Chinese NT 2017

• According to the Chinese news, Hui Ruo-qi and Diao Lin-yu has arrived in Changshu.
    However, whether they will take part in the match of Jiangsu against Serbian NT is still unknown.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• -Hui R Q will not return in NT and thats not a problem...
    -China must find/develop a Setter....
    -After "Monster Zhu" China s strongest position is MB(XINYUE YUAN,YI GAO,YUANYUAN WANG,YIXIN ZHENG,CHENYUE WANG plus the veterans YUNLI XU,YAN NI)

YES, the setter position needs more talents in addition to DING Xia... WEI Qiuyue may not stay with the NT for long, age, family life and injury are coming for her... YAO Di is less convincing...

For that MB position, watch out about YANG Han-yu! I'd posted this in the U20 WCh thread, I repost it here for clarity.

Yang Han-yu is a Han Chinese, born in Zibo, a prefecture-level city in central Shandong Province, in October 1999. She joins the Shandong women's volleyball team, playing at MB position. Her height is 1.94 m (and is expected to grow at least few centimeters taller).

It's widely said that the young Yang is another jewel found by the Chinese's volleyball, the local sports media like to make comparison of her with Zhu Ting. Being at the Shandong VC, which is relatively a weak team, also brings some advantages to Yang in that she gets more playing time since the early and be part of the starting players as well as having the coaching team's fuller attention. In 2017 edition Yang Han-yu is called in training with the NT. This girl will quite possibly be the NT future backbone for MB position, along with Yuan Xin-yue and accompanied by Gao Yi and Wang Yuan-yuan... to supplant the veterans XU Yun-li and YAN Ni in future... the CHN NT will be having many good MBs, and all are still young.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I think the fact that China hosts the WGP finals THIS year, the FIRST year of OG cycle, is not a coincidence. In this first year China can have the flexibility to pour in more resources, free from other concerns, unlike in other cycle years whereas the team has higher priorities. The Serbian team also obviously shares the same thinking, it even acts more drastically by avoiding the finals altogether, twice in 2015 and 2016 to my remembrance :-) but in this first year the team practically goes to full throttle.

It is not nice as a host to not field a strong, competitive line-up; therefore I'm optimistic that Zhang Chang-ning will take part in the final round in Nanjing to help reinforce the team. No wonder one of the weakest link, Wang Yun-lu, is removed, at present state she just doesn't fit the core team IMO. Thus it may turn out that the host team performs much different shows in the finals. Time will tell... :box:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I really hope Zhang Chang-ning plays. China NT seems lacking something without her.

As punishing as Zhu can be, Zhang brings the brutality, imo.

I forget which game it was, but one from the last weekend, Wang Yun-lu was big smiles and overly talkative like she was making a last ditch effort to not get cut. It worked on me. I enjoyed her.

• samsara

Video from YANG Han-yu?
    Gao Yi will be a monster MB

I'd posted it earlier in this thread, just scroll up to post #274 :P :D

I really hope Zhang Chang-ning plays. China NT seems lacking something without her.

As punishing as Zhu can be, Zhang brings the brutality, imo.

I forget which game it was, but one from the last weekend, Wang Yun-lu was big smiles and overly talkative like she was making a last ditch effort to not get cut. It worked on me. I enjoyed her.

He he... the failed attempt to spike by her, ball landed in own net.. in match vs SRB iirc... she had a wryly smile after that but none was impressed, and right immediately she was pulled out, damage control, to be supplanted by QIAN Jing-wen. Wang YL just doesn't belong to the CHN NT standard for international matches like WGP (esp. when facing big teams), indeed I don't see why she's qualified to stay with NT even the B team... thinking there are many more potential players to groom for the very limited seat ?( ?(

Having another deadly wing spiker like ZHANG Chang-ning on play really reduces the burden of ZHU Ting and in fact makes her much more effective. Opponent blockers will keep on guessing which wing the ball will be set each time, making the blocking attempts less effective as the result. With ZHU alone missing other deadly spiker, opponents just keep on watching her. That's what I was seeing in many matches earlier, Zhu got overburden, while setter had less choices for more even as well as more randomly harder to predict distribution! And in the heavy matches against the highest teams like SRB, USA, BRA, esp. when they come with their A team, China needs the best line-up to be competitive... any limp in the line-up will cost the team very dearly. I think they've learned the hard ways in the earlier TRIALS... what happened to the team when it was limp :whistle: 8o 8o

Having said this, I think one main benefit that the Chinese team has achieved during this WGP weeks of trials is the identifying and affirmation which young players do have the great potential for further investment, continuous NT nurture like GAO Yi, WANG Yuan-yuan, QIAN JW, also now the team can have more confidence in applying the middle attack strategy armed with players like YUAN Xin-yue et al... Yuan has been growing her skills after Rio OG! These weeks of trials are also good to separate the wheat from the chaff, IMO :roll:

Note: when a spiker tips often the ball whereas she's supposed to spike it, such repeated actions signal something goes wrong with her... for any ripe ball that's supposed to get a kill, a less effective ball tipping by the lesser player may convert it into deadly counter-attack by opponent.... and that's what the Chinese team suffered many times in those matches against the big teams, to my observation...

Edited 6 times, last by samsara ().

• I think the most critical problem the Chinese NT needs to fixe is to find a young setter with good potential. Yao Di, I like her as person, but as setter, it's another story.

• Hi guys!

Do you know what happened to Li jingjing? I thought she would have been a starter in the prel-phase.. Instead, Li Jing Wang Yunlu proved once again that they are not suited for this level.

And what about Zhang Changning? Has she recovered?

• Hi guys!

Do you know what happened to Li jingjing? I thought she would have been a starter in the prel-phase.. Instead, Li Jing Wang Yunlu proved once again that they are not suited for this level.

not familiar with above names except Zhang C N.
    I wander if Zhang C N could be the key person to help the current squad of China NT get on the podium.

• Hi guys!

in Chinese [Mandarin Pinyin], j=gi in Italian language
    Li Ying-ying is not Li Jing-jing.
    :(

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• would there be any live stream for this friendly match?

I don't find it.
    Perhaps some Chinese local live streams will broadcast the match.
    PS: the roster of Jiangsu ECE in this match:
    S - Diao Lin-yu, Zhao Jing-xue, Li Hui
    OP - Tang Ning-ya
    OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhang Chang-ning, Zhai Ting-li, Xu Ruo-ya
    MB - Jiang Qian-wen, Wang Chen-yue, Wang Ting-ting
    L - Chen Zhan

source only about the match:
    http://www.yangtse.com/tiyu/2017-07-26/1304784.html

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• http://u18.girls.2017.volleyba…s/chn%20china/team_roster

The number is according to the site: OH [1-5] - MB [6-9] - OP [10-11] - S [12-15] - L [16-17] ...

S - Zhang Zi-han, Chen Fang-lin, Sun Yan, Yuan Zi-tong
    OP - Sun Ping-yuan, Cui Mei-chen
    OH - Che Wen-han, Zhong Yun-yi, Liu Yu, Fang Jing-yi, Liu Jing-jing
    MB - Jiao Dian, Liang Wei-fan, Zhang Jia-xin, Sun Yu-qing
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Tian He

It is said Sun Yan might start to be an opposite hitter because she is "too tall" and left-handed. Will she become "the second Gong Xiang-yu"?

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• in Chinese [Mandarin Pinyin], j=gi in Italian language
    Li Ying-ying is not Li Jing-jing.
    :(

WELCOME TO BOARD AndyVolleyballFan :D I noted your above post is just your 2nd one, so you're quite new here.

I hope that you enjoy your stay here -- at Inside VolleyCountry and may learn a lot as well as share some relevant info in this thread in particular and forum-wise in general... :-)

and as you may have noticed, Tomen is the caretaker or motor of this particular thread and other Chinese volleyball related ones, and regularly feeds interesting info & news about the Chinese team here :thumbsup:

Well, to avoid such mistake, hereby I put some info about this young player.

Name: Li Ying-ying (Chinese characters: 李盈莹 - there you can get the correct pronuncation too, click on >>)
    Height: 192 cm
    Position: Outsider Hitter
    Born: in February 2000 in Qiqihar prefecture level city, China's northernmost province, Heilongjiang
    Club: Tianjin Volleyball Club
    Remarks: Li is a Left-handed player and regarded as a highly potential material for the senior NT in future

According to Tomen's previous info. Li Ying-ying was not available for international tournament because her club, Tianjin, needed her to play in the domestic competition.

As about Zhang Chang-ning, there's some possibility that she may join the team at the WGP F6 in Nanjing... in that case she should be fine, and let's hope so... in few days to come thing should be clear.

P.S.: just be aware that both the highly potential young players, Yang Han-yu and Li Ying-ying, come from Heilongjiang province, while that province itself doesn't have a strong volleyball club.

Edited 5 times, last by samsara ().

• P.S.: just be aware that both the highly potential young players, Yang Han-yu and Li Ying-ying, come from Heilongjiang province, while that province itself doesn't have a strong volleyball club.

Zhu Ting was from a shitty club as well. Actually, her hometown club was so shitty that she was not even in the Chinese NT try out list. Luckily, Lang Ping remembers there is a tall girl in the Henan club and she was "curious" about this tall girl.

• Interestingly from the six Starting line-up in the final match vs JPN whereas CHN lost easily 0-3, only one player stays with the U18 WCh wide-roster, that's Jiao Dian. Dunno the other players.

Chinese team Starting line-up - match vs JPN in the final of "SMM 11th Girl's U18 Chongqing Asian Volleyball Championship":

15 Sun Xiao-xuan
    13 Sun Ruo-qing
    09 Mao Jun-yi
    10 Zhang Zhan
    03 Xu Lu-yao
    07 Jiao Dian

Hopefully this U18 WCh team will be a much more competitive force :-)

http://u18.girls.2017.volleyball.fivb.com/en
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…27_U18_World_Championship

• Lang Ping has always had innate ability to find out and train amagzing players (i.e. Akiradewo for US, was picked at 17!)

Zhu Ting was from a shitty club as well. Actually, her hometown club was so shitty that she was not even in the Chinese NT try out list. Luckily, Lang Ping remembers there is a tall girl in the Henan club and she was "curious" about this tall girl.

• Thanks Samsara! :drink:
    I was curious to see how could Li Yingying perform against strong teams..I always expect young players to be as good as Zhu Ting but actually Zhu is one and only :super:

• Li Ying-ying was scouted and cultivated by Tianjin women's volleyball coach, Wang Baoquan, at the age of 9 whereas previously she played as the leader in the youth volleyball teams in both her primary and secondary schools in Qiqihar city. She's raised to a dominant force in the backup echelon within the club and repeatedly selected for the national youth teams.

I believe the key in identifying and cultivating those talented young players since their very early ages should be credited to the entire sports infrastructure or sports system in China, which is covering the sports in the primary and secondary schools and so on throughout the vast country... thus they have the chance to spot those special talents since the very early years.