Chinese NT 2017

• China's bench can easily win this qualifying tournament so Zhu is only there as insurance. The random team during Asian Championships managed to get 4th place so the group China is in is relatively weak. If An can't win with the bench, it only means he's too incompetent.

As for U23, it's pretty much a meaningless tournament since it was newly added a few years back so winning it is not important like U18 and U20. Think of it as a consolation tournament for players to win something.

"Think of it as a consolation tournament for players to win something."

Yeah FULLY Agree :D the only purpose that does give some sense to the U23 existence... cannot be mean trying to bag all!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• "Think of it as a consolation tournament for players to win something."

Yeah FULLY Agree :D the only purpose that does give some sense to the U23 existence... cannot be mean trying to bag all!

As soon as China lost its chance to qualify to semis, the tournaments becomes meaningless suddenly :rolleyes:

• As soon as China lost its chance to qualify to semis, the tournaments becomes meaningless suddenly :rolleyes:

You said the same thing for Grand Champions Cup because it doesn't involve Europe. :rolll:

• As soon as China lost its chance to qualify to semis, the tournaments becomes meaningless suddenly :rolleyes:

C'mon serdar... why are you so mean? Of course not, after all this is a World Championship.

Even though the winner here may never be able to compete in the senior World Championship at all, at least that said winner here can still taste the feel of being the World Champion!! And as a matter of fact the U23 is the closest age bracket to the senior team.... just one step behind to convert the U23 into the real NT!

No, no we the CHN team fans cannot be that mean by saying that the U23 WCh is "meaningless" ==> it should contain its own meaning though within its boundary!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• C'mon serdar... why are you so mean? Of course not, after all this is a World Championship.

Even though the winner here may never be able to compete in the senior World Championship at all, at least that said winner here can still taste the feel of being the World Champion!! And as a matter of fact the U23 is the closest age bracket to the senior team.... just one step behind to convert the U23 into the real NT!

No, no we the CHN team fans cannot be that mean by saying that the U23 WCh is "meaningless" ==> it should contain its own meaning though within its boundary!

You are being mean by calling it as a consolation tournament :aww: There are many players who are also playing in their senior NT such as Hande, Beyza, Aslı from TUR; Wang Yunlu, Song Meili from CHN; Chausheva, Paskova, Dimitrova, Todorova from BUL; Edinara, Drussyla from BRA; Winifer, Jiniery, Gaila from DOM anb besides these names, SLO and CUB plays with same players in their A team. The only team I am missing in this tournament is ITA, which has the best players in young generations, they could have played here with almost same players from their A team just like SLO.

All in all, I think this tournament is a great chance for many players to shine as we have witnessed in the previous editions.

• 'Consolation tournament' ahaha and U20 is only important bcs you won it cmon at least admit your bias. Hande Baladin skipped the U20 tournament while she seems more then excited to play in this U23 Wch. Enough said to me.

• 'Consolation tournament' ahaha and U20 is only important bcs you won it cmon at least admit your bias. Hande Baladin skipped the U20 tournament while she seems more then excited to play in this U23 Wch. Enough said to me.

U23 was implemented in 2013 so it is a consolation tournament in a way for those that didn't win in U18 and U20. Feel free to disagree. Most teams don't even send their top players. It is more of a evaluation of whether players will get selected to their senior A team.

Not sure why you claiming bias against Chinese fans because China won the U20 tournament. Everyone, including Chinese fans, didn't expect them to win it all so it was a surprise really. Additionally, what does Hande's feeling have to do with anything? If she is that good, she should have played in U20 and that would give Turkey a higher chance to win it all. Maybe the bias is with you because all of the things said about the Grand Champions Cup and Europe.

• C'mon serdar... why are you so mean? Of course not, after all this is a World Championship.

In fact, the ones who think U23 WCH is meaningless aren't us, the audience but the coaches and the organizations themselves.
    At least, Jin Ye gave Wu Sheng "a loud slap".

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• In fact, the ones who think U23 WCH is meaningless aren't us, the audience but the coaches and the organizations themselves.

VOWWWW Tomen, this is the BEST answer EVER....And I really mean it, ouchhhh :cup:

• SO the Champions Cup with the Olympic Champions, World Champions and GP Champions were worthless and not this U23 is super Important?? I wonder if that has anything to do with Turkey being in the semifinals??

I`m sorry but this U23 is a absolutely worthless tournament that nobody cares about, I dont even know why FIVB created this event, anyways I don`t think it will last much longer, this could be the last edition.

Oh well, that`s why I love these European fans, they make me laugh :lol:

• In fact, the ones who think U23 WCH is meaningless aren't us, the audience but the coaches and the organizations themselves.

Read my message above again, it is simple: if the coaches think this was a meaningless tournament, they wouldn't bring so many players who are playing with senior teams. How hard is that? :aww:

• Lol why would you even compare a senior tournament with a U one? Just because we said WGCC is worthless, which is true because it holds no value. It's almost like confederations cup in football, just because it has a lot of great teams doesn't mean its important. The site where I checked live scores from noted it even as a 'friendly tournament' xD I won't say it is meaningless because winning it does 'mean' something ofc. However by you guys' logic WGP is more important then any U tournament since it has more A team players. You simply can't compare the two. If China picked a less good team its probably because they already won U20 and don't need to win this too. This tournament is very important as it shows which players of this generation can make it to the A team, just like any U tournament really. They will become the best of there Gen which is amazing ofc and really super IMPORTANT for that reason alone and for the future. But comparing this with a senior tournament is utter stupid and I actually can't believe so many of you guys are doing just that. :rolll:

• Some European folks here shouldnt be whining. Let Chinese team win Mickey Mouse cup organized by some Local Administrator. Still, they are the olympic champion. On the other hand, Let Turkish team win this u23 wch and lets see if we can see them at the olympics. :dance6: :dance6:

• Don't know if that is actually true since they claimed it jus after their elimination but it is not something unusual same can be said about Turkey in the U20 tournament where Hande the best player of the generation was absent, China won that tournament so it seems normal to me that they want to try something new here. I highly doubt it means they would immiediately win if their missing player(s) was here. In the end it is a U tournament which mainly is about finding new young talents to add in ur NT.

Btw it is way too early to talk about new olympic cycle which is in 2020. Last Cycle was missed mainly due to an inexperienced coach if you hd watched the matches

• Most of Chinese volleyball players in the country have just finished their National Games duty maybe a week ago. Obviously, this u23 team recruited from young girls who couldnt make it for their provincial teams or their team failed to take part for the national games. Thats it. And u know what? Zhu Ting has never participated in u23 wch still she is the best player in the world.

• Ok but you are being completely off here. My response was actally mainly to rdbfabio not even the Chinese who keeps mentioning how unimportant everything is after people disagreed with him. If you read my posts carefully you will understand my point. Bye

• About the news of coaches (the post may also be in the page of the Chinese League):
    1 Wu Sheng has left Zhejiang female volleyball club. Qi Li-li (female) will be the new head coach of it. Wu Sheng hopes to be the U-series head coach of Chinese female NT like Xu Jian-de. Are you kidding me? :thumbdown:
    2 Chen You-quan will be the new head coach of Tianjin Bohai Bank. :thumbdown: Yuan Ling-xi and his wife ... Wei Qiu-yue are still waiting for it. :thumbsup:

PS: Bao Shuang won Chen You-quan in AVC Cup in 2016. He also won Wu Sheng in 2017.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan