm poetic enough to believe you can cause your opponent to make mistakes, both players and coaches.

Chance favors the prepared mind, and all that.

• This is borderline topical but seeing the BRICS games I wonder what stature and magnitude they can achieve. Some sports federations are filled to the brim with, for lack of better word, racists. FIVB is fine but FIG is a dinosaur and I think that sport would benefit from a challenging body especially after the atrocity that was the Rio scoring table. Here's a quote from the now-retired President of FIG.

I don't know what potential is there but I think it should be explored in some other sports. For volleyball purposes I think it serves just fine as a U20 tuneup tournament.

• What do you guys think about the "possible" Chinese NT head coach An jiajie? I'm personnaly not fan of him. But it's more a gut feeling than something tangible I can justify for my dislike about him.

• What do you guys think about the "possible" Chinese NT head coach An jiajie? I'm personnaly not fan of him. But it's more a gut feeling than something tangible I can justify for my dislike about him.

If one gets used to see a coach at a caliber of Lang Ping, it's naturally hard to see any one else in her shoes :D there's always some feeling of doubt... me too. Only time may tell whether such doubt is justifiable or not.

I wish An a successful endeavor, and this WGP series can possibly be his very first real test... but personally I won't blame him if the team uses this event to test some new or less settled players thus results in less bright outcome. It should be a holistic view!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Watched the 2015 Girls' U18 World Championship - USA v China game tonight to see Li YingYing play. Her attack looks pretty nice. She times it to the top of her jump with an almost straight vertical arm, and at 192cm you'd think that'd be scary, but she's listed, and this may be wrong, at a 302cm spike. My buddy YANAGITA Mizuki at 168cm tall can beat that. I did notice a similarity in their attacks--they go down at a sharp angle and hit the floor quickly. Beyond her attack it's hard to say. I need to look these players in the eyes before final judgement and this video didn't allow for that. Li seems a liability on defense (beyond the block, I know, I know) but that's no surprise. I will say WU Han has improved her attack a LOT since that game.

I need to see more. I simply can't single someone out on a consumption of stats. I get MoneyBall and all that, but only go there when the stats reinforce what I already believe to be true. If they don't, then stats be damned.

• If one gets used to see a coach at a caliber of Lang Ping, it's naturally hard to see any one else in her shoes there's always some feeling of doubt... me too. Only time may tell whether such doubt is justifiable or not.

I wish An a successful endeavor, and this WGP series can possibly be his very first real test... but personally I won't blame him if the team uses this event to test some new or less settled players thus results in less bright outcome. It should be a holistic view!

I saw his coaching "style" in Montreux Master. I don't like the way he had always something to "say", even when things were going well for the girls. I'm not sure what he was saying during the time out. But it seems he confuse the girls more than providing guidance. His face is also look "sleepy". But like I said before, my opinion is all based on my "feeling". I have so far nothing tangible to dislike him. I also feel unfair that they didn't give Lai Yawen a try. She looks having better chemistry with the girls than An jiajie.

• ONE of these Chinese players will be left out at the WGP2017 - Kunshan leg (Week One).

Just guess who is she??? ?(

(IF it were left to me, I would have dropped Li Jing in consideration to her "average" int'l performance and age factor... or less likely the younger Wang Yunlu though I don't watch her play for long time)

The 15-player list:

OH: Zhu Ting (C), Zhang Changning, Liu Xiaotong, Wang Yunlu and Li Jing
    MB: Yuan Xinyue, Zheng Yixin, Gao Yi and Wang Yuanyuan
    OP: Gong Xiangyu, Qian Jingwen
    S: Ding Xia, Yao Di
    L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• (IF it were left to me, I would have dropped Li Jing in consideration to her "average" int'l performance and age factor... or less likely the younger Wang Yunlu though I don't watch her play for long time

Those would be my picks as well, but that's because I've seen them play un-impressively. Maybe they also have good games that I haven't seen. I'm not very familiar with YuanYuan Wang or Yixin Zheng, so I dunno what they contribute.

• Lovely. Very cute.

Thanks for sharing all the photos. I also love that one of Zhu Ting. She's pretty cute, as much as you can say that about someone twice your size, and comes off as very sweet in interviews I've seen with her. I often forget that about her because the image of her rolling her eyes after decking that Serbian player with a smash to the face is forever etched in my mind. I thought it was general volleyball protocol to wave a hand and apologize when that happens. :rolll:

She actually apologized. It was not in the official coverage but i saw it somewhere on Facebook. The eye rolling is hilarious though...

• Well, you guys have been talking so much about China in the Olympics. I just read this article with Ze Roberto, and he talks about happened with Brazil and against China.

He said when Brazil was put in the group with Russia,Japan,Korea he knew they would not offer Brazil much of a challenge, and he decided to invite Serbia and China for some friendly matches as they were favorites for Gold. I knew Brazil played 2 games against Serbia, I just did not know they played against China. ( I know that China played a friendly game against one of the teams from the Superliga when they got there, so I don`t know if he is referring to this game or if Brazil and China really played). But anyways this is what he said.

Zé Roberto - It's the day. And what happened that day? Zhu made a terrific match. Already in the friendly against them, when number 10 (Liu Xiaotong) came in and cleared the Chinese pass, I saw that if that happened in the game, it would complicate our life. I already knew what could happen. How, indeed, it happened. We could not stop Zhu at any point and even then we lost in the tie-break for 15 to 13. It was a sin. Lang Ping and China had merits.

https://saidaderede.blogosfera…minha-vida-sem-a-selecao/

• I saw his coaching "style" in Montreux Master. I don't like the way he had always something to "say", even when things were going well for the girls. I'm not sure what he was saying during the time out. But it seems he confuse the girls more than providing guidance. His face is also look "sleepy". But like I said before, my opinion is all based on my "feeling". I have so far nothing tangible to dislike him. I also feel unfair that they didn't give Lai Yawen a try. She looks having better chemistry with the girls than An jiajie.

Your feeling is right. He has no coaching genius. He can not do the quick right decision during the match

• Well, you guys have been talking so much about China in the Olympics. I just read this article with Ze Roberto, and he talks about happened with Brazil and against China.

He said when Brazil was put in the group with Russia,Japan,Korea he knew they would not offer Brazil much of a challenge, and he decided to invite Serbia and China for some friendly matches as they were favorites for Gold. I knew Brazil played 2 games against Serbia, I just did not know they played against China.

Yes China played a friendly match with Brazilian NT while in Brazil before the Olympics started.

• arrekusu

You could bet your right arm if we weren't being polite for those who genuinely deserve it I'd take up rbdfabio on the merit of the substance, but on the technicality you mentioned the quote is referring to the Quarterfinal match which ended 15-13. I think the english may be a bit trippy but that's what it's talking about.

• Did I just hear dog barking? :whistle: How random! :down:

Just wanna repeat so that dumb people would have another chance to understand: The news (if one can read Chinese) says China NT and Brazil NT (not Brazilian club) played a friendly match on August 4th before the olympics in which China lost 1:4. The score of the final set won by China was 15:10. Source was China's Xinhuanet.

:wavy:

• arrekusu maybe you're coming from a good place but i think it's pretty stupid when the person lacking lingual comprehension in the scenario is insulting everyone else. Firstly he references to a friendly match between China and a superleague team. While I may have cause to doubt the premise, there's no mutual exclusivity with the game between NTs that he also claims did in fact happen. Neither have you finally understood or at least acknowledged, even after I pointed out, that the 15-13 score is a reference to the semi-final match. Your restating your points and resourcing them is unproductive because in this scenario you're the one with the comprehension issue, not them, and not me.

• Heard Zhang Changning got left out, mostly likely due to fatigue/injuries. Will need confirmation from Tomen.