Women's Club Volleyball Top 20 Rankings

• I stopped checking the rest when I saw Fenerbahce as number 5. This must be a joke :gone:

Let's hear your thoughts then wiseguy!

Fener lost Skorupa, Mihajlovic, Bosetti and Dietzen. Added Tomkom and Natalia. Are they weaker than last year? Sure. Are they significantly weaker than last season? No.

They finished 3rd in Champions League and 2nd in Turkish League last year. KYK and Natalia are World Class. Tomkom is reliable, Eda and Polen are capable players, and Dalbeler solid libero. Eczacibasi, VakifBank, Dynamo Moscow and Volero are better this season, but I don't think there is a 5th team that is.

• Let's hear your thoughts then wiseguy!

Fener lost Skorupa, Mihajlovic, Bosetti and Dietzen. Added Tomkom and Natalia. Are they weaker than last year? Sure. Are they significantly weaker than last season? No.

They finished 3rd in Champions League and 2nd in Turkish League last year. KYK and Natalia are World Class. Tomkom is reliable, Eda and Polen are capable players, and Dalbeler solid libero. Eczacibasi, VakifBank, Dynamo Moscow and Volero are better this season, but I don't think there is a 5th team that is.

Sorry if I have been mean but we can't compare leavers/incomers to decide if a team is better or worse this season. KYK has been an excellent player, world's best but already during last season her level dropped a lot. This summer she had no rest due to olympics and I will be surprised if she shows a good performance as earlier years. I think it is her last season in Fenerbahce and probably one of the last fat contracts she signed in her career. Polen failed many times last season and we know they were forced to replace her with Mihajlovic in all crucial parts. Another point is, although Bosetti acted like a 2nd libero, Abbondanza was again forced to have her on the court, because team could not receive or defend at all without her. Tomkom in my opinion is a better setter than Skorupa. When you look at pieces, Fenerbahce has a good team this year but when you look at it as a team, it will be much worse for them this season. A receiver line with KYK-Natalia-Dalbeler is much worse than KYK-Bosetti-Dalbeler (or Karadayi when needed). That means Tomkom can't make a big effect and play fast most of the time which makes her different than other setters. This year they are just a regular team, not top 5 in world ranking. Some italian teams, Dinamo Moscow look more balanced in my opinion.

• I stopped checking the rest when I saw Fenerbahce as number 5. This must be a joke :gone:

We all know Fenerbahce is weaker this season but i think you exaggerate.. too much.
    Which team would you choose instead of Fenerbahce as number 5..? and where would you put Fenerbahce in this ranking?

• We all know Fenerbahce is weaker this season but i think you exaggerate.. too much.
    Which team would you choose instead of Fenerbahce as number 5..? and where would you put Fenerbahce in this ranking?

I would put it 10 if we are talking of world ranking. I think most Italian teams and Brazilian teams are ahead of Fenerbahce this season. I think their transfer policy this period was bad, would be great if they picked a solid receiver OH instead of Natalia and scorer MBs. That would be the perfect condition for Tomkom but now, they are just a big black box, can turnout great and terrible :white:

• I would put it 10 if we are talking of world ranking. I think most Italian teams and Brazilian teams are ahead of Fenerbahce this season. I think their transfer policy this period was bad, would be great if they picked a solid receiver OH instead of Natalia and scorer MBs. That would be the perfect condition for Tomkom but now, they are just a big black box, can turnout great and terrible :white:

I don't think the Italian/ Brazilian teams are better than Fenerbahce.. i still don't see Conegliano or Modena beating a Turkish team (including Fener) in a CL playoff match.
    As you said Fener this season is a black box.. so it's better to wait and watch how Nootsara and Natalia will work before judging.

• Sorry if I have been mean but we can't compare leavers/incomers to decide if a team is better or worse this season. KYK has been an excellent player, world's best but already during last season her level dropped a lot. This summer she had no rest due to olympics and I will be surprised if she shows a good performance as earlier years. I think it is her last season in Fenerbahce and probably one of the last fat contracts she signed in her career. Polen failed many times last season and we know they were forced to replace her with Mihajlovic in all crucial parts. Another point is, although Bosetti acted like a 2nd libero, Abbondanza was again forced to have her on the court, because team could not receive or defend at all without her. Tomkom in my opinion is a better setter than Skorupa. When you look at pieces, Fenerbahce has a good team this year but when you look at it as a team, it will be much worse for them this season. A receiver line with KYK-Natalia-Dalbeler is much worse than KYK-Bosetti-Dalbeler (or Karadayi when needed). That means Tomkom can't make a big effect and play fast most of the time which makes her different than other setters. This year they are just a regular team, not top 5 in world ranking. Some italian teams, Dinamo Moscow look more balanced in my opinion.

okay no problem with you sayig that fenerbahce will be significantly weaker this season but kim yen koung having her last fat contract? so are you saying that no top club would be interested in her anymore?

• okay no problem with you sayig that fenerbahce will be significantly weaker this season but kim yen koung having her last fat contract? so are you saying that no top club would be interested in her anymore?

KYK's salary right now is probably more than the entire budget of 90-95% of teams in Europe. I can see a Chinese club paying her the same salary next season, but she will never earn this much in Europe again. It all depends on how she performs this season of course. I am not the only person saying her performance dropped during last season. This is all about the aging and I don't think Kim will be playing like she used to in the next 2-3 years.

• KYK's salary right now is probably more than the entire budget of 90-95% of teams in Europe. I can see a Chinese club paying her the same salary next season, but she will never earn this much in Europe again. It all depends on how she performs this season of course. I am not the only person saying her performance dropped during last season. This is all about the aging and I don't think Kim will be playing like she used to in the next 2-3 years.

so its' the lower budget of euro teams