Turkish NT 2017

• Hande Baladın's situation is uncertain...i mean she as OH not a good passer but can she be better by playing ?maybe... can she play OPP ? yes she is almost 190 cm tall..enough for an OPP but if Karakurt keeps improving..then no need her (Hande) to play as OPP ..developing two good OPPs for the future ? can be

Tuğba Şenoğlu is ready to play after Gözde Kırdar retires.Saliha Şahin looked good to me as OH

Guidetti should decide Hande's case and with that She should find a club to play in a decided position and she should keep playing in that position anymore..i hope she isnt wasted

also those new middles blocker should be well dealed ..i like Yasemin Güveli..Zehra too

• I think Hande's situation is far too ambigious. After she had a great performance in last ECH as opposite, she said that she will continue her career as OH and Eczacibasi also wanted that. Today we see that it was a wrong decision.

This summer I think they wanted to shift her to opposite for the NT but some people claimed Nalan Ural was against the idea. To me, it would be a great contribution by Eczacibasi if they used Hande as their main opposite for the last 2 season and transferred a world class attacking OH to cover Boskovic's role as dominant attacker. In this way, Turkey could have 2 potential opposites, Hande and Gözde Yilmaz who played in a good team for 2 years.

What makes the situation ambigious is Hande does not seem to care, it is obvious she has weight problem and she has "0" development since her great performance 2-3 years ago. Lets be fair, her receiving improved a lot but that's all. :wavy:

• I really liked Meliha Ismailoglu's performance this grand prix. She was used as receiving opp during the 2014 WGP, i think for added defense cause she barely scores then. She has stable defense, but her attacks improved. Even better than Yildirim which is sad cause she was expected to lead. Its just sad that Meliha will be benched in Eczacibasi just like polen. They already have hande, larson, and guldeniz.

• Neriman is about to hit 30 years old. If Hande cannot complete her transition as an outside hitter then Turkey will be in a lot of trouble. Opposite Hitters? I feel within a year Guidetti will have a solution to that. But the outside hitter is a big if... You can't expect Neriman to be at her full condition... Even Neriman is not as good as an attacker compared to other European Outside hitters. It is a reason for an upgrade. You should also consider injuries that could happen during club volleyball season. If Neriman gets injured or everyone are in bad form then who is going to lead as OH? :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Neriman is about to hit 30 years old. If Hande cannot complete her transition as an outside hitter then Turkey will be in a lot of trouble. Opposite Hitters? I feel within a year Guidetti will have a solution to that. But the outside hitter is a big if... You can't expect Neriman to be at her full condition... Even Neriman is not as good as an attacker compared to other European Outside hitters. You should also consider injuries that could happen during club volleyball season.

Opposite I agree, Ebrar will take care of that. She is just turned 17 too. I don't like her but Ceyda Aktas is young too so who knows.

Hande is not our only solution. Tugba Senoglu too. Also Saliha Sahin, Fatma Yildirim, Meliha Ismailoglu etc. It is just that so many people are fixated on Hande as she was expected to become a star. Imho everyone I mentioned here is better then her and some are still developing and Actually getting better unlike Hande. If she doesn't play good, ok then there are other options. Neriman is pretty good imo and she can go next olympic cycle too, she will be 31-32 that is not that old. And even if she can't there are enough options from young prospects to already experiences ones.

• 31-32 years is too old. They are already on the decline. I'm not sure how many volleyball matches you are watching with 30+ aged females still starting in their national teams but the list is probably quite few.

Most outside hitters I know who are playing beyond their 30s are good defenders or all around players and Neriman isn't even that.

Turkey should be thinking about their new generation already before it is too late. It is not a matter of hype but Turkey needs all the pressure to develop the young talents in order to compete for Tokyo. Turkey is not even in South America or North America to act too complacent about their chances to qualify for the olympics. Europe is a different kind of animalandia where even the strongest can not even survive.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Fatma was really good in NT like a second libero. She was only bad this season after her injury with Bursa. She was out of form. Let me make clear, this is my young players Rio Tokyo options list:

OH: Tugba Senoglu (19 ), Saliha Sahin (18 ), Meliha (24),
    L: Gizem Örge (24 ), Melis Yilmaz (20 ), Buse Kayacan? (25 )
    MB: Kubra (22 ), Zehra Günes (18 ) Yasemin Güveli (18 ) Beyza (22 )
    S: Gamze Alikaya (23 ), Ezgi Dilik (22 )
    Opp: Ebrar Karakurt (17 ), Ceyda Aktas (22 )

Seems young enough for you guys. These are very talented players who also happen to be young. Adding a few Veterans to this group like maybe Eda Erdem, Neriman, Güldeniz, Fatma (not neccesarily all of them) should do the trick. There is still enough time for next olympic cycle and there are enough talents. Lets see how we can use them.

• Do yoy seriously believe Fatma and Meliha are NT materials? Oh c'mon, I'm sure Guidetti don't call them again NT.Of course if Meliha cut Hande or Larson, she should be called.We have really promising OH's.U20-Tuğba Şenoğlu, Saliha Şahin.These two names already better than Meliha, Fatma, Şeyma.Also we have U18-Derya Cebecioğlu, Yaprak Erkek, İlkin Aydın.Derya will be great OH, she has really good technique, she was our best player after Ebrar.I belive as from 2019 we will use Derya and Yaprak at A team.Also i believe Hande will show her talent this year, i trust her.If we can go Tokyo, we will be like Italy, very young but talented players :super:

• Im actually more hopeful of Derya Cebecioglu and she can take Neriman's spot depending on her performance in the next 2 seasons, I think she is Vakifbank's player too and has a very mature hitting technique. Saliha has a very good hitting technique too and is a solid receiver, so she can be our next defensive OH. Tugba will already play in Vakifbank this season, I guess Guidetti will give her quite a lot of time on court looking at Gözde's recent performance and foreigner limit.

I am actually not all that hopeful about opposite position. Ebrar did well this summer but she will be in division 2 during next season. We still don't have any other options than Polen & Meryem unless Ebrar does an outstanding job in division 2 and gets Guidetti's attention. Ceren K and Ceyda A are hopeless cases in my opinion, the best they can reach in their career is what Meryem does now.

I am also more hopeful of Meliha, I think she will have a great season with Motta as trainer and Maja as setter. She is a very athletic player, has good serves, what she lacks is concentration and I bet Motta will improve her mentally. :box:

You should also remember that we are not obliged to play with an offensive OH, we can do like GS did but in a more balanced way, simply by having 2 balanced OHs instead of Neriman-Guldeniz or Neriman-Gözde duo.

• Yeah but with today's 'type' of players I can't remember many all round OH in one team.. Larson-Logan was a great duo in 2011-2012

• Congratulations to Guidetti with first medal he got with our NT, I'm sure it won't be last :super:

I think we reached to the best we could get (maybe we could get silver if we would have matched up against NED at semis but we will never know that).

The biggest problem of the team was that almost all players showed inconsistent performances (Neriman once played amazing then get lost in others, same for Gözde and Naz). Our only consistent players were Eda and Kubra, which is odd because for many years our MB position were the weakest. I think Eda&Kübra duo is the best MB duo we have since Özlem Özçelik&Aysun Özbek. I really hope that Eda will keep this shape and play in 2020. 33 is not an old age at all!

Gözde said it was her last match with NT. I think she could still be useful during WCh. She was not in shape at the beginning of tournament but she showed her real performance in last two matches.

Let's hope Neriman won't retire as well. Considering Hande's desperate performance, we don't have any offensive OH alternative to her :S

Libero position was problematicç Gizem Örge is a good receiver but her defense is terrible, she could only be useful with a 2-libero system. I hope Guidetti implement that for WCh at least.

• Neriman has already announced her retirement at her interview with Trtspor today :(

Oh did she? :wall: She is just 29, it is too early to retire, she has a fair chance to go to Olympics again :aww:

• I don't get all the fuzz about Neriman. She has been such an inconsistent player in her entire career. I think it is somehow related to her psychology. I was so glad when she left GS because even when she plays an amazing match, she always hits straight in the block or out when it is a critical point, like set point. I am thankful for all the time she spent with the NT but I dont think it will be so hard to fill her gap. In the worst case we can always switch one of the opposites to OH like we did with Neriman, Seda etc. Ebrar is pretty young and can learn to receive for example. Another option is to use more balanced OHs, Tugba Senoglu is on the way to become one. I think it is a bigger loss that Gözde leaves because she added so much fire in this team and was one of the few all around OHs in the world. My prospects for future OH are: Tugba Senoglu, Saliha Sahin, Derya Cebecioglu, Hande Baladin, Ebrar Karakurt (if converted).

It is worth to mention that promising players like Hande and Meliha will have a year with a great coach like Motta, Tugba will spend a year with Guidetti etc. I am sure we will see very different players next year. :super:

It actually can be fun if Seda is invited back for next year WCH and plays with Guldeniz as OH :lol:

• Turkey will play WCH 18 without Gözde and Neriman
    this means there will be lots of difficulties to come...especially passing and attacking.
    Neriman was a sharp offensive OH..now who can replace that position in her absence? Meliha-Hande ?maybe Tuğba(if she can overcome that job) ?

what kind of roster do you think Turkey will come up with ?

lets see who the options are :
    setters : Naz,Gamze,Ezgi D.
    OHs : Güldeniz,Fatma,Meliha,Hande,Tuğba
    OPPs : Meryem,Polen
    MBs : Eda,Kübra,Dicle,Bahar,Beyza
    Ls: Gizem,Simge,Derya etc

if Naz takes a break..i would go there with Gamze-Ezgi duo though this wouldnt be good for blocking

• I think I agree with your list completely for now (1st half). Maybe some players can improve in 2nd half and some other names can be added.

I don't think Hande is good enough for NT atm sadly so my OH starters would be I think Meliha-Fatma based on performances so far with libero Simge or Derya defense and reception should not be messy. I watched one match of Meryem this season and it was vs GS and seems she continues her performance in the end of Ech. Polen did not do bad either but if Ebrar Karakurt brings her team to VVSL, and they are doing good atm! Then I would replace Polen with Ebrar for the sake of Tokyo 2020. I like your MB picks as well, I would have picked Zehra as last alternative instead of Bahar but I see why you picked Bahar as Gio will probably do this anyway.
    Overall we have the same views on NT. The young team he picked had some drastically bad resulst but then there were moments they weren't too bad either so I think it will be that + some veterans maybe and some new names