Chinese NT 2017

• An Jiajie is terrible. Can't wait for Lang Ping to be back.

• And that's what's some people are saying that Zhu Ting is the core player of China. :whistle:

Too bad Zhang Changning wasn't in the team to become the main player during the intercontinental round. It could've helped somehow to not cause confusion in the team.

Anyway, can't believe rotational errors still happened on this day and age. That two points could've forced a tie break.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

An Jia-jie isn't the first choice that Lang Ping chose the young assistant coach.
    Wu Sheng is just the first assistant coach that Lang Ping hopes to want but he refused in order to help Team Zhejiang get the winner of Chinese League and he got it in Season 13/14.

Nowadays, Lang Ping's plan of training coaches in the Tokyo Olympic period has been shown.
    We see them (Xu Jian-de is older than Lang Ping, so he isn't in the list):
    An Jia-jie (interim of the senior female NT)
    Bao Zhuang (Team C that will take part in ACH this year)
    Wu Sheng (U23 NT this year)
    Shen Mang (U20 NT this year) - he gave the perfect result - champion
    Yuan Zhi (the new assistant coach of the senior female NT)
    Yu Fei (the new assistant coach of the senior female NT)
    Wu Xiao-lei (the assistant coach of the senior female NT)
    Chen You-quan is over due to 2016 AVC Cup.

The rumor that Lang Ping will return in WGCC 2017 is true - only the rumor is true.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Right now SHE IS CHINA. :obey: I was disappointed Ding did not find the courage to set more balls to Yuan to make her feel the game..

And that's what's some people are saying that Zhu Ting is the core player of China.

Yes, she still struggles with the pace of the game and seems not too confident

Too bad Zhang Changning wasn't in the team to become the main player during the intercontinental round. It could've helped somehow to not cause confusion in the team.

It's unforgivable!!! They probably did not practice a lot this scheme but still, at this level is just ridiculous!!! :down:

Anyway, can't believe rotational errors still happened on this day and age. That two points could've forced a tie break.

• I hope he sits Zhu Ting tomorrow. Lang Ping did not allow Zhu Ting to play in the 2013 edition gold medal decider match against Brazil because of an injury. Also rest Zhang Changning as well. Its not worth it to play injured players. So far he has not won anything as the interim coach even with Zhu. He also likes to play his players from Shandong. There isn't anything good to say about him imo.

• I believe it's not a good move to put Zhu Ting as the captain of the team...perhaps in a couple of years time. She shouldn't be burdened with extra responsibilities like that. Just let her grow and improve her skills first. As for poor receiving by the team..well, this didn't happen overnight. The coach should know which player is good in that area..and if you assemble a team with most players weak in receiving, you will get that in court play.

Frankly, China would have lost by a bigger margin if Italy didn't have so many unforced errors. They have taller players, but they sacrificed mobility . The players are not as quick and agile as the Dutch,Italians or Serbians. The Chinese team in the 2015 World Cup was a delight to watch, with their blocking, set pieces, leaving opposing teams in bewilderment. I don't see much in this Grand Prix team..just my personal opinion.

• In the post match Zhu said that she is completely fine.. i don't know actually if she was liying or not :what: I would not rest Zhang.. she needs to build up again her confidence and these international matches may help for that purpose.
    About An, he seems not adapt for this role, no improvement as regards schemes coordination and combinations. She confuses his players and is not solid enough to convey assurance and self-confidence to the players as Lang used to :mad:

I hope he sits Zhu Ting tomorrow. Lang Ping did not allow Zhu Ting to play in the 2013 edition gold medal decider match against Brazil because of an injury. Also rest Zhang Changning as well. Its not worth it to play injured players. So far he has not won anything as the interim coach even with Zhu. He also likes to play his players from Shandong. There isn't anything good to say about him imo.

• You said they are not agile? I think they are! Yuan is very agile, have a look at the previous match aginst Serbia where she scored 21 points.. she also passed the ball many times very well and went for the spike and her transition are really fast. The same holds for Zhu and Zhang (at least before injury). Maybe the youngstes have been quite low that's true.

I believe it's not a good move to put Zhu Ting as the captain of the team...perhaps in a couple of years time. She shouldn't be burdened with extra responsibilities like that. Just let her grow and improve her skills first. As for poor receiving by the team..well, this didn't happen overnight. The coach should know which player is good in that area..and if you assemble a team with most players weak in receiving, you will get that in court play.

Frankly, China would have lost by a bigger margin if Italy didn't have so many unforced errors. They have taller players, but they sacrificed mobility . The players are not as quick and agile as the Dutch,Italians or Serbians. The Chinese team in the 2015 World Cup was a delight to watch, with their blocking, set pieces, leaving opposing teams in bewilderment. I don't see much in this Grand Prix team..just my personal opinion.

Zeng was very good indeed but was incosistent in reception and not as fast as yang fangxu. Yang was fast for sure but rarely made blocks.. The only one who is really missed is Yan Ni: fast, strong arms and also really good at defense. :teach:

• Yan Ni also caught my Queen Sheilla's usual killer tips during Rio. I hate and love her at the same time. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ahahahah Sheilla is one and only, regardless of Rio, no opposite player will ever have HER SKILLS: power; hight; coordination and mindful clever plays :heart: Also Zhu loves Sheilla
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWFuMrxgLzM

Yan Ni also caught my Queen Sheilla's usual killer tips during Rio. I hate and love her at the same time. :whistle:

• Ahahahah Sheilla is one and only, regardless of Rio, no opposite player will ever have HER SKILLS: power; hight; coordination and mindful clever plays :heart: Also Zhu loves Sheilla
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWFuMrxgLzM

That was such a gem. Zhu Ting wanting a selfie with Sheilla. :drink: Guess we now know where Zhu got the brain with her game. :win:

Well if Gong Xiangyu develops nicely, she can be China's very own Sheilla... I just feel maybe she needs to go overseas so she can have more experience getting thru all kinds of block. Ofcourse in a land where they allow her to receive as an opposite and attack as well. Maybe in Japan or Italy?

#FreeBritney

• Oh my god!

The rest roster in theory:
    S - Zhou Yu-jie, Liang Gui-qian
    OP - Chen Pei-yan, Guan Rui-ge, Liu Meng-ya
    OH - Wang Yun-lu, Jin Ye, Cai Xiao-qing
    MB - Huang Rui-lei, Lei Yan-xi, Yan Kai-lun
    L - Huang Liu-yan, Shu Zhi-jia

source: http://weibo.com/1634174015/Ff…comment#_rnd1501949471029

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• That was such a gem. Zhu Ting wanting a selfie with Sheilla. :drink: Guess we now know where Zhu got the brain with her game. :win:

Well if Gong Xiangyu develops nicely, she can be China's very own Sheilla... I just feel maybe she needs to go overseas so she can have more experience getting thru all kinds of block. Ofcourse in a land where they allow her to receive as an opposite and attack as well. Maybe in Japan or Italy?

Yes I was thinking about Gong as a possible new Sheilla: she has a great vertical jump (insane) and is clever but lacks of one important feature: power. She does not hit as hard as Sheilla used to and that may be her weakness. Overall, she passes well and defends a lot.
    I don't think Jiangsu allow any of Zhang Gong Hui to leave for an international experience ( that's bad!!) I want to see them playing in Italy!! :mad: :whistle: :drink:

• Yes I was thinking about Gong as a possible new Sheilla: she has a great vertical jump (insane) and is clever but lacks of one important feature: power. She does not hit as hard as Sheilla used to and that may be her weakness. Overall, she passes well and defends a lot.
    I don't think Jiangsu allow any of Zhang Gong Hui to leave for an international experience ( that's bad!!) I want to see them playing in Italy!! :mad: :whistle: :drink:

When Gong Xiangyu hit a ball for a quick play in the middle. It reminded me so much of vintage Sheilla where she was known as the player who could hit everywhere in the court. :super:

I think the problem with Gong is maybe there's power but she's not using the block a lot or some wicked angles the sheilla was known for. That may take time to get used to especially if you're not really considered the main player. I mean... when you have Zhu... what else do you really need? But you don't want to be limited in the offense ever and you'll never know when there will come a time when Zhu is just not enough anymore to take the win. :whistle:

Well that's really unfortunate if they can't go play overseas but maybe there will come a time. Maybe.

#FreeBritney

• Liu Yan Han deserves the A team: she is clever and more consistent than Li Jing for sure!!! :mad:

Oh my god!

The rest roster in theory:
    S - Zhou Yu-jie, Liang Gui-qian
    OP - Chen Pei-yan, Guan Rui-ge, Liu Meng-ya
    OH - Wang Yun-lu, Jin Ye, Cai Xiao-qing
    MB - Huang Rui-lei, Lei Yan-xi, Yan Kai-lun
    L - Huang Liu-yan, Shu Zhi-jia

• When Gong Xiangyu hit a ball for a quick play in the middle. It reminded me so much of vintage Sheilla where she was known as the player who could hit everywhere in the court. :super:

I think the problem with Gong is maybe there's power but she's not using the block a lot or some wicked angles the sheilla was known for. That may take time to get used to especially if you're not really considered the main player. I mean... when you have Zhu... what else do you really need? But you don't want to be limited in the offense ever and you'll never know when there will come a time when Zhu is just not enough anymore to take the win. :whistle:

Well that's really unfortunate if they can't go play overseas but maybe there will come a time. Maybe.

Yes she needs to learn and improve as fast as she can as some talented young players may take her place :box: Zhu is not enough if none of the other players is productive. Zhang as opposite also used to be quite skilled but is recovering from injury right now..

• China needs to win without Zhu to get over the hurdle because over reliance on Zhu will not get the job done every time. Too bad Zhang Changning got injured at the wrong time because I really wanted to see her play being the main hitter during group play. In order to become a dominant team, other players need to step up their level. Hopefully Zhang becomes the next star China needs. Now I am becoming paranoid and superstitious that An Jiajie is cursed with all the injuries to players.

• everybody was saying that Zhang has improved tremendously this year..I really wanted to see her playing as well ..such a bad luck! In 2016 during the Grand Prix she played marvellously and I really thought she could catch up Zhu Ting's level. Let's hope she stays healthy and works hard. She is fundamental for China as no other player (OH) may get close to either Zhang or ZHU. :super:

China needs to win without Zhu to get over the hurdle because over reliance on Zhu will not get the job done every time. Too bad Zhang Changning got injured at the wrong time because I really wanted to see her play being the main hitter during group play. In order to become a dominant team, other players need to step up their level. Hopefully Zhang becomes the next star China needs. Now I am becoming paranoid and superstitious that An Jiajie is cursed with all the injuries to players.

Who is this guy?? But seriously, this moron is destroying the team that Lang Ping had build. When I saw him keep playing the key players after the fist set with the Netherland, I said wtf. You don't exhaust your best players for an useless match when you are already in the top of group position and you have a big match (semi-final) tomorrow. It's common sense right?