Turkish NT 2017

• Turkey has so many talented players why do you guys always brings the old ones ??

Guidetti needs to start something new, fresh and with Turkey that is easy. They have so much good players but they just need time to play on highe level.

I would say goodbye to Neriman, Polen, Neslihan, Eda etc. It is much eazier to work wtih younger players... If someone can make something new and fresh that is Guidetti.

• Turkey has so many talented players why do you guys always brings the old ones ??

Guidetti needs to start something new, fresh and with Turkey that is easy. They have so much good players but they just need time to play on highe level.

I would say goodbye to Neriman, Polen, Neslihan, Eda etc. It is much eazier to work wtih younger players... If someone can make something new and fresh that is Guidetti.

saying goodbye all of these players seems too much..some of them still can be called
    creating a team from zero should be a very hard job

Meatballs : Meryem Boz is an athletic player unlike Polen

• i made one interview with giovanni guidetti for my twitter @voleiturquia. i made with ataman, aslihan kiliç and joyce also.

1- your objectives for National team this year?
    gio: qualify for WC, one medal at EC and give chances to young players to show them self in Grand Prix and grow !

2- i Think the big problem of turkey is players in back up of big teams. What you Think?
    GIOVANNI: I will not call players that never play so this is not my problem , maybe problem of the players that prefer stay in the bench of big team instead of playing in other team

3- tugba and zehra are players of vakifbank but they are in besiktas playing in 6 players in A1 league. You Think its is good for tugba and zehra ? And its is example for others players?

GIOVANNI: for sure is good for them ! Playing is always better than not playing , if connected with good training of course

4- turkey is so strong in U18, U20 and U23 but in senior team no. For you, where is the problem?

GIOVANNI: the problem , probably , is the choice ! In the past the focus was on winning juniors competitions instead of create new players , I will try to change this mentality

5- this year are world champoonship u18, U20 and U23. You Will work with this team?

giovanni: the one that is the coach of u23 will be my assistant coach and I willl try to have many players from u23 in my trainings ! I will not work too much
    with u18 and u20

6- strong talents in small teams like beyza arici ( for me, one best turkish MB this season), meryem, fatma, tugba, burcu Will have opportunity in National team also? You can talk name of others good talents ?

giovanni: every player that is playing good in their club will have a chance in national team for sure ! Doesn't matter if they are playing in team number 12 or in team number 1 ! Who is playing good will always have a chance !

sorry but my english is very bad. follow me on twitter @voleiturquia

• Nice work dagdelenler! Good to read some updates.

Does anyone know how Pelin Aroguz is doing? Did she move back from US? How was her US adventure? I can only see a text about her 2015 performance as a freshman.

Same with Nazli Alkan. What happened to her? I believe she would be more reliable than most 1st division teams' local opposites such as Ceren Kestirengöz.

I lost my hope from Mislina Kilic of GS. Feels like she won't be able to that top level expected from her. I'm glad for Damla Cakiroglu though, watched one of her matches from 2nd division and she was leading her team. I'm sure she will be back to top league next season.

• If I remember right, Nazli Alkan is playing in second division team Samsun Anakent. I dont think she is a starter there

• Turkish NT for Islamic Solidarity Games

Setters: Nursevil Aydınlar, Arelya Karasoy, Gizem Mısra Aşçı
    Opps: Mislina Kılıç
    MBs: Melike Yılmaz, Hande Naz Şimşek, Su Zent, Janset Cemre Erkul
    OHs: Meliha İsmailoğlu, Ada Germen, Humay Topaloğlu, Rida Erlalitepe, Buse Melis Kaya
    Libero: Bihter Dumanoğlu

This seems to be U23 team except Meliha. However, I don't agree with the hoices. Most of these players did not play in their club (only bold ones were starter this season). But maybe these players are there just to test and add to main U23 roster. The U23 players who had played in the VSL this season are as following:

Setters: Ezgi Dilik, Cağla Akın, Kübra Kegan, Cansu Özbay, Sıla Çalışkan
    Opps: Seda Menekşe
    MBs: Aslı Kalaç, Beyza Arıcı, Fatma Beyaz
    OHs: Hande Baladin
    Libero: Aylin Sarıoğlu, Ayça Aykaç, Melis Yılmaz

I believe the 6 players in bold will be in the final U23 roster and other 6 players among the players announced now will be added. I did not count the players from 98-99 generation who played as starter in VSL this season (Aslıhan Kılıç - Çağla Erdem - Zehra Güneş - Yasemin Güveli - Tuğba Şenoğlu - Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç - Sinem Bayazıt) since they will be playing in U20 WCh.

• The regular season has almost ended and we can start speculating about the NT now I think. This is my big list of options.

MB; Enough options here
    Eda: No need to say anything
    Kubra: Will be there surely
    Beyza Arici: Needs to be there with her passion and performance this season. Best local MB of the regular season!
    Asli: Very overrated Imho, she's nothing spectacular and also short.
    Dicle Nur: Good blokcer, not spectacular but has certainly improved and can be picked.

Opp; aka still biggest problem in Tur NT
    Seda: I mean not amazing but can play as both OH and Opp
    Meryem: Good start of season, very bad since her injury vs. BJK but still an option if she is healthy
    Hande: I think Hande probably needs to play as Opp with the options we have and I want her to as we need an Opp

OH; Hande and Seda again here an option too ofc
    Fatma: I know how important she is in reception ever since she got Injured in Bursa and they lost a set 25-9 vs GS
    Neriman: Such a horrible season in Modena, she's not in form at all but very possible call of course still
    Birgul: Her stats are nice but I don't know that much about her, she seems good enough to get a chance
    Guldeniz: Good in reception but a bit overrated imo
    Tugba: Guidetti really should reconsider if he wants to 18 y/o players in NT bcs this generation they are amazing!
    Tutku: Also good season, not amazing but she's still super young

Setter;
    Gamze: even if Naz played well imo best setter of Turkey
    Naz: obviously super good
    Ezgi: Amazing season and very good too
    Cansu: Also super good and never forget 20-10 to 2-3

Libero;
    Hatice Gizem: The best still and she showed it in CL finale again
    Merve Dalbeler: Is good and has experience
    Melis Yilmaz: Not bad either but honestly sometimes Nootsara outshines her in digging xD
    Derya Cayirgan: Had an amazing season with Halkbank, won't be too surprised if Guidetti tries her

Possible line up (just an example, Gamze can be switched with Naz, Beyza with Kubra, Fatma with Birgul Neri with Seda and many more etc.)

Eda(MB)
    Hande (Opp) Neriman(OH)
    Fatma (OH) Gamze(OH)
    Beyza(MB)

Gizem(L)

Could use strong MB's a lot in both attack and block and attacking duo Hande and Neriman should be fine, Fatma and Birgul can do defense with Gizem and Gamze and Naz are perfect setters. Of course we can try many more different things with hande back as OH and another player as Meryem or Seda can play Opp as Neri didn't have the best season. Still this line up looks fine to me with Nerimans experience. But imo something similar to thise wide-ish roster of mine should be tried by guidetti and then with some matches and trainings we and Guidetti can see what the best line-up really is.

• U20 NT for World Championship qualifications:

Setters: Aslıhan Kılıç, Selmin Karahan, Buket Gülübay

Opps: Çağla Erdem, Yasemin Özel

MBs: Zehra Güneş, Yasemin Güveli, Ayçin Akyol, Duygu Nur Doğan,

OHs: Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç, Tuğba Şenoğlu, Ezgi Akyaldız, Saliha Şahin, İdil Naz Kanbur, Ceren Nur Domaç

Liberos: Sinem Bayazıt, Melisa Memiş

Missing players from the roster of U18 WCh: Eczacıbaşı's backup setter Gizem Misra Asci and defensive OH Buse Melis Kara who had a terrible season in Nilufer Belediyesi. Also Çağla Erdem has switched her position from MB to Opp

Players who played as starter in Venus Sultanlar ligi
    Players who played as backup player in Venus Sultanlar ligi
    Players who played as starter in Turkish 1st League

• I don't think Neriman has been horrible at all. She is very inconsistent, yes, and the reception is always an issue, but she's also had some excellent performances. IMO her place on NT should not be an issue at all.

Unless you are working with a roster so limited as Netherlands then that is an issue.

Turkey has a deep pool no doubt about that and competition is how it gets you to an NT call. That's how it should be for Turkey. No more slacking for Neriman and the other lazy players not improving their game now that Guidetti is here.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Unless you are working with a roster so limited as Netherlands then that is an issue.

Turkey has a deep pool no doubt about that and competition is how it gets you to an NT call. That's how it should be for Turkey. No more slacking for Neriman and the other lazy players not improving their game now that Guidetti is here.

I think Neriman still deserves a slot in NT. She is one of the most explosive spiker in Europe and she is improving at reception (making better progress than other offensive OHs Kosheleva or Zhu) Also she has been starter OH of Modena and she is one of the main reasons why Modena is playing in the final series now. On the other hand, I feel like Guidetti will cut a lot of players such as Neriman and use younger players to make "his own" team for 2020. :whistle:

• Looks like Guidetti invited some of the old names, despite he said that he would like to have a younger team. I understand it though, we dont have any solid youngsters yet to win ECH etc in the close run. I can only come up with Fatma Yildirim who is already around 26-27 years old and Gamze.

Some old names he very likely invited to the camp are Neslihan, Seda, Guldeniz, Neriman, Bahar and Eda.

• Looks like Guidetti invited some of the old names, despite he said that he would like to have a younger team. I understand it though, we dont have any solid youngsters yet to win ECH etc in the close run. I can only come up with Fatma Yildirim who is already around 26-27 years old and Gamze.

Some old names he very likely invited to the camp are Neslihan, Seda, Guldeniz, Neriman, Bahar and Eda.

I started to think that you are voleyboldefteri? If you are not why are you writing his news without saying the source of it?
    Most of what you write is exactly the same words of what He wrote on twitter.

• I started to think that you are voleyboldefteri? If you are not why are you writing his news without saying the source of it?
    Most of what you write is exactly the same words of what He wrote on twitter.

Because what he tells is often coming true since he has a good network of volleyball players in Turkey and Eczacibasi. Besides, not everyone here can speak/read Turkish so I believe it is good to share them anyway. If you have a problem with it, you can block me and most likely not see my posts.