Chinese NT 2017

• http://worldgrandprix.2017.fiv…ams/chn-china/team_roster

S - Ding Xia, Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu (also S), Qian Jing-wen (also OH)
    OH - Zhu Ting (Captain, also OP), Li Jing, Zhang Chang-ning (also OP), Liu Xiao-tong (also OP), Li Ying-ying (also OP), Liu Yan-han (also OP), Wang Yun-lu
    MB - Xu Yun-li, Yuan Xin-yue, Zheng Yi-xin (also OP), Wang Chen-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi
    L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie, Gong Mei-zi

Zhu Ting became the new captain. Liu Yan-han will return. Li Ying-ying became the newest and youngest player of the senior NT.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2017/0602/3334.html

Head Coach: Xu Jian-de
    Players:
    S - Zhang Zi-han, Chen Fang-lin
    OP - Cui Mei-chen, Sun Ping-yuan, Liu Yu
    OH - Che Wen-han, Liu Jing-jing, Zhong Yun-yi, Fang Jing-yi
    MB - Liang Wei-fan, Jiao Dian, Sun Yu-qing, Zhang Jia-xin
    L - Ni Fei-fan

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• I was thinking Xu Yun-li was retiring, but is nice to see her there. She got injured in the 2014 WCH and China really missed her in the Final, maybe she wants to stay and win the Gold next year and retire with Gold in the Big 3.

• This must be old news, but why is Hui out?

It's a health issue, a technical one or she just asked a time out?

• This must be old news, but why is Hui out?

It's a health issue, a technical one or she just asked a time out?

Hui Ruo-qi might not join the national team this year.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Now both Hui Ruo-qi and Zeng Chunlei are not included into team, and I think both players may POSSIBLY have ended their NT participation quietly for whatever reasons; though Hui may be due to her [past] heart issue OR simply a time-out, Zhu Ting now takes over the captain role, the very apt person to bear the task regardless her relatively young age.

I will miss the dependable Hui if she's no longer with the NT. As for Zeng, nothing is wrong with her (thanks for all her contribution esp. in the 2015 World Cup) but there are simply too many new, better choices to fill up her shoes. Will still watch Zeng at Beijing BAIC VC nonetheless.

Same as rbdfabio, I'm quite pleased to see Xu Yun-li is still engaging with the NT, wonder if she eventually be still good enough to make it through until 2020 OG, but let see first at the 2018 WCh.

Hopefully to see a much more mature and dependable Liu Yan-han. Yeah, spotted this brand new name: Li Ying-ying, just heard about her name now :-) let see if she will be made into the final list. CHN Wide-Roster at 2017 WGP

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Hui is out because of her heart condition, the same issue that left her out of 2015 World Cup. She also played sparingly this season in the Chinese league because coaches and Lang Ping are being extra careful with her. Since there is no major competition this year, we will probably not see Hui play any tournaments except for the Chinese National Games.

As for the newcomers, Li Yingying was a bronze medalist at the 2015 Girls World Championship, winning the 2nd best OH award. She also got called up by Lang Ping for some training a year ago and now on the NT wide roster for WGP. Personally I think she is not that athletic or agile like the rest of the Chinese 190cm+ hitters but she is still young so there is room for improvement. I wish her the best of luck. The rest of the new members can prove themselves in Montreux like Gong Xiangyu did last year and took over Zeng Chunlei's spot for the Olympics.

• Thank you Tomem, Samsara and jetmasters for the answers.

I personally think that Hui was already at her limit in Rio, so It won't surprise me if she doesn't comeback to the NT. It's common seeing chinese athlets leaving the NT too soon and also she has this heart condition.

But she might prove me wrong, we'll see.

• Thank you Tomem, Samsara and jetmasters for the answers.

I personally think that Hui was already at her limit in Rio, so It won't surprise me if she doesn't comeback to the NT. It's common seeing chinese athlets leaving the NT too soon and also she has this heart condition.

But she might prove me wrong, we'll see.

I think she might also needs time to do her Ph.D besides her heart issue.
    She is still the top defensive OH in the word, and IMO she is even better than Jordan Larson.

• I think she might also needs time to do her Ph.D besides her heart issue.
    She is still the top defensive OH in the word, and IMO she is even better than Jordan Larson.

"Hui is doing her Ph.D??" Are you serious??

In what field/major?

Dunno that she's such smart in addition to skills and appearance... :-) If so, Hui has many talents.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Dunno that she's such smart in addition to skills and appearance... :-) If so, Hui has many talents.

And she can sing! 8o

• "Hui is doing her Ph.D??" Are you serious??

In what field/major?

Dunno that she's such smart in addition to skills and appearance... :-) If so, Hui has many talents.

she confirmed after she got her master's degree, she directly continued her Ph.D study. I'm not sure about the major, but I'm pretty sure it should be related with volleyball.

• she confirmed after she got her master's degree, she directly continued her Ph.D study. I'm not sure about the major, but I'm pretty sure it should be related with volleyball.

admission to the Ph .D program does not prove Hui's academic excellence as athlete gets special treatment with a much lower bar for academic performance. Programs like to recruit gold medalist to boost the image/reputation. As to Hui, she appears to position herself more of entertainment start than a volleyball player, she is unfit physically and technically for the national team

• admission to the Ph .D program does not prove Hui's academic excellence as athlete gets special treatment with a much lower bar for academic performance. Programs like to recruit gold medalist to boost the image/reputation. As to Hui, she appears to position herself more of entertainment start than a volleyball player, she is unfit physically and technically for the national team

it's not necessary to lower the bar to recruit athlete for Ph.D program. as long as you show your potential on theoretical study of a specific field, you can do your Ph.D.

• it's not necessary to lower the bar to recruit athlete for Ph.D program. as long as you show your potential on theoretical study of a specific field, you can do your Ph.D.

No need to argue, since none of us know how well she does academically. plus what can people expect from a phd program in sports major in a 3rd or 4th tier university anyway. I only care how well a player plays the sport, not how she sings, dances or acts. This is Volleyball!

• I think she might also needs time to do her Ph.D besides her heart issue.

I think her defensive skills were very helpful to China, but I'm not a fan of her offensive style and I think China is capable of developing better athletes in these 4 years.

• I think her defensive skills were very helpful to China, but I'm not a fan of her offensive style and I think China is capable of developing better athletes in these 4 years.

Btw the team doesn't have the four years for 2020 OG, less than three years but most likely around two years to groom or identify any good substitute with good all round skills like Hui, she is not very bright in each position she played but over all she's good, dependable and relatively stable, an all-round player.

Let see whether this year Montreux and WGP series may help identify any good prospect, just like last year's Montreux helped set the attention into Gong Xiangyu, was tried, recognized and affirmed in WGP series.

• Btw the team doesn't have the four years for 2020 OG, less than three years but most likely around two years to groom or identify any good substitute with good all round skills like Hui, she is not very bright in each position she played but over all she's good, dependable and relatively stable, an all-round player.

Let see whether this year Montreux and WGP series may help identify any good prospect, just like last year's Montreux helped set the attention in to Gong Xiangyu, was tried, recognized and affirmed in WGP serie

When did average becomes a synonym for all-round ? Judging by her performance, Hui is an over-rated average player

• He he he, you do have a very BOLD opinion on Hui, but again, it's just your own opinion, and don't think the matches in Rio justify your verdict (and that you know better than Lang Ping), and not the matches performed by the eventual winner, Jiangsu team in CVA League either. Suggest you to watch again those several key matches to test your opinion.

But that's all, I ain't the kind who is eager to exchange posts to just counter one's subjective opinions in any forum :-) tho yours is rather too bold, esp. for quite a new member like you.

• Let's focus on the whole players of Chinese NT instead of only Hui Ruo-qi, shall we?
    I like the new two MBs, Gao Yi and Wang Yuan-yuan.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu