Chinese NT 2017

• Zeng Chun-lei

All the noobs and B listers are gone. All injury free OG players are back and old captain Zeng Chunlei.

Yan Ni also
    Gong wasnt good in WGP...Zeng Chun-lei is more stable and better receiver at the moment but she is young and i believe in her

All are so true... YAN Ni & ZENG Chun-lei as well as ZHANG Chang-ning who already got involved with team's training cf. the recent WGP F6 whereas she just joined after some small injury plus gone all the newbies & B-listers. I may have underestimated ZENG's contribution in the reception and defense and instead focus only on her attacking.

All these three players plus YUAN are shining here while others incl. the steady ZHU remain good and stable, the new inclusions really give contribution to the team.

Gong is little bit disapointing. She has lot of talent, but It seems that she refuses to take more responsibility. Probably she wants to stay the "little" girl of the team.

I notice that too, and I hope she won't. Same as Gomez4 I still have confidence for GONG Xiang-yu and she's still young after all! I wish her to follow the footsteps of her big sister, ZHANG Chang-ning, growing fiercer and more lethal. She can also look at the young YUAN Xin-yue, getting more explosive ever since Rio!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• An is a terrible coach. At 24-23 set 2, didn't challenge. Could have been up 2-0 but lost the set.

• An is a terrible coach. At 24-23 set 2, didn't challenge. Could have been up 2-0 but lost the set.

But who knows if the CHN team avoided the situation of straight ... there could be more considerations than what seen on the surface, more than we. the laymen, may think of or ever care :whistle:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• But who knows if the CHN team avoided the situation of straight ... there could be more considerations than what seen on the surface, more than we. the laymen, may think of or ever care :whistle:

The right thing to do is to challenge. What if this were a final, letting your opponent back is not a good thing at all. The only good that got of a this was China came back strong and won easily. China still has the tendency of letting opponents come back so they should improve on that. Oh yeah I forgot Lang Ping is the real coach of this tournament so An is irrelevant. :lol:

• The right thing to do is to challenge. What if this were a final, letting your opponent back is not a good thing at all. The only good that got of a this was China came back strong and won easily. China still has the tendency of letting opponents come back so they should improve on that. Oh yeah I forgot Lang Ping is the real coach of this tournament so An is irrelevant.

An JiaJie, with his bad habit of always have something to say to the girls, really boils my blood. We can see countless of time that he keeps reproaching the girls, especially toward Zeng Chenlai and Zhu Ting, even when the girls had scored a point. In one time Zeng Chenlai had scored a point with a perfect block. She didn't even have a time to celebrate, An JiaJie was already starting to gesture like monkey in a circus as if Zeng had done something very bad. When I saw this, I said to myself, wtf you stupid moron. Why don't you just let the girls enjoy little bit instead of keep harassing them. I feel this guy is really on the power trip.

• An JiaJie, with his bad habit of always have something to say to the girls, really boils my blood. We can see countless of time that he keeps reproaching the girls, especially toward Zeng Chenlai and Zhu Ting, even when the girls had scored a point. In one time Zeng Chenlai had scored a point with a perfect block. She didn't even have a time to celebrate, An JiaJie was already starting to gesture like monkey in a circus as if Zeng had done something very bad. When I saw this, I said to myself, wtf you stupid moron. Why don't you just let the girls enjoy little bit instead of keep harassing them. I feel this guy is really on the power trip.

Well Tomen did mentioned he was not Lang Ping's choice so I guess its bureaucratic connections. I just hope he's here temporary. Can't stand this guy's eunuch like behavior :lol:

• The official roster of U23 WCH 2017:
    S - Cheng Long, Yu Jia-rui
    OP - Zhu Yue-zhou, Chen Pei-yan
    OH - Wang Yun-lu, Song Mei-li, Cai Xiao-qing, Jin Ye
    MB - Yan Kai-lun, Huang Rui-lei, Lei Yan-xi
    L - Gong Mei-zi

The head coach, Wu Sheng's choice is not the best. Wang Wei-yi is better than Gong Mei-zi in the Chinese National Games. Huang Rui-lei is not good in ACH 2017. Why doesn't Wu Sheng choose Zhejiang's Li Ying? Xu Jiu-jing? Chen Pei-yan as the substitute player? Zhu Yue-zhou is only "an opposite hitter with the whole MB style"...

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• All the best for the team, wish them be able to play in the last four at least :D :dance6: who knows the far from perfect line-up can still show up some pleasant surprises out of the chosen coach''s sleeves? Simply register a better result than the most recent U-XX, forget which one it is, but the poor CHN team couldn't even advance to the next round, being positioned as the 2nd lowest team in the prelim pool :lol:

Being in the same year and close to the Volleyball schedule of the 4-year event China's National Games certainly takes toll on the CHN U-XX team... resulting in some mediocre scratch team :whistling: but those Int'l U-XX tournaments do pose lower importance than the National Games, so just accept such reality! Only the senior WCh gets the VIP treatment from the CVA :lol:

//EDIT: The CHN U-23 is fortunate to start the pool prelim with rather soft opponents, THA & EGY and just face the tougher ones, DOM & the host SLO, later thus have some time for the rush team adaption.

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• The CHN U-23 is going to face its toughest opponent in the pool prelim, which is the host SLO this late evening (Asia), 12.09.17 15:00 (GMT). SLO just beat DOM 4-1 earlier. the

UPDATE: So true my thought, the crappy CHN U23 team was just steamrolled 0-4 by SLO, the small Balkan nation ex-Yugoslavia :lol: Feel pity on Wu Sheng to take in charge of a crappy squad.

Wonder if any CHN resources will give the coverage to the match? Knows any CHN live stream be ON for this perhaps? As a back stopper I hope the betting site sportsxxxxx will cover this match, and with viewable quality :D what a poor man tournament!! :lol: I really detest it when those U-XX tournaments are hosted by those small nations they simply lack of resources to carry them out in good fashion.... FIVB needs to be realistic, it should not spread out the deficiency! Had FIVB co-operated with LaolaTV as in the past, coverage would have not been that bad! :whistling:

• 1. At least Zhu Ting and Zeng Chun-lei will arrive in Kazakhstan.
    2. Only a rumor: Yan Ni (or Yao Di) and Wang Chen-yue leave. Gao Yi and Wang Yuan-yuan return NT.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• 1. At least Zhu Ting and Zeng Chun-lei will arrive in Kazakhstan.
    2. Only a rumor: Yan Ni (or Yao Di) and Wang Chen-yue leave. Gao Yi and Wang Yuan-yuan return NT.

Thanks for the update Tomen.
    Should bring no effect at all. TBH the gun the CHN team bring along to the KAZ is already overkill.... just imagine an Asian competition w/o JPN KOR THA... :lol:

And even though CHN brings the core, I wish the team may give more playing time to the bench players there: Gao; Wang YY; Zheng YX; Diao LY; et al.. and Zhu may sit nicely there watching the match and enjoy the beauty of KAZ :D

Btw will CCTV-5 broadcast this KAZ Qualification??

Just a refresh from few posts earlier:

Women’s World Championship ASIAN QUALIFIERS From Sept 20 to 24, 2017 - AVC

POOL A - September 20 to 24 - KAZ
    The Rio Olympic gold medallists China, hosts Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei, Australia and Fiji. Only top two teams from this pool will make the cut for the next year’s Japan Finals.

POOL B - September 20 to 24 - THA
    Hosts & Asian silver medallists Thailand, World No.10 South Korea, DPR Korea, Vietnam and Iran, with only the two best-ranked teams making the cut for the next year’s World Championship Finals in Japan.

Edited 4 times, last by samsara ().

• Gao Yi and Qian Jingwen return? An Jiajie must love his Shandong player to bring back Qian.

• S - Ding Xia, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Zeng Chun-lei, Gong Xiang-yu
    OH - Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Xiao-tong, Qian Jing-wen
    MB - Yan Ni, Yuan Xin-yue, Zheng Yi-xin, Gao Yi
    L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie

Yao Di will have a minor surgery about her knee.
    Wang Chen-yue returns to Jiangsu to get ready for Chinese League 17/18.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• WOW! China sends a very strong team to Astana! Yan Ni stays thus no Wang Yuan-Yuan ==> and it becomes rather clear that Gao Yi is the preferred choice over Wang YY !
    Good for Wang Chen-yue to return to Jiangsu team, it's a pity to watch the cutie just standing at bench hardly get any show time during the WGCC even when against the weakest team, KOR :whistle:

Now from this team I wish An will field Wang Meng-jie; Zheng Yi-xin, Gao Yi; Liu Xiao-tong, Qian Jing-wen; Zeng Chun-lei / Gong Xiang-yu and let the usual starting players (Zhu; Zhang; Yan; Yuan) sitting at the bench watching nicely as good backup :dance4: :D :whistle:

It will help to make the matches there a little bit more balanced and interesting :D :lol:

• The crappy CHN U23 team was just steamrolled by DOM 0-4. DOM won 15 - 10; 15 - 13; 15 - 3; 15 - 10.

I guess the CHN coach Wu Sheng felt dull to lead a crappy squad like that; he's rather apathetic on court seeing his girls being crushed by the dynamic and strong DOM but little could he do being equipped with the low quality resources. A crappy team goes nowhere now fights for the 5th place at best :down: :thumbdown: :whistling:

FAILED THE EXPECTATION TO ADVANCE TO THE LAST FOUR!!!

YOU'RE FIRED!!! SAID DONALD TRUMP IN APPRENTICE AS WELL AS IN THE WHITE HOUSE... TO THE BANNON & FEW OTHERS! :D :P :lol: :lol:

• Still possible to qualify if Thailand upsets Dominican in 6 or less sets and China beats Argentina in 6 or less sets. Anyway this tournament is good to evaluate potential players to select for senior team. Liu Yanhan and Yao Di were selected by winning the crown few years back. This year Song Meili and Wang Yunlu proved themselves to be not senior team material so I think they are done in getting selected into A team. They were part of B teams before but I think it is time to say goodbye.

• I want Zhu Ting has more rest. Long time practice will do harm to her career. After all, she said want to attend 3 Olympic games.

I agree with that! I hope An will be sensible to rest her in Astana and function her as a good backup only... only be used there if it is really needed! Lang may more likely to do that; An is dubious as ever. I wish the great Zhu may attend The Three Olympics.... SO C00L :-) Age is with her! :rose: :rose: :rose:

btw just days ago the news came out said that the 2024 OG would be held in Paris.

jetmasters -- It involves the so-called Miracle to enable such scenario :-) I simply take it as a done case ... 再见 :wavy: :cup: Goodbye My Love as Teresa Teng sang the hit in the past...

Btw the U23 is very awkward age bracket... practically meaningless... nowadays many players become NT members at the age of around 20. FIVB should stop the age bracket at 18 or 19 IMO.

• China's bench can easily win this qualifying tournament so Zhu is only there as insurance. The random team during Asian Championships managed to get 4th place so the group China is in is relatively weak. If An can't win with the bench, it only means he's too incompetent.

As for U23, it's pretty much a meaningless tournament since it was newly added a few years back so winning it is not important like U18 and U20. Think of it as a consolation tournament for players to win something.

• Wu Sheng's question is the same as Wang Bao-quan's and Yu Jue-min's.
    They are all under the control of province official organizations about sports.
    They focused their own rights more than the pride as the head coaches of Chinese NT.
    Chinese Sports need to change though the change has to wait for it much time.
    Of course, the foreign country also has the situation such as Russian female NT (before 2016 OG, Marichev vs. Godina) and Italian male NT about Ivan Zarytsev twice.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu