Chinese NT 2017

• In the case of absence of Chen Zhan, Li Jing and Wang Huimin,
    then the Montreux Volley Masters 2017 - Chinese WIDE Roster will be as follows:

Nevertheless STILL an interesting team to watch... TOO BAD cannot see the Zhejiang's players, I wanna see both Li Jing and Wang Huimin play at this level of tournament

I mean they will return!
    I mean they will return!
    I mean they will return!
    Do you understand?
    :wall: :wall: :wall:

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Okay Tomen, I read you wrongly earlier, SO, all Chen Zhan, Li Jing and Wang Huimin may have chance to play if they're selected.

The wide roster is 20 players, need to cut down another six names to come up with the final 14.

I wish Li Jing and Wang Huimin will make it. Also anxious to watch those new recruits I have never seen before :-)

Tomen, what's your select 14 for Montreux?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• According to the page: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2017/0426/3248.html
    the qualification of the senior teams in the 13th Chinese National Games:
    Group A (in Shanghai): Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Henan, Guangdong, Sichuan
    Group B (in Zhejiang): Liaoning, Zhejiang, Fujian, Shandong, Yunnan, Bayi, Hong Kong
    I think Top 3 of each group will be Beijing, Shanghai and Jiangsu in Group A and Zhejiang, Bayi and Liaoning in Group B.
    Only the players of the host, Team Tianjin and these five teams without Bayi [for World Military Games 2017] can take part in Montreux 2017.
    The rest 7 teams will participated in 8th - 13th place finals for the last site of main event ("8th").
    Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu, Du Qing-qing and Qian Jing-wen have finished the qualification of U22 teams in the 13th Chinese National Games.

Therefore, only my own select:
    S - Ding Xia, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Wang Mei-yi, Qian Jing-wen (also OH)
    OH - Li Jing, Wang Hui-min, Du Qing-qing
    MB - Wang Chen-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu
    L - Gong Mei-zi, Chen Zhan

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Thanks Tomen for the detailed explanation! Will be interesting to watch then.... tho Montreux is still distant :P

Btw This board really needs a Thank You button so members can up vote any positive post :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I agree with samsara. There are a few really good users who constantly update some threads with detailed information. Tomen is one of them and deserves appreciation! :drink:

• Watch China's Olympic volleyball champion team under attack by a machine! - Xinhua Sports 2017-05-07 (Twitter Video clip)
    https://twitter.com/XHSports/status/861434893217050624

Btw this board software is rather outdated, lacks of feature of directly supporting the embedding of [multi]media link from sites such as Twitter, YouTube, Youku, Vimeo, LiveLeak etc.

• https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5116576500

The link showed some details of the training of U20 NT.
    Yang Han-yu, Gao Yi and Qian Jing-wen joined it after the training of the senior NT.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Hey tomen, I just happened to watch the 2016.07.31 AVC U19 Championship JPN v CHN match. I was interested in seeing a couple Japanese youngsters making a small reputation I was unfamiliar with. The player who jumped out at me was #12 on China. I believe her name is Wu Han (it's hard to tell with those silly Gold lettering on Gray shirts the Chinese wear). She looks like she might be Hui Ruoqi's little sister and plays like she might be Zhang Changning's little sister. I was impressed. Does she have much of a reputation at this point in her career?

Oh well. I don't know how to insert image :mad:

• Hey tomen, I just happened to watch the 2016.07.31 AVC U19 Championship JPN v CHN match. I was interested in seeing a couple Japanese youngsters making a small reputation I was unfamiliar with. The player who jumped out at me was #12 on China. I believe her name is Wu Han (it's hard to tell with those silly Gold lettering on Gray shirts the Chinese wear). She looks like she might be Hui Ruoqi's little sister and plays like she might be Zhang Changning's little sister. I was impressed. Does she have much of a reputation at this point in her career?

Oh well. I don't know how to insert image :mad:

Name: WU Han 吴晗 (surname is Wu), belongs to Jiangsu Club; born in 1998, height: 183 cm
    watched the match too and could see that she's good there, but don't know her exact reputation within the Chinese volleyball circuit.

Btw, the FIVB image link can not be directly used here, its image must be uploaded first to some other image hosting resource.

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Oh yeah. Thanks for the tip!

She looks pretty strong. And like a firecracker

• Name: WU Han (surname is Wu), belongs to Jiangsu Club; born in 1998, height: 183 cm
    watched the match too and could see that she's good there, but don't know her exact reputation within the Chinese volleyball circuit.

Btw, the FIVB image link can not be directly used here, its image must be uploaded first to some other image hosting resource.

Wu Han can be a wing spiker whether the left wing (OH) or the right wing (OP) like Zhang Chang-ning.
    In Team Jiangsu Senior, because Gong Xiang-yu has to join the senior team, she is an OP.
    Her spike serve is like Hui Ruo-qi's from 2006 to 2009.

the video about her: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8109464/

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Because Beijing, Shanghai and Jiangsu got Top 3 of Group A of the qualification of 13th Chinese National Games,
    Liu Xiao-tong, Chen Zhan, Xu Ruo-ya, Gong Xiang-yu, Diao Lin-yu and Wang Chen-yue have chance to take part in Montreux 2017.
    The players from Fujian, Liaoning and Zhejiang still need to take efforts to get Top 3 of Group B.

source: 13th National Games

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Legendary Jenny Lang Ping, having won Olympic gold both as player and coach,
    will serve as vice president of Chinese Volleyball Association

Xinhua Sports - 2017.05.18
    https://twitter.com/XHSports/status/865167699868999681

:flower: CONGRATULATIONS!! :drink:

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Because Beijing, Shanghai and Jiangsu got Top 3 of Group A of the qualification of 13th Chinese National Games,
    Liu Xiao-tong, Chen Zhan, Xu Ruo-ya, Gong Xiang-yu, Diao Lin-yu and Wang Chen-yue have chance to take part in Montreux 2017.
    The players from Fujian, Liaoning and Zhejiang still need to take efforts to get Top 3 of Group B.

source: 13th National Games

IF SO, in the case of minus players from Fujian, Liaoning and Zhejiang the Chinese roster will be as follows:

And the list has only 13 players left! :-)

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• IF SO, in the case of minus players from Fujian, Liaoning and Zhejiang the Chinese roster will be as follows:

And the list has only 13 players left! :-)

Lin Li and Zheng Yi-xin could participate in Montreux 2017 because today Fujian won Bayi and got the fourth victory and Top 3 of Group B.
    Liaoning has got two loses.
    The debuts of Wang Mei-yi and Gong Mei-zi are still hard to say.
    (Because Wang Yi-mei needs a better-receiving OP, Wang Mei-yi is replaced by Liu Dan again. Gong Mei-zi is better than she because she doesn't have the substitute one)

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• In Group B, Fujian, Zhejiang and Shandong got Top 3. Therefore, Ding Xia, Wang Mei-yi and Gong Mei-zi from Team Liaoning won't participate in Montreux 2017.

The roster of Montreux 2017 is only my guess:

S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Qian Jing-wen
    OH - Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing, Wang Hui-min, Du Qing-qing
    MB - Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu
    L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• IF the lineup goes like that, then I think the team is NO less in quality than the last year's composition and sufficiently capable to compete with the strongest participants there: BRA and NED :drink: thus it will provide some GREAT ENTERTAINMENT in Switzerland :thumbsup:

And another great news is CCTV-5 PLUS (or perhaps in alternate with its twin sports channel, CCTV-5) will cover the Montreux Volley Masters, at least it will air all matches involve the Chinese team :-)

saw its coverage schedule for Montreux during its live broadcast of Sudirman Cup in Aussie (badminton) as well as the coverage schedule for WTTC in Germany this end of May. CCTV-5 Plus will also broadcast the final stage of China's 13th National Games at the end of Aug-early Sep, chance is some volleyball matches there.

Edited 4 times, last by samsara ().

• S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Qian Jing-wen
    OH - Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing, Wang Hui-min, Xu Ruo-ya
    MB - Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Chen-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi
    L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie

Because Yao Di is in Kazakhstan now, for training, Chen Xin-tong will join the training camp temporarily.
    Yang Han-yu will return U20 NT.
    Du Qing-qing lost this chance with three players of Team Liaoning.
    Chen Zhan is only ready for the absence of other liberos.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Thanks for informing. Interesting composition, prospective!

Many new players to be seen for the 1st time in senior team in int'l tournament, at least for me :-) Qian Jing-wen Wang Hui-min Xu Ruo-ya Wang Chen-yue Wang Yuan-yuan Gao Yi... seeing some only through club, Asian or junior events.

• Just realized that YAO Di went along with the Tianjin team attending "SMM 2017 Asian Womens’s Club Samruk Kazyna Volleyball Championship" in Kazakhstan and got the bronze medal beating the host KAZ 3-1 while THA bt JPN in the final, also 3-1, to take the gold and JPN had the silver, all matches were done today, the CCTV-5 PLUS aired both of them. Just watched these matches by chance when actually looked for WTTC matches in Düsseldorf, GER. Saw WANG Ning, CHEN Liyi in Tianjin team, not familiar with other players. While KAZ Altay team basically was KAZ NT + Robles from Cuba; same as THAI was practically THAI NT plus some Black players and JPN was the club players I ain't familiar with.

Saw Jovana Brakočević within the KAZ Altay club but not fielded in today's 3/4 match. Btw Kristina Anikonova (KAZ, born 1991, 183 cm) - Altay Club shirt 18 is cute :D

YAO Di missed the chance to play with a stronger team under a more intense competition in Montreux compared to this club-level tournament. Hopefully she'll get some playing time in WGP series.

Edited 6 times, last by samsara ().