Turkish NT 2017

• Neslihan is really overrated in all Turkey not just this forum. She's not even playing that well, but because she is such a star people just want her back. Just look how non-Turkish non-biased people think Nesli again is not a good option and Meryem would be better. Meryem is just turned 29 but Neslihan will turn 34 this year. Meryem is way better as Opp both in attack and playing style. I thought players under 30 or just 30 would be fine since they can play surely in rio as well. yes we should draw a line somewhere because its almost 100% sure Nesli will lose her form completely at that time since she is already not like back in the times anymore. And guys both Gözde and Neslihan will probably retire before that time anyway... When Ecz played with Nesli on court (not serving) they were almost always bad except like a few matches. And even if they both stay, it will be another young generation who could be potential Olympic medalist wasted because benching of Neslihan and Gözde just like happened with Polen, Ceren etc. One thing is sure from the old generation except Eda all the girls don't ever will have their old form back. And even their old form was not enough back then, so why not develop a young(er) generation who already has so much potential. Beyza is not overrated to me at all. When ur the best player in your position in the league and dont even get rewarded this surely will make you feel horrible and I agree she at least should have been rewarded for that performance.

Look at this match for example she had been blocking everyone in both sets but at 20-24 is the spirit I'm talking about, watch from minute 53:55 to 25-24 all aces and points of Beyza (+1 Kimberly error btw) but he doesn't care and just picked his wife...
    Link --->

Not having Beyza and having Bahar and Busra shows Guidetti didn't completely take it seriously and its worrying to me. I thought he would be a coach who could see talent in all players of all teams instead he chose to lie and picked all back ups of all teams + Fatma and Meryem who a lot of people talked about. It seems he forgot that VakifBank almost lost to all youngsters of Beşiktaş in a 3-2 match... He forgot how Beyza turned a set around from 20-24 vs his team. Or he simply don't care? Also I agree about Polen: she was easily the worst opp of the season. They subbed her with Maret bcs she couldn't kill the ball so many times :whistle: And Maret can't even kill a ball...

• The problem for Turkey is that Gozde is 32, Eda 30, Neslihan 34 and if you take them out of roster it doesn't look good. You can't be sure if they last to WCH not to mention Olympic year.

• Let me explain it again. Beyza is a SLIDER! Who else are sliders in the squad? Eda, Kubra, Özgenur and among these names, he picked Eda and Kubra, not Özgenur and Beyza. Beyza and Bahar are in so different categories. I really don't like Bahar and don't think she deserves a spot at all but his options for zone 3 attackers were, Bahar, Busra and Asli. Among these he eliminated Asli, could be Bahar instead but we don't know what he saw in the camp happening now.

About the olympics thing. Why is it our only goal at all? We have 3 huge years before the olympics and we can win a lot with Neslihan and Gözde already. It's mean to trash some players just because they will be the oldest ones in the next olympics. What about ECH, WCH, WC, WGP? Olympics is just one of these tournaments so stop complaining and predicting about 3 years after. Coming back to Meryem, the last time I remember her playing in a big team was Fenerbahce and she did a bad job. Since then, none of the big teams transferred her although she is scoring well in her teams. To me, once again, the option is either Meryem or Polen, if you take both, you will end up with 2 tall sticks moving slowly on the court.

About Neslihan, I'm not a big fan of her, but when you watch her, you can see easily that she is not scoring with only her power but with very smart drops. I don't know many opposites in the world who can do that. What you guys keep avoiding is, that woman had a terrible injury about 2 years ago, was about to quit volleyball back then. She couldn't use her shoulder at all. Now this season she slowly started to come back and that explains why she has been playing better and better towards the end. You all still can avoid it and say she is getting old. To me, unless she will have an injury again, she will rock this season in TL.

• I don't agree but see how you can get that image as an outsider who keeps seeing the same players being selected. There are way better options then Gözde: Hande, Fatma, Neriman, Tuğba, Birgül, Tutku and these are WAAY better options. Nesli: Meryem is a WAY better option again. Eda is the best but she has enough support: Kübra, Beyza, Dicle, Zehra etc.

• Oh and please, Maret CAN kill a ball. What the smartest coach in world tried was using her as receiving opposite. Maret is not a zone 2 player, although she is left handed, she is a zone 4 player. For some lefties, it gives an advantage to attack from zone 4 like Maret and Tirozzi. Watch how she played in Cannes several years ago to see how good she was scoring.

• I don't agree but see how you can get that image as an outsider who keeps seeing the same players being selected. There are way better options then Gözde: Hande, Fatma, Neriman, Tuğba, Birgül, Tutku and these are WAAY better options. Nesli: Meryem is a WAY better option again. Eda is the best but she has enough support: Kübra, Beyza, Dicle, Zehra etc.

Gözde is not in the same category as Hande, Neriman and Tutku. Seriously Tutku? What did that girl achieve? Same with Tugba! Stop overrating players without watching them in serious tournaments. Fatma had a terrible season, covered by Horvath all the time. Birgul was an exception but I still think Gözde is more consistent than her in international level.

Can someone explain to me please what is Meryem better than Neslihan please?

About that outsider opinion, the same person has been complaining constantly whenever Boskovic was benched and Neslihan was in because for him, Boskovic is the ultimate best player in the world. I of course wouldn't deny it that Boskovic is a much better opposite than Neslihan, but there are more things to think of when you are selecting a starting 6, such as who will cover Kosheleva in receiving when she is bad.

• What some people seem to forget is that this is not the roster for 2020 Olympics but for the qualifier to World Championship :!:
    That's a very important tournament and it's unfortunate that it's the first tournament of the summer, but it's completely logical that for this tournament a coach will choose the most experienced players and no newcomers who have yet to show anything on international level. I expect Guidetti to give chances to new players in other tournaments (WGP, Yeltsin Cup) to find a good mix between "old" and "new" players in the long run.

• Maret hasn't been scoring well this season and I thought you said you are only a good player if you play good in big teams... :) Meryem not playing well in big clubs is a whole different story and I don't get why you mention it. Top clubs always transfer foreign Opps to do the job and the local ones lose confidence or dont fit in the team. I have never seen a local Opp play that good recently in a top club. Its funny you mention it also because a few months ago after a match I was able to talk to her and ask a few questions, one of them was how she picked a team and why she picked Seramiksan. She said she doesn't like the big clubs as they waste the local talents. She likes to take charge and play all the time and thats why she refuses when she has any offers from big clubs. So thats her choice... :whistle:

Also Meatballs why I keep mentioning Olympics is because Guidetti said himself that he would make a team for Olympics and that was his main goal. Now it seems like he just lied.

• But yea we will have to wait for the next tournaments before we can really judge. But all I said is having Büsra there is terrible. I know Bahar and Beyza are not same type of players. But I dont agree with his wide roster either. Zehra Güneş is better then Both Bahar and Busra now and her being young shouldnt matter.And Meryem is better in all aspects then Neslihan except serve

• I said "fine" as they are good, but I don`t think they are ready to challenge the Top teams just yet. Sorsima and Hande were not full starters. Was Seda a starter? I did not watch all Gala`s games, but the ones I did she did not start. Neslishan was not a starter, Polen played some games a starter, Polen was a not full starter either, especially the important CL games that would give her the experience she needs. Barbollini started in the World Championship with Neslishan and Volero opened with 10-2 (something like that), and she got a bunch of balls but did not score a single one, and there were some games the same thing happened, u can just go check the stats. I like her a lot, but I`m not trashing her, I`m just saying she did not had a great season. And Meyrem had a really good season, of course she had a few games she did not play that well, but overall she was great.

And I don`t think this "experience" thing is such a thing. In the QF Turkey vs Italy, who came to save the day and send Italy to Rio ? Egonu which happened to be 16/17 at the time. And just look China the youngest team vs the 2x Olympic Champions in Rio.

Turkey will be one of the most interesting teams to watch.

Yes I changed my mind and did not quit.

• Eda is on the same age with Thaisa, she will be 33 at Tokyo and it is not an old age. Del Core, Centoni, Piccinini, Nikoliç, Juciely, Sheila, Jacqueline and many more. They all played in NT till quite late ages in both OG and WCh. Also why are we only talking about OG? There is a WCh upcoming which is almost as important as OG. Besides, our NT was not an old one that needs a drastic generation change like Italy or Brazil. It is best to keep the transition smooth by keeping a mixture young and experienced ones in the roster.

There is no point to make a big fuss for Beyza, she had a good season in an average team only ONE season which means nothing! Both Büşra and Bahar proved many times that they are capable of playing in top teams. Talking based on only statistics does not make any sense. Check out the statistics of Ergül Avcı in İdmanocağı or Melis Gürkaynak in Galatasaray in previous years or Neşve Büyükbayram and Cemre Janset Erkul this season. They all did pretty good job in less competitive teams but does that mean that they deserve to be in NT? I'm sure both Büşra and Bahar would show similar statistics with Beyza if they would have played in mediocre teams.

Beyza Arıcı reminds me Diclenur Babat in 2013-2014 in Beşiktaş. Back then, Dicle had second best blocking stats after Vesna Çitakoviç. However, Dicle only reached to the NT level only this season after she proved herself in FB. By the way, even based on statistics, Beyza's performance is being exaggerated. She had 0.7 block/set which is lower than Kübra, Eda, Dicle and even Neşve Büyükbayram from Idmanocağı. Her attack ratio was 46% and that is also lower than these three MBs. Thus, as you can see Beyza was as spectacular as some people claim. She could only be considered as 4th MB in the roster but when you look for 4th MB it makes sense to have an experienced one in the case of injury. Moreover, Meatballs pointed out a good point, whether a player is MB1 or MB2 also makes a difference for the roster selection. ;)

Same story with Meryem, remember while Polen was playing in Nilufer Belediyesi, she showed way better performance than Meryem did this season. :rolleyes: Even this season, Meryem's attacking ratio was %40 while Polen attacked with %44. All in all, not only based on statistics but also the international experience indicates that Polen is a better choice than Meryem. ;)

• I agree with @rbdfabio and guys being good in Turkish league is amazing as it is really already a competitive league and Dicle Nur is a good MB and is even in the roster remember. Why Im making a big fuss is because like @rbdfabio also mentioned he picked literally all back up players even though he mentioned they would have no chance and only players that play constantly will have a chance... Lol its just the start but how can everyone be so satisfied when he basically lied about all his plans

• Same story with Meryem, remember while Polen was playing in Nilufer Belediyesi, she showed way better performance than Meryem did this season.

Which year was that? according to wikipedia 2010-2012? And as a reward Polen made to the London Olympics.

But what has Polen done since 2012? As someone just mentioned she benched every single season. If she would have stayed in Nilufer and always been a starter she could turned out to be a different player that she is today.

• Which year was that? according to wikipedia 2010-2012? And as a reward Polen made to the London Olympics.

But what has Polen done since 2012? As someone just mentioned she benched every single season. If she would have stayed in Nilufer and always been a starter she could turned out to be a different player that she is today.

I really really hope Guidetti will keep Meryem for Yeltsin cup just to show what she can deliver. I think she is a great opposite for mediocre teams but I personally wouldn't like an opposite like her in GS for example. She has "0" defence, moves slowly, relies on high good sets, can't adjust to bad sets that easily and make miracles out of them. She hits very well when she gets a high, good set; but that's not enough in international levels. Look at what Slöetjes doing or Boskovic, they simply fix bad sets and make something good out of them. Neslihan has this ability too because of her technical capabilities. Meanwhile when you check stats for regular season, Neslihan is a better opposite than Meryem when you look at serve, block and attacking elements together. Remember also that Neslihan has been receiving in many matches this season while she was on the court.

• By the way calling Guidetti a liar is a bit too much. He said he will try to make the team younger, yes but he didn't say he will do this in one day! Like Serdar mentioned, it should happen gradually. You can't just take a 17 year old Zehra and put her in the NT directly. That will ruin her own development. This summer we see a few new names like Gamze, Diclenur, Kubra, Örge; next summer we see Tugba Senoglu, Zehra etc. We have to be patient and criticise him after watching this team playing or maybe you all prefer Ferhat Akbas to him? In the end he made a big change and used Nursevil as setter :lol:

• Guys why are we acting like Meryem didnt make the cut... Lol she is in NT and has made the final cuts. As I said I like Meryem because she is a true opposite whereas Neslihan is good in other aspects as serve and smart hits very well. But for me it ends there, Polen doesnt deserve to be starter or back up in NT. She was terrible and did nothing good this season. Meryem is in the team and will surely be starter or back up not Polen who did nothing. Remember we have been comparing Meryem and Nesli , not Polen and Meryem because Polen is not good in any aspect at the moment and Im saying this as someone that likes her a lot

Yes and I understand if he wants to do it gradually with the younger players. Thats why I said I will wait for next tournaments to judge but some choices are just stupid ro me. Starter/Backup should be Nesli and Meryem for Opp not Polen thats all I say

• Guys why are we acting like Meryem didnt make the cut... Lol she is in NT and has made the final cuts. As I said I like Meryem because she is a true opposite whereas Neslihan is good in other aspects as serve and smart hits very well. But for me it ends there, Polen doesnt deserve to be starter or back up in NT. She was terrible and did nothing good this season. Meryem is in the team and will surely be starter or back up not Polen who did nothing. Remember we have been comparing Meryem and Nesli , not Polen and Meryem because Polen is not good in any aspect at the moment and Im saying this as someone that likes her a lot

Yes and I understand if he wants to do it gradually with the younger players. Thats why I said I will wait for next tournaments to judge but some choices are just stupid ro me. Starter/Backup should be Nesli and Meryem for Opp not Polen thats all I say

yes i think meryem and neslihan is the best for national team this moment. if meryem out and polen in its so hard to accept. My hopes is that guidetti tests new players from the grand prix

• By the way calling Guidetti a liar is a bit too much. He said he will try to make the team younger, yes but he didn't say he will do this in one day! Like Serdar mentioned, it should happen gradually. You can't just take a 17 year old Zehra and put her in the NT directly. That will ruin her own development. This summer we see a few new names like Gamze, Diclenur, Kubra, Örge; next summer we see Tugba Senoglu, Zehra etc. We have to be patient and criticise him after watching this team playing or maybe you all prefer Ferhat Akbas to him? In the end he made a big change and used Nursevil as setter

Agreed.

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29919
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29921
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29923

Based on the performances in WCh qualifications this weekend. Neither of Zehra, Tuğba, Tutku Burcu seems to be ready to play on senior level yet :whistle: Please no more complains like "guidetti should call young players" bla bla :roll:

• Agreed.

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29919
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29921
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29923

Based on the performances in WCh qualifications this weekend. Neither of Zehra, Tuğba, Tutku Burcu seems to be ready to play on senior level yet :whistle: Please no more complains like "guidetti should call young players" bla bla :roll:

You see the statics from pólen this season? :lol: :rolll: