Turkish NT 2017

• well apparently even if players can be good at 40 neslihan was already out of the top 5 best opposites 3-4 years ago.

Sure, but she is still the best Turkish opposite unfortunately and until we develop an alternative, she should be invited to the NT. Besides, she has been injured and playing like that for the last 2 years, I think she is coming back to her old performance slowly, especially judging by the last couple of matches she played with Eczacibasi this season.

• Turkish B NT got silver after being beaten by Azerbaijan 3-1 at final of Islamic Solidarity Games. Interesting part is that, tall setter of GS, Nursevil Aydınlar played as opposite and scored 18 points at the final :white: Since we don't have any good Opp for U23 NT, probably she is switching her position for this summer. We have a lot of good setters for U23 anyway (Ezgi Dilik, Cağla Akın, Arelya Karasoy, Cansu Özbay, Sıla Çalışkan) while the only opposite is Mislina Kılıç who played in second division this season.

• Turkish B NT got silver after being beaten by Azerbaijan 3-1 at final of Islamic Solidarity Games. Interesting part is that, tall setter of GS, Nursevil Aydınlar played as opposite and scored 18 points at the final :white: Since we don't have any good Opp for U23 NT, probably she is switching her position for this summer. We have a lot of good setters for U23 anyway (Ezgi Dilik, Cağla Akın, Arelya Karasoy, Cansu Özbay, Sıla Çalışkan) while the only opposite is Mislina Kılıç who played in second division this season.

She also played as OPP one match last season, and had great numbers..maybe they should try her together with Sillie or Cleger in a club.. That might actually work

• She also played as OPP one match last season, and had great numbers..maybe they should try her together with Sillie or Cleger in a club.. That might actually work

It was against Eczacibasi when Centoni got injured. I think she does good as OPP, not sure how she would perform if she kept playing as opposite but she sure has smart attacks and uses her technique well. Could be fun to watch her playing 6-2 system as mentioned.

Unfortunately I didn't like Arelya's performance in the final. In general, I don't really see anything special in her performance, her technique is not great, besides her choices are really questionable and boring. But I agree, Cansu Özbay and Cagla are better alternatives than Nursevil as setter so she should spend the summer as opposite if Ataman and GS accept it.

About Mislina, she played as OH in 2nd division and now in Baku she also played as OH. Her receiving was pretty good for being an old opposite but she really needs to step up her attacking if she wants to remain as a division 1 player. I hope GS will loan her to a team where she can work on her attacking this season. I'm more hopeful of Ada Germen than her.

• Nursevil has really really bad technique as setter so i don't think it will be a waste to try her as OPP. She cannot set with fingers and her defence is very terible either.

Maybe she should go to Ferhat's Romanian team as he was the one who sees a lot in her

• She also played as OPP one match last season, and had great numbers..maybe they should try her together with Sillie or Cleger in a club.. That might actually work

Probably Santos will play in Ilbank next season, could be interesting to watch her and Nursevil in 6-2 system :thumbup:

• Probably Santos will play in Ilbank next season, could be interesting to watch her and Nursevil in 6-2 system :thumbup:

I depends on other players also. I remember Carillo receiving and 6-2 system makes receiving very hard and complicated. I sounds interesting but i don't think it will work if you are not used to it. Cuba was able to do it because they played that system for a long while.

• Turkey youth NT reached silver medal in Youth WCh with 6-2 while Naz Aydemir and Asuman Karakoyun were the setter/opps :whistle: It was fun to watch Naz attacking :cheesy:

• No Beyza!?!?! Wow not taking the best MB of the regular Turkish league season, with stats even better then Rasic and Eda :white: This is quite unforgiveable in my opinion... Eczcacibaşi even took her to replace Busra, what has Guidetti been drinking to take this decision! Bahar herself said she is not good this season. No Beyza is a big joke.

Also Gözde and Cansu Çetin is another joke. Young prospects like Tuğba Şenoğlu should be brought into NT of we ever want to be a serious medal contender in big events. Tuğba is maybe already better then Gözde anyway...

Only good thing here which Im really happy about btw is Meryem Boz. Who is easily the best Turkish Opp for me no matter what people say. Nesli is not really playing in Opp style like we need in NT. She is only been really good in last matches of the season and just because shes a famous name people act like she was the best Opp throughout the season.

I love Meryem in NT but all in all this is a horrible selection. People said I was overreacting but I dont agree. Busra in NT says it all to me. I expected him to make a young mixed with experienced team which would be new and fresh for NT. Instead he goes for Nesli, Gözde andlike even Bahar and Busra any other simple minded coach would do. He said it wouldnt matter to him if the players were from team 1 or 11? It seems he picked all the top club players + Meryem and Fatma... :hit:"
    I am at this point not sure if he really is passionate about NT. Did he even see stats or watched some matches? He didnt because if he did at least Beyza would be here.

If he goes for the regular Nesli Gözde + Bahar then I can guarantuee there is no future in Turkish NT. Hoping for Fatma and Meryem to take place of Nesli and Gözde now as that is a way better choice imo.

• There is with this team of course still a way we can get something fresh and strong but I'm not sure if Guidetti will go this way. My picks as faves would be:

Opp: Meryem (and Nesli when serving or more defense needed)
    MB: Eda, Diclenur, Kübra
    OH: Hande, Fatma, Neriman
    L:Gizem

• i agree about neslihan, i think neslihan play with name and past cause actually neslihan no play so strong. i can't understand polen in also. what polen made this season?

and i can't understand about beyza out and bahar/ bursa in. guidetti speak that no will work with backup player but your roster have so much backup.

with gio i really think that him need play with more young and olds names players like this team:

gamze - meryem
    eda- zehra - gizem orge
    hande- tugba

• 11 players are cut from wide roster, 22 players roster is as following:

Setters: Naz Aydemir - Gamze Alikaya - Çağla Akın - Ezgi Dilik
    Opps: Neslihan Demir Darnel - Meryem Boz - Polen Uslupehlivan - Ceren Kestirengöz - Melis Durul
    MBs: Eda Erdem Dündar, Bahar Toksoy Guidetti - Büşra Kılıçlı - Diclenur Babat - Kubra Çalışkan - Özgenur Yurtdagülen - Aslı Kalaç - Beyza Arıcı
    OHs: Gözde Kırdar - Güldeniz Önal - Seda Aslanyürek - Neriman Özsoy - Fatma Yıldırım - Cansu Çetin - Hande Baladin - Gözde Yılmaz - Meliha İsmailoğlu - Şeyma Ercan
    Liberos: Merve Saniye Delbeler - Gizem Örge - Melis Yılmaz - Sebnem Simge Akoz - Cihan Ceren - Buse Kayacan

None of the setters have been cut yet but, it is almost sure that setters will be Naz&Gamze unless there will be an injury.

As expected, Ceren and Melis were the first ones to be cut. I'm curious about which of Polen and Meryem will be chosen by Guidetti. Neither of them are good but to choose among two, I would have picked Polen.

Gözde-Meliha and Seyma did not deserve to be in even wide roster so I'm happy to see them being cut. Cansu is most likely to be cut before final roster. I expect one of Güldeniz&Fatma and one of Seda&Hande will be cut too.

Ozgenur and Aslı were the obvious ones to be cut. I mentioned in my previous post that Guidetti will pick Büşra over Beyza which indicates that she did not perform well during camp. I think it is wise to bring an experienced Büşra instead of unexperienced Beyza. However, if Guidetti would pick Bahar instead of Büşra, then it would be really controversial choice. :whistle:

Now we have two receiver Liberos (Gizem&Melis) and defensive libero Merve. I guess Melis will be cut and Gizem&Merve will be liberos in the final roster.

So far deserved calls by Guidetti without any surprises (only exception is Birgül Güler) I expect the 14-players final roster will be:

Setters: Naz Aydemir - Gamze Alikaya
    Opps: Neslihan Demir Darnel - Polen Uslupehlivan
    MBs: Eda Erdem Dündar - Büşra Kılıçlı - Diclenur Babat - Kubra Çalışkan
    OHs: Gözde Kırdar - Güldeniz Önal - Seda Aslanyürek - Neriman Özsoy
    Liberos: Merve Saniye Delbeler - Gizem Örge

• I agree on Serdar, I like almost all the choices except Birgul too.

You guys are aware that Meryem is actually 29 years old now and taking her to the NT is not making it younger. She will most likely won't play in division 1 in 4 years since she relies so much on her heigh and physical shape. I expect some respect to Neslihan, that woman is sure not having prime of her career but she has already done a lot for this NT and now when we don't have any good opposites, she is still showing that she can help. None of the Polen or Meryem are close to Neslihan's technical capabilities. Guidetti is a smart man, he will simply pick 1 opposite who is powerful and one opposite who is more technical.

About Beyza, I agree she did have a great season but lets not overrate her! That won't help to her either. It is strange that we watch a player playing 1 season good and then expect her to be in everywhere. Noone talked about her 2 seasons ago when she played in Idmanocagi for example. I think she will be in the NT in the future but she needs to prove herself that she is not shining only for a season but she is actually becoming a star. There are more elements than just playing good involved when selecting players too. Both Eda and Kubra are sliders, same with Beyza. We have Bahar, Asli and Busra who are MBs and can attack from front (zone 3). That's really important for a setter to have this option. This explains why Guidetti eliminated 2 sliders and 1 zone 3 attacker (Beyza and Asli).

It's not like we are developing great youngsters who are contributing to their teams like crazy and making them go to finals in Turkey. Give some time to Guidetti. I don't care if he uses youngsters or not, I want to watch a good team this season and that is what he is aiming for too. :box:

• I had some hopes for Turkey, but when you look at this list :huh: ....it makes you think, Ok who are we missing? !. They have the strongest league in the world and that`s all they got? A lot of these players are not even full starters ( I know saying this again is a cliche) but still.

Main problem is, they don`t have a OPP - Neslihan did not have a good season, she`s 33, in Tokyo she will be 36. Keeping her is basically a act of desperation. I just think her level will be even worse in 3 years.
    Polen - I always liked her, but I gave up on her after this season. Even playing along side Kim-Natalia she still can`t be reliable at all.
    Meryem - I think she`s the only hope, she had a good season.

Maybe Guidetti can play either Hande or Ossoy as OPP or play 3 receivers. But Godze is already 31 also.

I think all other positions they are "fine" but could be so much better having the domestic league they have. Guidetti has a lot of work to do.

• i really want know why turkish no like meryem. cause she no stay in backup of big teams and play in small team ? and I TRYYYYYYY understand what polen make for play in national team.

polen in vakifbank = backup for brakocevic
    polen in fenerbahce = backup for montano after brankika M. after backup for grothues and now back up for fabris.

• I think all other positions they are "fine" but could be so much better having the domestic league they have. Guidetti has a lot of work to do.

How come other positions are just "fine"?

Naz is the best european setter with Ognjenovic and Gamze is also one of the best right now. Eda is currently best European MB after Rasiç. Kübra showed how elite player she become during CL and WCCH. Neriman played in final of Italian league as starter in Modena. Gözde is not young but she is still one of the best all-around OHs. Güldeniz and Seda are reliable players as defensive and offensive OHs. Hande Balading is one of the most promising young players in the generation. Libero position is also quite solid. Only weakness is opp but with so many scoring option, you don't need a scorer queen Neslihan anymore.

All these players were starter in their teams and carry their teams to important titles. With so many great names, this roster is simply not just "fine" and I'm sure Guidetti will have less troubles than limited Dutch NT, which he has to make a team with a bunch of unknown players whereas he has now a really wide pool of experienced and promising players. Only thing he has to do is just to get a team chemistry and interfere to the game while things are not going well, which was something missing with our previous coaches.

By the way, didn't you quit writing to forum before, when did you change your mind? Second Diouf case :rolleyes: :lol: