Turkish NT 2017

• if guidetti call only players in 6 players, hande out? polen out ( back up for grotues hahaha)? ozgenur?
    if guidetti follow this raciocinio the players back up will make one decision: or play in small team and can call for national team or stay in back up and no play for national team. i hope next season more players left back up

• i didnt know her career was over
    well
    this is a forum and people can exchange information with one another therefore everybody doesnt have to know about every info on players/teams etc..if you are bothered just ignore it and dont apply ok?
    i dont like following every website all the time to get informed about volleyball. i just like watching matches..thats how i mainly use my time about volleyball.of course i dont have any rights to want people to research information for me..i just ask if they already know or not!

That info about Assuman was posted here a long time ago.. Of course he could've missed it, or even forgot.. It's not like he asked the same question 5 times.. If you fell bothered you don't have to reply

• Hande has been playing constantly in Eczasibasi.

• But what is the main reason why they choose to be bench for big clubs instead of being starters for small clubs? Money???

Much higher level of training due to better coaches and better teammates. Remember that players spend about 2 hours per week in a match and far over 20 hours per week in training sessions. Of course match experience is important but IMO level of training is much more important. The young players in the big clubs play with and against some of the best players of the world in training every day, while the young players in the small clubs meet them just a few times per season.

• Much higher level of training due to better coaches and better teammates. Remember that players spend about 2 hours per week in a match and far over 20 hours per week in training sessions. Of course match experience is important but IMO level of training is much more important. The young players in the big clubs play with and against some of the best players of the world in training every day, while the young players in the small clubs meet them just a few times per season.

im not a professional volleyball player but i would prefer the latter : playing for a small/mid-level/weka team
    imo,playing is more important than training..f.e. Ceylan Arısan the middle from Eczacıbaşı..i cant see such a big improvement in her who has been in the club for many years..she has to regularly play for a team any more..shortly,both should be in a player's life but after a degree player should leave training for playing

• Much higher level of training due to better coaches and better teammates. Remember that players spend about 2 hours per week in a match and far over 20 hours per week in training sessions. Of course match experience is important but IMO level of training is much more important. The young players in the big clubs play with and against some of the best players of the world in training every day, while the young players in the small clubs meet them just a few times per season.

I disagree with part of it. One example is the NCAA, all the players get the best training facilities you can imagine, even Doug Biel the head of US NT, said that any college facilities are way better than the best volleyball clubs out there. Even tough they get all that, high end facility, coaches and everything else, they don`t get to practice with any world class players, because 95%( or more) of the players in the NCAA won`t become pro. Even tough there`s hundreds of teams and thousands of players, you can imagine not all are even close to be good.

They are not playing vs strong teams all the time, but they are playing and playing and playing, and when you are young and developing, does not matter who you are playing against, what matter is that you are playing.

Don`t u think if in Germany for example, had something like NCAA, with thousands of girls playing against each other all the time, Germany would have by now a lot of young good players.

Another example. Boskovic, when she was in Servia, she was not training with any world class players or had some of the best facilities, she was just playing with girls around her own age, but I can assume she was playing for her club and not sitting on the bench.

hahahahaha? training better than play? if training is better, ceylan, seyma, polen, gozde yilmaz, ozgenur are the best players in the world.

• I have the best answer for u.... Nothing more or less than the best player in the world right now....Zhu Ting.

She was playing for Henan, and Henan was and is the weakest team in China....

:lol: :flower: :box: :teach: :rose:

(another example) Egonu, playing for Club Italia.

• you gave a star player example and i will give the opposite to support the argument :İpek Soroğlu the middle of Bursa..those who know know that she was such a weak middle and after being a starter in her team for a few years..good or bad she has improved :lol:

• Zhu and Egonu are bad examples because they are exceptional talents and would be starters in any club of their country. I was talking about players who are not (yet) ready to be starter in a top team.

Let me give you some examples: Cagla Akin was the backup setter for Naz in Vakifbank and used to do a good job whenever she came on court, just like Cansu Özbay now. Now Cagla is starting setter in a weak team, and judging from the posts of Turkish users, her performance there is quite disappointing.
    Goncharova went to Dinamo Moscow at a very young age and in her first 2 years there she barely played because she had Gamova in front of her. Same for Kosheleva who started her pro career on the bench of Zarechie, having two NT OHs in front of her at that time. With good training, the players achieved the level to become starter for their teams after a while. In a club where they would have had a guaranteed spot as starter, they might have worked less hard because it wouldn't have been necessary.

• I think Kosheleva and Goncharova are just what you said about Zhu and Egonu, they are exceptional talents also, I think they would be where they are now even if they went to a weak team in Russia when they started it all.

But I get your point. And that also makes me think, maybe these teams in Turkey are not giving the young players the proper training and everything else that they need to develop, maybe they spend more of their time with the International players in the gym, working on their pace. And the younger ones are left behind.

Because this training importance you are saying makes sense, but just like what someone just said why all these young, tall and talented Turkish players are not getting anywhere???when they get on the court they are just lost... ( I still think the limited amount time on the court is the reason ?( )

• I watched Goncharova live in 2006 with Ukraine Junior NT and she was far from being an exceptional talent, she was just very tall and clumsy. At that time Olga Savenchuk looked much more talented....but I'm getting off topic.

The other question is, what has become of all those young Turkish talents of the last generations that are not on the bench of top teams?? Turkey always has good results on youth and junior level, but where are all those girls? The only one who seems on the way to become a star player is Hande...