Turkish NT 2017

• Meryem wasn't any spectacular. Sure, she got her points but was blocked too often and most of all she was a big hole in defense, even in passing free balls she was a problem. Playing as OPP isn't all about just hitting.

But yes, as long as Turkey doesn't have anyone better, Meryem should play.

You are right of course but lets be honest most Opps of the female game can't kill every ball anyway. She can hit a ball nicely and thats the kind of Opp Turkey needs atm. She is at least much much better then our other alternatives lol Seda had 0% :rolll:

• I feel like Meryem is the new Fabris on this forum..
    Yes she did better than Seda, yes she deserves to be in the Nt right now.. She's the best option Turkey has for the OPP position in the moment.. But she's not that spectacular compared to other world OPPs

• I don't think anyone said she is spectacular compared to other world class Opp's just saying that she played very well throughout the match compared to what our other options do normally. Imo just 5th set was meh the rest was pretty good.

We're talking like this because some people want Polen f.e. in NT and we all know she can't bring what's needed on the table

• I feel like Meryem is the new Fabris on this forum..
    Yes she did better than Seda, yes she deserves to be in the Nt right now.. She's the best option Turkey has for the OPP position in the moment.. But she's not that spectacular compared to other world OPPs

I agree! It's hard to discuss anything with people when they are so in love with a certain player. Seda's 0% is not a good benchmark for Meryem. Obviously Guidetti saw in trainings that Seda did better and that's why he preferred her. She had a bad day and had 0% in attacking. It's quite unfair for Seda since she didnt play the entire season as opposite either. About Polen, I'm sure she would do better than Seda today if she played too. We don't know how she would perform without watching her actually. I'm not trying to trash Meryem, she did a good job today but we need a more solid opposite than her, Polen and today's Seda.

• I agree! It's hard to discuss anything with people when they are so in love with a certain player. Seda's 0% is not a good benchmark for Meryem. Obviously Guidetti saw in trainings that Seda did better and that's why he preferred her. She had a bad day and had 0% in attacking. It's quite unfair for Seda since she didnt play the entire season as opposite either. About Polen, I'm sure she would do better than Seda today if she played too. We don't know how she would perform without watching her actually. I'm not trying to trash Meryem, she did a good job today but we need a more solid opposite than her, Polen and today's Seda.

you say this because your love polen is left of national team hahahahahaha :whistle: :lol:

• hi all!
    ive stayed away from volleyball for a while

i saw the roster and was able to watch some of Bul - Tur match afterwards

let me talk some about the current roster
    i felt bad after learning Gamze Alikaya's absence due to the injury.id like to see what she can do on NT's level i hope we can watch her in the next tournament
    i hope Neslihan is ok as well..she still can contribute with her serves,passing and attacks

id lik to see Beyza Arıcı instead of Büşra Kılıçlı.We all know what Büşra is capable of and i once again express that she is not of NT level player.i hope we wont see her in the roster of the big tournaments unless the other midddles injury etc
    maybe absence of Fatma Yıldırım can be talked but Güldeniz is a similar player to her so no big loss for the NT
    id like to see Birgül Güler on the bench
    Ezgi Dilik can be called but Çağla Akın had played all the season long. i like Dilik more than Akın as setter

i didnt expect Gözde Kırdar to come back..i hope she keepss helping the tean in the important tournament..

• Updated U20 NT for World Championship:

Setters: Aslıhan Kılıç, Buket Gülübay, Selmin Karahan Gizem Mısra Aşçı

Opps: Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç, Çağla Erdem, Yasemin Özel,

MBs: Zehra Güneş, Yasemin Güveli, Ayçin Akyol, Duygu Nur Doğan,

OHs: Tuğba Şenoğlu, Ezgi Akyaldız, Saliha Şahin, İdil Naz Kanbur, Ceren Nur Domaç, Buse Melis Kara, Derya Cebecioğlu (2000)

Liberos: Sinem Bayazıt, Melisa Memiş, Eylül Akarçeşme, Işıl Öz

Missing players from the roster of U18 WCh Eczacıbaşı's backup setter Gizem Misra Asci and defensive OH Buse Melis Kara are back to the roster. Also 17 years old talented Vakıfbank player Derya and 2 new liberos added to the roster while Selmin, Yasemin, Duygu and Idil are out. It is surprising that there are onl 3 MBs in the wide roster. The reasons might be that 3 MBs are quite good and there is no competition on this position anymore for final roster

• Wait. I think the qualification torunament was played 4 weeks ago.

My bad, you're right. This is the roster for WCh. It has some changes from qualification tournament

• Final roster for Boris Yeltsin tournament and players that are cut but in the wide GP roster are:

Gamze Alikaya-Çağla Akın-Ezgi Dilik
    Polen Uslupehlivan-Melis Durul-Meryem Boz
    Dicle Nur Babat-Kübra Akman-Aslı Kalaç-Beyza Arıcı-Bahar Toksoy-Özge Nur Yurtdagulen
    Fatma Yıldırım-Meliha İsmailoğlu-Şeyma Ercan-Hande Baladin-Gözde Yılmaz-Cansu Çetin
    Simge Şebnem Aköz-Gizem Örge-Melis Yılmaz

I guess these 14 players will play the first week of GP (maybe Meryem Boz would be added to replace Melis Durul and Melis Yılmaz for Simge Aköz )

• I like Cagla more, but I think Ezgi is a better player.. However Guidetti said he'll only invite players that played in their club, so that's a fair decision to me.. On the other hand Meryem Boz out, Polen and Melis in? Like WTF? This could be only acceptable if Guidetti wants to see who the second OPP besides Meryem will go to the GP. Beyza is there for all the Guidetti haters, Ozgenur and Bahar out, a fair decision.. I also don't agree on leaving Cansu Cetin, and taking Seyma.. Seyma played even less than Cansu did, same for Meliha, but at leat she's there as an 'attacker'.. Cetin is even a better backcourt player than Seyma. I can only justify Simge's presence the same as for Polen and Melis.. It's clear Melis Yilmaz played better and more than Simge

• Source? (For Grand Prix)

I don't believe Polen and especially Melis Durul will play Grand Prix over Meryem. Even to try at Yeltsin cup I would prefer Ceyda Aktaş and Ceren Kestirengöz over Melis who are much better. But Guidetti prefers to use his own player of course :whistle: Happy to see Beyza, she can contribute a lot to this team.

Btw the reason he preferred Cagla over Ezgi is probably because Ezgi and Gamze are similar style setters while the latter is just a better overall setter.

• Source?

I don't believe Polen and especially Melis Durul will play Grand Prix over Meryem. Even to try at Yeltsin cup I would prefer Ceyda Aktaş and Ceren Kestirengöz over Melis who are much better. But Guidetti prefers to use his own player of course :whistle: Happy to see Beyza, she can contribute a lot to this team.

Btw the reason he preferred Cagla over Ezgi is probably because Ezgi and Gamze are similar style setters while the latter is just a better overall setter.

Of course. Ceyda aktas played very good this season in nilufer. And now with buijs, Carol i Think ceyda can more strong oppiste. I remember ceyda best opposite 2013 world champoonship U20 and barbolini no call her

• Source? (For Grand Prix)

I don't believe Polen and especially Melis Durul will play Grand Prix over Meryem. Even to try at Yeltsin cup I would prefer Ceyda Aktaş and Ceren Kestirengöz over Melis who are much better. But Guidetti prefers to use his own player of course Happy to see Beyza, she can contribute a lot to this team.

Read carefully! I said "I guess.." :rolleyes: I don't need to give source for my own prediction :aww:

• Read carefully! I said "I guess.." :rolleyes: I don't need to give source for my own prediction :aww:

Can you please calm down, I am not a native English speaker and this sentence confused me: 'Final roster for Boris Yeltsin tournament and players that are cut but in the wide GP roster'. I didn't know if you meant you also know the GP roster that's why I asked to be sure. No need for attitude since it is quite a confusing sentence anyway...

• I like Cagla more, but I think Ezgi is a better player.. However Guidetti said he'll only invite players that played in their club, so that's a fair decision to me.. On the other hand Meryem Boz out, Polen and Melis in? Like WTF? This could be only acceptable if Guidetti wants to see who the second OPP besides Meryem will go to the GP. Beyza is there for all the Guidetti haters, Ozgenur and Bahar out, a fair decision.. I also don't agree on leaving Cansu Cetin, and taking Seyma.. Seyma played even less than Cansu did, same for Meliha, but at leat she's there as an 'attacker'.. Cetin is even a better backcourt player than Seyma. I can only justify Simge's presence the same as for Polen and Melis.. It's clear Melis Yilmaz played better and more than Simge

i agree with what you said on the players

Melis Yılmaz has to improve more and more as receiving libero . i remember some matches where she had made lots of passing mistakes..but id still prefer her over Simge Aköz

• i agree with what you said on the players

Melis Yılmaz has to improve more and more as receiving libero . i remember some matches where she had made lots of passing mistakes..but id still prefer her over Simge Aköz

Of course she can improve, but wasn't she the receiving libero in Fener? I don't think she was bad.. And Simge did nothing other tham coming in to pass for Kosheleva, and wasn't so good