Chinese NT 2017

• Her baby face and the way she moves and jumps make me sometimes think she's a giant toddler :rolll: .

She is pretty much a big toddler. When shopping with team mates in HongKong, she was fascinated with the latest game console while other girls were more interested in beauty and skin care products. :lol:

• XINYUE YUAN Has grown up a lot in the last year. How do you pronounce her name? I'm a little hearing impaired to begin with from playing in punk bands and such, and on the rare occasion I get an English commentary for one of China's games I don't think they've been consistent and I can't quite get it.

CHIN-yu (not you) wan (like wand without the d) or does her family name almost have two syllables, like "eu-yon)

And the Zhang variations:

Zhang is like zhong
    Zheng is like zhang
    Zeng is like zhang as well but you push to the ang sound of "length"

Wang vs Huang?

• You can google their names and copy the Chinese characters into google translate and press listen button to learn the correct pronunciation. Here is Yuan Xinyue pronunciation.

https://translate.google.com/#…8%A2%81%E5%BF%83%E7%8E%A5

• You can google their names and copy the Chinese characters into google translate and press listen button to learn the correct pronunciation. Here is Yuan Xinyue pronunciation.

Also at Baidu Translate, just click the speaker sign (at the Chinese character side / left side) to listen to the pronunciation:
    http://fanyi.baidu.com/#zh/en/%E8%A2%81%E5%BF%83%E7%8E%A5

Here's the expanded name list of the CHN NT covering the 2017 WGP wde-roster list and most names listed in the current NT training session (2017) (incl. some selected young players) minus some outgoing/inactive NT members (such as Yang Junjing 杨珺菁 ; Zeng Chunlei 曾春蕾 ; Shen Jingsi 沈静思 etc):

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 3 times, last by samsara ().

• You can google there names and copy the Chinese characters into google translate and press listen button to learn the correct pronunciation. Here is Yuan Xinyue pronunciation.

:P when I say I'm partially hearing impaired I should say I'm very hearing impaired. It's not a volume thing, I just have no top end. So I listened to her name and it's hilarious how different the two options are. The Chinese characters sound like "yangtze yeah" and the English sounds like "new on shin new".

• Best way is to learn pinyin to pronounce Chinese names because Sinitic languages are tonal and is hard to pronounce for some people.

• Best way is to learn pinyin to pronounce Chinese names because Sinitic languages are tonal and is hard to pronounce for some people.

A tip:
    Justine Wong (-Orantes) can be translated - Wang Jia-di.
    Although Judy is not the nickname of Justine, "Judy Wong" will be Wang Zhu-di.
    Yeah,
    Zhu Ting's "Zhu" is like "Ju" (/d3ju:/) in English Language instead of "/zu:/".
    :thumbsup:

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• An Jiajie is terrible so far. If he wants to win, he should have subbed in the best players early. If he wants to train new blood, just let them play until the end.

• He did not even used Zheng Yixin, even as a sub, in any of the matches in Hong Kong (as far as I remember). I was hoping he will use her even just for the match with Japan. I was so dissapointed! I mean, come on man you should be trying out all of players and give them some free time.

• He did not even used Zheng Yixin, even as a sub, in any of the matches in Hong Kong (as far as I remember). I was hoping he will use her even just for the match with Japan. I was so dissapointed! I mean, come on man you should be trying out all of players and give them some free time.

Zheng Yixen got some playing time in Hong Kong. I think she's cute and sassy so was happy to see her a little bit.

• It looks like China will need to find new hitters because none of them is better than Liu Xiaotong and she is a backup at best. Pretty much none of them can receive well, block well, or score when the game is on the line.

Also none of the new comers stood out but middle blockers have more potential. They need to improve technique to create new Great Wall of China because all have height and length.

B team members from 2014 Yao Di and Li Jing should be replaced and Wang Yunlu from 2015 as well. Really feel bad for Zheng Yixin as she has never really gotten any real chance to prove herself. She gets the filler treatment.

Gong really need to work on her hitting because it is terrible so far and she is the best OP right now for China. Not a good sign at all. Wang Mengjie needs to work on her reception.

I hope Zhang Changning is healthy to play in the finals. That way we get to see how the young Rio squad fare without their veteran teammates.

• An Jiajie is terrible so far. If he wants to win, he should have subbed in the best players early. If he wants to train new blood, just let them play until the end.

I don't mind even if the Chinese NT lose all match. The WGP is more a test bed for newcomers or bench players to find out who's sinking and who's swimming. The thing with An Jaijie is he keeps stressing the players with his endless and unnecessary "technical correction" and with his vague directives. This causes players over focusing on the new "correction" in addition the confusion caused by his useless and vague directive. This drama queen also cause enormous stress to Zhu Ting for nothing. In many occasions, he sends Zhu Ting into the battle only when the team was in the critical situation. It's as same as someone sees a house on fire with someone inside and he waits until the situation become extremely severe before calling 911 because this closeted pyromaniac wants to see something "dramatic".

• I don't mind even if the Chinese NT lose all match. The WGP is more a test bed for newcomers or bench players to find out who's sinking and who's swimming. The thing with An Jaijie is he keeps stressing the players with his endless and unnecessary "technical correction" and with his vague directives. This causes players over focusing on the new "correction" in addition the confusion caused by his useless and vague directive. This drama queen also cause enormous stress to Zhu Ting for nothing. In many occasions, he sends Zhu Ting into the battle only when the team was in the critical situation. It's as same as someone sees a house on fire with someone inside and he waits until the situation become extremely severe before calling 911 because this closeted pyromaniac wants to see something "dramatic".

Thanks for the detailed analysis, pretty much on point about An Jiajie. I just hope he is not Lang Ping's replacement.

• Meanwhile a great news from the Chinese U20 Team... escaping a while from the An Jiajie's unpleasant "drama" :P ...spotting it, the nailed in expositions from ST2008 and Jetmasters... and yes, I hope this guy won't be the permanent successor to Lang Ping in NT... so far he sucks in his new role!!!

The FIVB Volleyball Women's U20 World Championship 2017

The Chinese team succeeds to win the championship defeating the Russian team in the final (3-0), while the Japanese team takes the bronze medal beating the Turkish team (3-2). This is China’s third U20 World Championship title; they also won in 1995 and 2013.

Here's the team picture of the new champion (players, coaches and officials) in celebration after the awarding ceremony (on 2017-07-23 in Mexico).

Head coach: SHEN Mang (#4 from left), Assistant Coach: QI Lili (#5 from left)

The 12 Players (L-R):
    FANG Jing (#14, L), LIU Jia-yuan (#17, OH), CAI Xiao-qing (#11, OH), WU Han (#12, OH), XU Xiao-ting (#16, S), XIE Xing (#07, MB),
    ZHANG Yu-qian (#06, MB), GUAN Rui-ge (#09, OP), CHEN Pei-yan (#03, OP), YANG Han-yu (#02, MB), ZANG Qian-qian (#10, L), CAI Ya-qian (#05, S)

YANG Han-yu is the MVP while WU Han also gets award as the best OH.

Here's the replay video of the gold medal match incl. the awards ceremony (quasi-HD): https://youtu.be/4UocMI9RAF0

Congratulations to the Chinese Team for the excellent achievement! :drink:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 5 times, last by samsara ().

• Only a tip:
    Because Wang Yun-lu will join Team B on July 26, There will be an empty site in the final round. I don't know whether one person will "return".

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Only a tip:
    Because Wang Yun-lu will join Team B on July 26, There will be an empty site in the final round. I don't know whether one person will "return".

Maybe Baby will return. I just hope everyone stays healthy because WGP is not that of an important tournament. China only won it once and has never won as a host.

• would Hui R Q return for the final 6 tournament of WGP?

HUI Ruo-qi won't join this WGP squad... she is not even listed in the CHN Wide-Roster list for the 2017 WGP (covering the Final Six as well). It's ZHANG Chang-ning who may possibly join the team, and she's in that list.

• HUI Ruo-qi won't join this WGP squad... she is not even listed in the CHN Wide-Roster list for the 2017 WGP (covering the Final Six as well). It's ZHANG Chang-ning who may possibly join the team, and she's in that list.

WGP is not a big deal, some of the top players are not in the list of their national team either.
    I will looking forward for her return to world championship next year tho...

• -Hui R Q will not return in NT and thats not a problem...
    -China must find/develop a Setter....
    -After "Monster Zhu" China s strongest position is MB(XINYUE YUAN,YI GAO,YUANYUAN WANG,YIXIN ZHENG,CHENYUE WANG plus the veterans YUNLI XU,YAN NI)