Chinese NT 2017

• Head coach of China Women’s volleyball team, Jenny Lang Ping has undergone her surgery in USA successfully!!

June 28, 2017 Rico Ma
    https://www.instavolley.com/he…gery-in-usa-successfully/

Head coach of China Women’s volleyball team, the iron hammer- Jenny Lang Ping has undergone her surgery in USA successfully!!

Chicago local time, June 27 at 11:33 pm, Lang Ping has undergone her left total hip replacement surgery and was back to the rest room. Three hours after surgery, Lang can already stand with a walking frame at bed side and she said she feels her body in good condition!

We hope coach Lang Ping speedy recovery!!

Photo: Weibo of Lang Ping

--------------------

Following this 2nd surgery Lang will need to take rest for about two months. Therefore Lang will be fully absent from the 2017 World Grand Prix, leaving it to An Jiajie's task to lead the team through this tournament.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Because of the time conflict with the junior event of Chinese National Games, the roster of U18 WCH is not strongest.

The wide roster of U18 WCH:
    Sun Yu-qing, Chen Fang-lin, Ni Fei-fan, Liu Yu, Liang Wei-fan, Che Wen-han, Zhang Zi-han, Sun Ping-yuan, Liu Jing-jing, Zhang Jia-xin, Jiao Dian, Cui Mei-chen

The wide roster of China, Japan and South Korea Games (main U16 and few U18 players):
    Dong Ming-xiao, Gao Zheng, Yang Xiao-rui, Wang Yi-fei, Li Chun, Han Wen-xu, Wu Meng-jie, Zhong Yun-yi, Zhuang Yu-shan, Zhang Yan-xi, Fang Jing-yi, Zhang Jing-lin, Yang Meng, Zhang Xin-ling

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yao Di and Li Jing continue to be mediocre. Time to test new players next season.

• I don't know if it fits here, but U20 Chinese team is Brazil doing some friendly matches against Brazil U20 team. Brazil won the first one 3x1. Few of the macth can be seen here:

https://imgturk.com/mauriciothomasvolei

Because Yang Wen-jin [No.19] is born in 1997, U20 Chinese team has to change the person for 2017 U20 WCH. Do you know the shirt number of two OHs of U20 Chinese team in the friendly match?

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Jingwen Qian is a name that's hardly ever mentioned here. Today's game had pretty balanced scoring from China but Qian came out on top. Not big news but it surprised me because I didn't notice it. Maybe that's why she is seldom mentioned ... she's a little invisible.

• Jingwen Qian is a name that's hardly ever mentioned here. Today's game had pretty balanced scoring from China but Qian came out on top. Not big news but it surprised me because I didn't notice it. Maybe that's why she is seldom mentioned ... she's a little invisible.

She got mentioned on FIVB news. She is new to the senior team so not much is known about her. She did a good job as a starter against Russia.

• She got mentioned on FIVB news. She is new to the senior team so not much is known about her. She did a good job as a starter against Russia.

Here: Qian drives China to victory through tough five-setter against Russia

"Qian contributed 15 points to her squad’s success, while Russia’s Kseniia Parubets aced four times towards a total of 20 points, which made her the best scorer of the match."

http://worldgrandprix.2017.fiv…ry-through-tough?id=70238

These young players: Qian Jingwen, Gao Yi and Wang Yuanyuan are worth the efforts to be granted with more playing time in WGP to develop their international exposures, they all show some promises.

Btw Qian is quite a calm and silent personality, she hardly shows any voiced expression on court... perhaps that's why she's hardly recognized :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Without Zhu Ting and Lin Li, China lost to USA in the third match of Week 1 of WGP2017.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• The roster of the winner of 2013 U18 WCH:
    S - Sun Hai-ping, Gong Xiang-yu
    OP - Ju Wan-rong, Liu Meng-yao
    OH - Wang Yun-lu, Lin Lin, Du Qing-qing
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Hu Ming-yuan, Wang Yuan-yuan
    L - Song Xin-yu, Huang Jia-yi

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• China honestly looks really weak without Zhu against an USA b team. I get that no one is as explosive as Zhu but they re struggling a lot in Reception too even the libero. USA libero completely outplayed the Chinese one today.

I remember China better then this, but of course its still too early

• This is not USA B Team.
    The 2 setters, 2 OPP and Libero are part of the Main Squad from on now. And 2 of these OH and 2 MB will be part of the main squad as backups. They are missing only 5 players. ( Hill, Robison, Larson,Adams and Foluke).

China is just hiding their Game like they always do. They will only play their best in the Finals.

USA b team.

• Thanks Tomen for highlighting the past... I have not yet watched much volleyball at that time :D so Wang Yuan-yuan (age 19) is 4th one being lifted to the senior NT, at least being tried out in this tournament, the rest are still in U team (Sun Hai-ping, Du Qing-qing to my remembrance) or perhaps just disappear. Gao Yi is 18 yo and Qian Jing-wen is 19 too.

The 2 setters, 2 OPP and Libero are part of the Main Squad from on now. And 2 of these OH and 2 MB will be part of the main squad as backups. They are missing only 5 players. ( Hill, Robison, Larson,Adams and Foluke).

China is just hiding their Game like they always do. They will only play their best in the Finals.

And as the host for the Final Round in Nanjing, this time China has the liberty to exploit all the remaining matches to try new and young players as well as those unset ones (B Team) such as Li Jing, Yao Di, Wang Yun-lu and so on... can care less about the outcomes. I won't put too much expectation for this team in the early rounds whenever they face the few strongest teams :D

I also wouldn't particularly give much credence to the results but when you're missing 5 players in a 6-a-side sport that's called a B team...you could call it "second string" but the difference in my opinion doesn't need to be too pronounced.

• China doesn't seem to change any of the 14 players at all for the 2nd week games. It would be fewer surprises or fun to expect. Still dunno how much Zhu Ting would participate either. Young players scored some good points, but they lack a lot of strength when playing against teams like USA (B or second-string team, if to be more careful of these terms, lol).

• China doesn't seem to change any of the 14 players at all for the 2nd week games. It would be fewer surprises or fun to expect. Still dunno how much Zhu Ting would participate either. Young players scored some good points, but they lack a lot of strength when playing against teams like USA (B or second-string team, if to be more careful of these terms, lol).

The situation of other seven players in the wide roster of WGP2017:
    Diao Lin-yu (S): injured in Montreux 2017
    Zhang Chang-ning (OH/OP): injured in the training before WGP2017
    Xu Yun-li (MB): old and still with much "old injury"
    Li Ying-ying (OH/OP): Tianjin refused her joining NT for the junior event of National Games
    Liu Yan-han (OH/OP): injured and might have a surgery in order to continue her career
    Wang Chen-yue (MB/OH): she left after Montreux 2017
    Gong Mei-zi (L): much weaker than Lin Li and Wang Meng-jie

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• The roster of U20 NT in 2017 U20 WCH:
    S - Cai Ya-qian, Xu Xiao-ting
    OP - Chen Pei-yan, Guan Rui-ge
    OH - Wu Han, Cai Xiao-qing, Liu Jia-yuan
    MB - Zhang Yu-qian, Xie Xing, Yang Han-yu
    L - Zang Qian-qian, Fang Jing

The change after 2017 BRICS:
    Sun Yan (S) will return U18 NT and Xu Xiao-ting (S) returns U20 NT. Cai Xiao-qing (OH) is with little injury. Han Wen-yu (OH) left due to the same reason. Liu Jia-yuan (OH) replaces Yang Wen-jin (OH) born in 1997.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu