Turkish NT 2017

• Vakıfbank should loan both Ebrar and Derya Cebecioğlu to Beşiktaş, it worked quite well with Zehra and Tuğba last season. Since Beşiktaş was already planning to reduce their budget, both Eczacıbaşı and Vakıfbank can loan their players from 2000 generation to Beşiktaş.

Exactly! Or even to Nilufer or Canakkale or even Beylikduzu. It is silly to take a player to all the U tournaments of the summer and let her play 3rd division in ranking. Same problem with Saliha, she is a player of Karayollari and looks like they will not let her go although her talent will be wasted in 2nd division.

• serdar & Meatballs Ebrar Karakurt said on her instagram that she had been transferred to Japan. I don't know how official that info is though. I'd prefer her there then in this weaker VakifBank and the league.

Btw Ebrar is a really good prospect and I expect a lot of her, she must have been nervous playing first time against a big team like Çanakkale and in front of Guidetti. Keep in mind, she just turned 17.

Ps: anyone has stats of the Çanakkale vs Turkey U23 match?

• serdar & Meatballs Ebrar Karakurt said on her instagram that she had been transferred to Japan. I don't know how official that info is though. I'd prefer her there then in this weaker VakifBank and the league.

Btw Ebrar is a really good prospect and I expect a lot of her, she must have been nervous playing first time against a big team like Çanakkale and in front of Guidetti. Keep in mind, she just turned 17.

Ps: anyone has stats of the Çanakkale vs Turkey U23 match?

I didnt mean to trash Ebrar, I was just saying she is probably not ready for this level yet. She needs more time, training with such level players and then we will see what she delivers. So I dont expect much from her in this U23.

Here are the stats: https://hizliresim.com/DdLmo3

• I didnt mean to trash Ebrar, I was just saying she is probably not ready for this level yet. She needs more time, training with such level players and then we will see what she delivers. So I dont expect much from her in this U23.

Here are the stats: https://hizliresim.com/DdLmo3

Thanks :thumbsup: good match by most players especially all OH's. Btw I really hope Zehra Günes keeps improving and playing good like this to the point she can replace Kübra. Kübra is good and tall but I dont like her attitude, sometimes its like she doesnt really care too much. Im pretty sure she likes being so priviliged in length and loves taking advantage of that fact. I still think Kübra is really good, but she should realize Zehra is as tall and can become as good or better. :box:

• Thanks :thumbsup: good match by most players especially all OH's. Btw I really hope Zehra Günes keeps improving and playing good like this to the point she can replace Kübra. Kübra is good and tall but I dont like her attitude, sometimes its like she doesnt really care too much. Im pretty sure she likes being so priviliged in length and loves taking advantage of that fact. I still think Kübra is really good, but she should realize Zehra is as tall and can become as good or better. :box:

Zehra needs to work on her blocking a lot. Her block anticipation and speed are terrible. She can't even make it to the block on time when opponents receive 6 meters off the net. Good that she will work with Guidetti this season!

• What asli prove in Galatasaray this season? She was back up for ruseva in so much matches. Is very easy play with centonni - Jack - gamze - nihan - seda but is hard play with Rousseaux - van vecke and others besiktas players. For me , yasemin is better than asli. Zehra no playing bad in bayanlar league

• Wow! Asli was back up of Ruseva? I think Ruseva came in for Asli, just to increase block height like max 5 times during entire season :down: . I guess you didnt watch GS's matches, but please take a look at the stats.

Zehra is indeed very slow in blocking, you can check her videos and count how many times she cant make it to block, leaving opponent's on 1-1. She is young and sure can develop this. :aww:

• I honestly am not surprised, already ecpected it. Keep in mind guys, Neslihan is not in top form either altough her serves could be effective at key moments. Imo not that big of a deal. These next few years we have to hope one of the young Opps like Ebrar, Ceyda and even Nursevil can make a huge improvement. Till then Meryem and Polen should do and both were pretty good vs Germany so lets see. We still have lots of reliable OH's and MB's who can easily kill a ball as well.

• Guidetti is smart enough to keep Neslihan. I think it was her decision to drop out, since she couldn't accept being a backup player.
    Guidetti wants power and athletism in an Opp, Meryem is his new "Sloetjes".
    This clears up, why Hande played as opposite vs Germany...I wouldn't be surprised if we see Hande taking place of Polen as the tournament goes along...

I wouldnt expect much from Nursevil, and it is too early for Ebrar, she's too weak to begin with..
    Hande is our next opposite, but her club wants her to be a OH and play as OH for NT, because they signed world's best opposite for Life...

Here's Turkish Volleyball for you...Clubs petty interests clashing with the interests of National team..

• Guidetti is smart enough to keep Neslihan. I think it was her decision to drop out, since she couldn't accept being a backup player.
    This clears up, why Hande played as opposite vs Germany...I wouldn't be surprised if we see Hande taking place of Polen as the tournament goes along...

I wouldnt expect much from Nursevil, and it is too early for Ebrar, she's too weak to begin with..
    Hande is our next opposite, but her club wants her to be a OH and play as OH for NT, because they signed world's best opposite for Life...

Here's Turkish Volleyball for you...Clubs petty interests clashing with the interests of National team..

Guidetti is smart enough to keep Neslihan. I think it was her decision to drop out, since she couldn't accept being a backup player.

This is really one-sided perspective. Since the clubs are the ones who finds this players invest on them, pay their salaries, take care of them when they are injured etc. Of course their interests will clash to NT. And you are talking as if we have many offensive OH. We simply don't have any offensive OH as backup for Neriman (Tuğba is not as explosive as neither Neriman nor Hande).

To me, Meryem has nothing special but Guidetti is known with his magic touch to mediocre players, fingers crossed :roll:

• Hande is not the only example...
    Remember the Nursevil incident?.. A backup setter for Gamze, and probably wouldnt be a top-3 setter in 2nd division was the starter for senior NT last summer..
    Interestingly, this year shes playing as opposite in u23, maybe next year she'll play as libero in NT, who knows?
    Ezgi Dilik, who's 1.70, and no Lo Bianco or Tomkom and never will be...What's she doing with the NT? I wouldnt let her come 5km close to the camp..
    Why Cansu Özbay, whos the most talented setter of the young generation, does not get enough attention?
    Why is Aslı kalaç who's 22 in u23 team? Janset Erkul, 20 years old, who had a good season, taller and more athletic than Aslı is left outside?
    Why is Ceyda Aktaş, not even called to training camp?
    List goes on...

There's too much politics and behind-closed-doors activity in Turkish volleyball..
    Thats why, we dont win anything despite not being far from top teams in terms of quality..

Back to Hande..
    Hande can be a world class opposite, or at least come really close..
    For me, It's obvious she wont be as good playing as OH..and at the moment she's a liability in that position with her unstable reception, and poor defense..And she attacks better from position 2..
    So, insisting to make Hande an OH is not a good decision in terms of volleyball..

I didnt call Meryem special, she's just better than Polen..
    Hande, right now is better than both..

• All your criticism is based on very subjective and controversial judgments. Ceyda did nothing to deserve to be called to NT. She was one of the worse Opp/OH of league with 36% attacking 17% reception statistics. Calling Nursevil as starter while you have Gamze was of course quiet shocking but I don't think she did such bad job and I believe she can easily play as starter one of the mid-level teams. Converting her as Opp is all about not having another option. Both Ceyda and Ceren are too old for U23 (besides having horrible seasons). The younger "talents" Tutku Burcu showed very disappointing performance during U21. There is simply no other option than Ebrar and Nursevil. Have you seen any match of GS while she played as opp? She wasnt great but I think she did a decent job.

Janset is 184 (http://u20.women.2015.volleyba…mre-janset-erkul?id=48661) while Aslı is 183. Not a big difference by height (Brazilian Carol is also same height with Aslı but doing a great job) and Janset had a poor season in quite a bad team whereas Aslı did a good job in GS whenever she played and she already quite a lot of experience in NT despite of her young age, I don't see any point to invest Janset more than Aslı.

Ezgi is not my favorite setter neither but apparently there are people who thinks she is a good setter (I think Beri is big fan of her :rolleyes: ) I would consider Cansu as better option than her but I don't think the choice was anything related to politics. If it was, Guidetti would make Cansu be chosen instead of Ezgi since Cansu is his own player from his club and it would be better to give her more international experience.

I agree that Hande has still a lot to improve with her reception but I believe playing one full season as starter OH under guidance of Motta will improve her.

• I am a big fan of Naz and Gamze only from our setters atm, however I'm just saying in a lot of matches she was better then Tomkom! She actually made more time in FB last season then Nootsara :white: Also with stats she was the best setter untiln the very end of the season when I think Naz catched her. This is all pretty impressive for a setter her age. Meanwhile Çagla was shaky in Beşiktaş and horrible in WGP. I like Cansu too but she is not picked so... Also keep in mind they are training together and we are just gossiping online. Maybe Cansu was simply not good enough in these trainings... :teach:

• I agree on Serdar.

I know most people criticise Nursevil's setting but she did a very good job in WGP last summer, actually the NT played much better than this summer with her. I know she doesnt have typical setter features like soft hands, fast feet to go under the ball. I don't think she is converted to opposite forever. This summer it was clear that Turkey needs a solid opposite and none of the names we have so far deliver that performance. Especially among youngsters, we had no choice but Nursevil. If you look at the stats of Ebrar from the friendly match, you will notice that she needs a lot of time to get used to this level.

I don't think Ezgi is a bad setter. She is indeed one of the smartest setters we have in Turkey where she makes the biggest difference. I'm so tired of reading about Cansu Özbay being one of the best setters and should even be called to NT instead of Gamze. Who did really watch Cansu Özbay in more than 5 matches last season? I hope she will be an excellent setter in the future but believe me, if she was that promising, Guidetti would release Naz who is getting such a fat contract from Vakifbank every season.

I agree that Hande should have played opposite this summer. She is very explosive from the right side and has much better timing and higher contact point of ball from zone 2. From zone 4, her attacking is a big question mark to me. However I agree that working with Motta this season and playing OH full season will surely help her to solve these problems. To me, that's a long term solution though.

• ıf Cansu Özbay is not special, why would Vakıfbank bother to transfer her, when Naz was only 26 and they have another good setter Çağla who was 21..
    By the way, some say Jamie Morrison was behind Cansu transfer, which says a lot if it is true since Americans know a thing or two about volleyball, especially setters..
    If you have questions about Cansu, just watch Club WCH in Japan, Vakıfbank came from behind to lead the set 3-4 times with Cansu on court..

There's no question about Ezgi Dilik, She's too short and not talented enough. Period.

About Ceyda Aktaş, she's not powerful but tall enough (1.90) and young enough...I may understand she's not Guidetti's type of Opposite, but she should at least be called to the tarining camp in the beginning of the summer, where Gözde Yılmaz was called. Did you know Ceyda was the best opposite of 2013 U20 WCH...She must have some talent right?

About Janset Erkul, tvf lists her 1.86, It seems She gained an inch since 2015, I don't think Nilufer is a bad team, In Turkey, foreign players make the real difference, If Nilufer and GS swapped foreigners, Nilufer would come on top...Nilufer became pretty good with the addition of Bytsenko in mid season. they outplayed Seramiksan in play-out. Janset was the best blocker and Ceyda was the best opposite of play-out ahead of Meryem.
    janset should be considered for u23 ahead of Aslı, this unimportant tounament is a chance for younger players to grow, Aslı played for Senior team and is too good for this level.

About politics and general mismanagement, several examples..

Ezgi Dağdelenler, She was part of the 2015 Nt roster and U23 team that won silver in WCH. She was not worse than Meliha, Melis etc. Actually she seemed the better all-around player..
    After 2015, Pooff...She's forgotten. ıf she had been given enough chance maybe we had a reliable OH now.

Özgenur Yurtdagülen, Ceylan Arısan...It seems crazy now these players were part of the 2014 WCH roster. Özgenur's inclusion in this years GP roster is a scandal.

Saliha Şahin...The rumour is every big club wanted to get her but couldnt because her club demanded a big transfer fee. I can not buy that,Top clubs are spending millions of euros for bench players, remember Sheila? Here again we see a player who's outside of mainstream community not getting the attention she deserved. Saliha is still the best receiver among u20 OHs.

• Just to fix the wrong examples:

Ezgi Dagdelenler herself decided to continue her career in division 2 with her team. Not sure if she was scared to leave her team but that is the main reason she was never invited to the NT again, besides she was bad in her club team this season. Same story with Damla Cakiroglu who played in division 2 last season and not in the NT...

Nursevil is as tall as Ceyda Aktas, height means nothing in my opinion unless you are over 185. Centoni, Sheilla, Tandara etc are not the tallest opposites either but they do one thing good. As an opposite, you should either be very technical like the examples I gave, or you should be able to use your height and hit hard over block like Goncharova etc.

I don't care about what Cansu did by coming to matches to save 2-3 matches during an entire season. Gamze played a whole season with her team, Ezgi Dilik played majority of matches, Cagla had the responsibility of an entire team. Cansu is only a back up to Turkey's best setter. I prefer to judge her qualities once we see her playing regularly in a team.

I agree on you Tamer06 about Saliha, she should immediately be transferred to a team where she can play in VVSL. Her own team won't loan her since they need her to remain in Division 1 or win it, I hope she wont get lost in Division 1.

• So stupid to not include Melis Yilmaz in the U23 roster... Ayça Aykaç is not good enough and I haven't seen Bihter much so. Melis Yilmaz is miles better then both regardless :thumbdown: I actually just realised she isn't picked, after I felt like someone was missing. :hit:

Beyza and Asli duo is not always working vs strong teams which is why Zehra should be tried, her length alone can be intimidating. Ebrar is doing a good job but Ataman is doing everything to make Nursevil shine more which doesnt work. And what a disaster is Ataman being so far and Im saying this as someone who usually likes him. So many random subs throughout the match and the sets. He can't get a working starting line-up while the answers are really simple. I'm going to attack him on social media if he starts one more set with Nursevil damn. :rolll: