Turkish NT 2017

• WGP 2017 has been completed for Turkey

my evaluation on selecting the players for the main squad/team A amongst the players who took partin WGP 2017

i would choose amongst Fatma Yıldırım,Meliha Ismailoğlu,Hande Baladın,Beyza Arıcı for the team-A

Hande Baladın or Meliha Ismailoğlu as offensive OH?
    actually Hande Baladın is young and should improve as OH..Meliha Ismailoğlu is more experienced than her..i think i would perfer Meliha to her for the upcoming tournaments..Baladın will be the future of this team

Güldeniz Önal or Fatma Yıldırım as defensive OH ?

Fatma''s performance was ok.Gamze's connection may be better with Güldeniz (they played in the same club last season) These are close players..I think I would prefer Güldeniz Over Fatma..i wont be suprised if Fatma is chosed

my main squad composition would be like :

Setters : Naz Aydemir Akyol,Gamze Alikaya
    OPP : Polen Uslupehlivan,Meryem Boz
    OHs : Gözde Kırdar (formerly Sonsırma) , Neriman Özsoy (her new surname ??) ,Güldeniz Önal,Meliha Ismailoğlu
    MBs : Eda Erdem Dündar,Kübra Akman Çalışkan,Dicle Nur Babat,Beyza Arıcı
    Ls : Hatice Gizem Örge,Melis Yılmaz

maybe 5 OHs (Hande Baladın as the fifth OH) + 3 MBs could be as well (one of Dicle and Beyza out)

• 17 players roster for U23 team:

Setters: Cagla Akin, Ezgi Dilik, Cansu Ozbay
    Opps: Nursevil Aydinlar (also setter), Tutku Burcu Yuzgenc
    MBs: Asli Kalac, Su Zent, Zehra Gunes, Yasemin Guveli
    OHs: Humay Topaloglu, Yagmur Mislina Kilic, Hande Baladin, Ada Germen, Saliha Sahin
    Liberos: Bihter Dumanoglu, Ayca Aykac, Melis Yilmaz

The players who are eligible but missing in the roster are Beyza Arici (MB) and Tugba Senoglu (OH). It is surprising to see Saliha instead of Tugba, although she is quite a good receiver, her attacking stats were bad in last WCh U21

• Both Cagla and Ezgi are limited setters, I hope Cansu would get a chance to be starter and show her potential.

• Nursevil was good as Opp whenever she played in GS, it is really concerning that we don't have any Opp coming from younger generations and we have to convert setters to Opps :aww: Tutku was supposed to be a good talent and she got a lot of playing time as both Opp and OH in her club. But she was simply horrible during U21 WCh and basically she is the reason we ended up only 4th place :thumbdown: Neither of the Opps from 1994-95 generation Ceyda Aktas and Ece Hocaoglu are eligible due to age. Starting Opp of 1996-97 generation was Pelin Aroguz (she was pretty good) but she went to USA to study and I haven't heard anything since then about her development. Back-up Opp Mislina was converted to OH although we desperately need an Opp nowadays :wall: Hopefully Ebrar Karakurt from 2000-01 generation would turn into a good opp, although that generation as whole group seems to a big embarrassment so far :S

• In the absence of Beyza, most likely we will see Zehra-Yasemin duo who had a superb tournament recently. Asli doesn't do slide and as M2, Zehra is already better than her

• Hande would hopefully improve her game and will show some character by leading her team. She still needs to prove herself as OH although she already played as Opp 2 years ago in U23 team.

• Melis should be starter libero

All in all, this is a good roster with promising players. We could expect a medal from this team :box:

• I agree with Serdar on most. I actually think Nursevil will be a very good opposite, much better than other local OPPs we have in market today like Ceren Kestirengöz, Ceyda Aktas etc. She is smart and has good technique, all she needs is to improve her strength.

I also would like to watch Cansu as setter and Nursevil as Opp.

For the MBs, I dont agree at all on Zehra being better than Asli. Zehra proved nothing yet except playing in a mediocre team and she had some incredible performances as well as bad ones. She reminds me of Kubra Akman a lot. I will definitely not protest if Ataman prefers a more experienced and faster MB with better serves, Asli. As far as I remember, Asli was actually running slides in her first season in GS. I think all three MBs will have time on court, it all depends on who is having a bad time that day.

I think OHs will be confusing because I really liked Mislina in Baku this summer. Her receiving was very solid and she did fine in attacking too. However I guess we will see Hande Baladin-Ada German (or Saliha) duo as OHs. Depending on how good Hande attacks, she might be shifted to opposite while Mislina comes in.

Feels like it is a good squad with many alternatives. I hope Ataman will keep the fast game style he has in GS with this team. I have a feeling that setters Cansu and Ezgi can play that kind of game. :drink:

• here is the Turkish team for Europpean championship .
    3 of them will be out

setters: Gamze, Naz
    oh's: Gözde, Neriman, Tuğba Şenoğlu, Güldeniz
    opp's: Neslihan, Polen, Melis Durul, Meryem
    Libero's Gizem Örge, Simge Aköz, Merve Dalbeler
    mb's: Eda Erdem, Beyza Arıcı, Kübra, Bahar Toksoy

there is no surprise
    but Hande is out and she is in u-23 team
    and we saw that guidetti isnt affected the performans of fatma, meliha, şeyma
    Tugba Şenoğlu is in, she played in Besiktaş last seasson and she will play for vakıfbank this year
    she was the best second scorer in u-20 world championship this year in mexico
    and also she was in dream team best OH
    she is 19 years old

i'm a little bit mad. Because Seda must be in this team instead Melis
    Seda is a good bloker and better attacker than Melis

i think that Melis, Beyza, and one of the libero simge/merve will be out

:mirror:

• I thought Neslihan and Gozde had retired?

• For me, only surprise is that Tugba is in instead of Seda. Tugba was quite scorer at U20, but her attacking ratios were not convincing. However, Guidetti was always right with his investments on young players so it might pay off at the end. Decision of not taking Hande is really fair, she did not show anything promising during GP. I hope she will perform better at U23. By the way, I don't think Beyza will be out since she is not in U23 roster although she is still eligible to play there. In the case of bringing Tugba, I would have still keep seda in the roster as Opp with Neslihan. If Neriman gets injured during the tournament, there is no one to replace her except Seda. :aww:

• For me, only surprise is that Tugba is in instead of Seda. Tugba was quite scorer at U20, but her attacking ratios were not convincing. However, Guidetti was always right with his investments on young players so it might pay off at the end. Decision of not taking Hande is really fair, she did not show anything promising during GP. I hope she will perform better at U23. By the way, I don't think Beyza will be out since she is not in U23 roster although she is still eligible to play there. In the case of bringing Tugba, I would have still keep seda in the roster as Opp with Neslihan. If Neriman gets injured during the tournament, there is no one to replace her except Seda. :aww:

i dont know why gui dont choosed Seda this is shock for me
    Seda is an experienced player. she played very well in Galatasaray. and she was pretty good with centoni... they carried GS to champions leage

Tuğba will be a good player but Seda is a monster in block
    she can defance and play at OH also

we need a player like Neriman. And Seda / Hande are the options...

Hope that it wont be a problem :(

i think that Gui will choose her wife instead Beyza :)

• So happy to see Guidetti bringing some of the best promising youngsters and trying to adapt them into the NT. Seda is good but nothing special imho. Who knows what Beyza and Tugba can do. These are the kind of players we need for next olympic cycle so I don't see anything weird about taking super talented 18 y/o OH Tugba instead of 30 y/o Ok-ish Seda... Great decisions so far :thumbsup:

• 16 players that went to Germany for friendlies according to http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/…p?cid=07&id=34533&topic=2

Setters: Naz Aydemir, Gamze Alikaya
    Opps: Neslihan Demir, Polen Uslupehlivan, Meryem Boz
    OHs: Gözde Kırdar, Neriman Özsoy, Güldeniz Önal, Tuğba Şenoğlu, Hande Baladin
    MBs: Eda Erdem, Kübra Akman, Bahar Toksoy
    Libero's Gizem Örge, Simge Aköz, Merve Dalbeler

Beyza Arıcı seemst to be out Hande Baladin is in. Beyza was not listed in the initial U23 roster whereas Hande was there. One of liberos Merve or Simge will be cut but don't know who will be the last cut. It could be any of Hande, Tuğba, Meryem or Polen ?(

• Polen or Meryem will be out obviously, I would drop Polen...She and Neslihan are very similar players, Neslihan does everything better.
    Meryem is more dynamic than both, she can attack from back row, hit over the block...Brings dynamism and versatility.

Roster with 3 MBs and 5 OHs is a smart move by Guidetti. Turkey is offensively very limited and considering Neriman's reception problems, backup OHs offensive contribution is very important.
    I would like to see Meliha instead of Hande, but I guess Guidetti has problems with her attitude. (i.e. lack of commitment)

• The final 12 roster for U23 team:

Setters: Cagla Akin, Ezgi Dilik, Cansu Ozbay
    Opps: Nursevil Aydinlar (also setter), Tutku Burcu Yuzgenc Ebrar Karakurt
    MBs: Asli Kalac, Su Zent, Zehra Gunes, Yasemin Guveli Beyza Arıcı
    OHs: Humay Topaloglu, Yagmur Mislina Kilic, Hande Baladin, Ada Germen, Saliha Sahin, Tuğba Şenoğlu
    Liberos: Bihter Dumanoglu, Ayca Aykac, Melis Yilmaz

Beyza Arıcı and 17 years old Ebrar Karakurt are added to the previously announced roster. Since Melis Yılmaz is not here, either she has been added to the roster with senior team or she had an injury. Also both Tuğba Şenoğlu and Hande Baladin are in U23 roster, I am curious who will be the 4th OH next to Gözde, Neriman and Güldeniz :what: Since Seda is already training with her club, I guess Guidetti will take all 3 Opps instead of 4th OH, which might not be a bad idea since Neslihan could play as attacking OH in the case of Neriman's injury. Another question mark is 4th MB, if Beyza is not there, who will be the last MB next to Eda, Kübra and Bahar. Was Dicle called back? :huh:

I liked the U23 roster overall, it is the strongest one that we can indeed get. It is a good mixture of experienced and very young players: six players are 22 years old, one 21, one 20, two 19, one 18 and one 17-years old.

PS: I realized that Melis Yılmaz was not in 22- wide roster of ECh, the reason should be simply trainer choice.

• I like this u23 and seems Ebrar Karakurt rise is unstoppable atm. :super: Only thing Cagla is so so overrated tbh. I'd take Cansu Özbay over her any day. At least we stille have Ezgi who is the best setter in this age group imo by a mile.

• Both Hande and Tuğba should be in the ECH roster. Guidetti was watching the friendly game vs Çanakkale..
    Why are not they training with the senior team? I think he wants them to have more game experience before the ECH.

European Championship is a short, 6-7-game tournament, 3 MBs should be enough. Netherlands does not even have the 3rd :)

My wish for the final roster

Naz, Gamze
    Meryem, Neslihan
    Eda, Kübra, Bahar
    Neriman, Gözde, Hande, Tuğba, Güldeniz
    Örge, Merve

Guidetti might try a two-libero system..
    Hande should be the backup opposite..
    Neslihan should be in because, she's the only exceptional server on the team, and for her experience..
    She's better than Polen anyway.

• I like this u23 and seems Ebrar Karakurt rise is unstoppable atm. :super: Only thing Cagla is so so overrated tbh. I'd take Cansu Özbay over her any day. At least we stille have Ezgi who is the best setter in this age group imo by a mile.

Didn't you say that Ebrar will play in Japan next year? :huh:

I agree with you that we don't really need a 4th MB and maybe Gui will add both Tuğba and Hande to ECh roster right after U23 although there will be only 5-6 days in between two tournaments. :S

• I wouldnt be so sure about Ebrar. I think it is a good experience for her after all but she played with %10 in attacking in the friendly game against Canakkale today and she got blocked like 5-6 times. It is unfortunate that she will play in Vakifbank's B team which is in 2nd division, not even 1st :(

I think Guidetti will pick one OH from this U23 team for sure. I still think Tugba deserves the chance more than Hande but lets see how they perform in U23. From what I saw in the friendly against Canakkale, Cagla is playing much better under Ataman's coaching. He must have a good connection with setters :drink:

• I wouldnt be so sure about Ebrar. I think it is a good experience for her after all but she played with %10 in attacking in the friendly game against Canakkale today and she got blocked like 5-6 times. It is unfortunate that she will play in Vakifbank's B team which is in 2nd division, not even 1st :(

I think Guidetti will pick one OH from this U23 team for sure. I still think Tugba deserves the chance more than Hande but lets see how they perform in U23. From what I saw in the friendly against Canakkale, Cagla is playing much better under Ataman's coaching. He must have a good connection with setters :drink:

Vakıfbank should loan both Ebrar and Derya Cebecioğlu to Beşiktaş, it worked quite well with Zehra and Tuğba last season. Since Beşiktaş was already planning to reduce their budget, both Eczacıbaşı and Vakıfbank can loan their players from 2000 generation to Beşiktaş.