Chinese NT 2017

• In theory, the team will be the same as the one participating in WGCC 2017.
    Volleyball Casalmaggiore has said that Zeng Chun-lei will take part in the qualifiers of WCH 2018.

Thanks fyi. In that case it's a very solid team, will give a peace of mind.

China has some bad habits to send the scratch teams to the Asian tournaments but good this time they still remember that it's an Asian Qualifier for WCh :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• She played both of those matches as OPP
    Honestly she plays very rarely on position 4, she often use combination play when she is on that side. The few times I saw her spiking on left wing she seemed very unconfortable...
    Very weird from Pomi if they plan to use her as OH... But she can still be a very useful OPP ! She is complete, technically good and smart

Pomì Casalmaggiore already has 2 strong OPP, they need Zeng to play as OH...I wonder if she is aware of that?

• Everyone knows (me included) that Zeng is a good receiver, but as OH she will also have to attack. And she will have to do it mainly from the left wing, which doesn't seem to be her favourite position. I'd like also to add that receiving and defending as OH is not the same as doing it as OPP.
    I'm afraid Zeng will spend all year on bench, and that Pomì signed her mainly for marketing reasons..

• Everyone knows (me included) that Zeng is a good receiver, but as OH she will also have to attack. And she will have to do it mainly from the left wing, which doesn't seem to be her favourite position. I'd like also to add that receiving and defending as OH is not the same as doing it as OPP.
    I'm afraid Zeng will spend all year on bench, and that Pomì signed her mainly for marketing reasons..

True, but having a OPP like Pavan and a MB like Stevanovic, they won`t need her to be a power weapon offensively. But we will see, I`m excited to see how she will do.

another thing, does everyone in the Italian League speaks Italian or they speak English as well??. ...Of course I don`t know but I doubt Chunlei speaks any Italian, but if she speaks English and coaches/players are speaking in English as well that should not be a problem. Otherwise we could see some communication problems for her.

Trust my words, the marketing reasons won't work if Zeng just stands at the bench most of the time. Player gets famous and exposure because she's actively playing not just standing or sitting idly. And people now are much more critical, if Zeng spends most of her time there in waiting, her fans will be aware and such condition may backfire on Pomi's intention instead of bringing anything positive. Time will divulge. But pls note on my words here :-) dated 2017.09.08

//Edit: Pomi will simply do adjustment to the team (incl. the role of each) as it deems necessary as time goes by... after some observation incl. trial practices to put Zeng on good use i/o being idle at the bench.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

Although the video is too old, Zeng Chun-lei played as an OH in this match:
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_X…91407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

Chinese League 05/06 Beijing (home) - Shanghai

Beijing (yellow):
    S - Feng Kun [5]
    OP - Qiu Ai-hua [4]
    OH - Zeng Chun-lei [9] Yang Dan [13]
    MB - Xue Ming [12] Liu Ying [8]
    L - Cao Meng-di [17]

Shanghai (red):
    S - Dong Jia-yi [5]
    OP - Xi Xi [12]
    OH - He Qing [1] Chen Yi-na [17]
    MB - Zhang Lei [8] Ma Yun-wen [14]
    L - Ma Xiao-ying [2]

The other match is found so simply - 2014 WGP Finals: China 0-3 Japan in Set 3, Zeng Chun-lei as an OH

EDIT: In Season 2005/2006, Zeng Chun-lei was a freshwoman. She was truly an OH in the beginning but her spike of Position 4 was not good then.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Aren't Zeng and Sarah both left handed players? Maybe they could do try having setters set to the right side like they do for their outside hitters? :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The unofficial roster of U23 WCH 2017 (according to some photos from players and the rumors from fans):
    S - Cheng Long, Yu Jia-rui
    OP - Chen Pei-yan, Zhu Yue-zhou
    OH - Wang Yun-lu, Song Mei-li, Jin Ye, Cai Xiao-qing
    MB - Li Ying (Zhejiang), Yan Kai-lun, Lei Yan-xi
    L - Gong Mei-zi

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• If Wang Yunlu is on the team, then she got demoted. I have never seen any Chinese player playing senior level getting selected to play U tournaments under Lang Ping.

• Shan danna was. She went to London but in 2013, she went to u23 WCH.

So she was the first to get demoted under Lang Ping, who took over in 2013. After 2014, she got cut completely. I guess Wang Yunlu will follow the same path.

• The unofficial roster of U23 WCH 2017 (according to some photos from players and the rumors from fans):
    S - Cheng Long, Yu Jia-rui
    OP - Chen Pei-yan, Zhu Yue-zhou
    OH - Wang Yun-lu, Song Mei-li, Jin Ye, Cai Xiao-qing
    MB - Li Ying (Zhejiang), Yan Kai-lun, Lei Yan-xi
    L - Gong Mei-zi

Is any of these players from 2016 OG or 2014 WCh roster of CHN?

• Playing on senior team and getting sent to U tournaments is a demotion. I think Wang Yunlu is done if she is indeed on the U23 team roster. Her game is limited, even worst than Li Jing, so I don't see how she can make any of the World team rosters in the future.

• Dudes, what's the key difference(s) between this Chinese team here at WGCC vs that Chinese team at the recent WGP to come out with the quite different yields? Moreover most faces are just the same, even the same An commanding on court :D

• Dudes, what's the key difference(s) between this Chinese team here at WGCC vs that Chinese team at the recent WGP to come out with the quite different yields? Moreover most faces are just the same, even the same An commanding on court :D

Zeng Chun-lei

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

All the noobs and B listers are gone. All injury free OG players are back and old captain Zeng Chunlei.

• Yan Ni also
    Gong wasnt good in WGP...Zeng Chun-lei is more stable and better receiver at the moment but she is young and i believe in her

• Gong is little bit disapointing. She has lot of talent, but It seems that she refuses to take more responsibility. Probably she wants to stay the "little" girl of the team.