Serbian NT 2017

• I do not think it is wise to bring Rasic. She is not fully recovered and hasn't played a match for a long time. Even if she can catch up the QF, her performance would still have a question mark. Although she did the same thing in Champions League with vakif, that's because the other middle blockers in vakif aren't in the same level with her, not even close. But things are different in Serbia NT, since Veljković and Stevanović are both great in their position. Terzic shouldn't take the risk.

Even Rasic doesn't go, it is still difficult for Sanja to get a spot. There is already one offensive OH and three defensive OHs. Sanja does not fit the system unless her passing and defensing skills are better than Malesevic. Also, a health Boskovic does not need two backups. Sad for Sanja.

• So, this was a bit unexpected after all the problems before the ECh. :D I guess it shows how much they've grown as a team because the last time they faced such hardships, it totally killed their spirit, now they managed to rise above them and play better from game to game.

This was the 4th ECh medal for Serbia, the 2nd gold one. There's no one left from the team that won silver 10 years ago and only two players who were the champions in 2011 - Malešević (who had a very small role then) and Rašić (who unfortunately almost didn't play at all now).

I must say I'm extremely happy for Stefana Veljković. Finally she had an opportunity to impose hersef as the starter on the team after all those years of being a back-up and she did a mighty good job. She also had to miss the ECh '11 because of a serious heart illness that could have easily ended her career, so there's no one more deserving of becoming the European champion than her.
    Also, a special shout-out to Tijana Malešević who pretty much single-handedly took care of reception almost the entire tournament. She had one hell of a difficult job and while she didn't always do it perfectly, we really could not demand more from her.

So, the NT season of 2017 is over and it could not have ended any better. Onwards and upwards, girls! :drink:

• Nice to hear, I sincerely wish Ana were able to play in the ECH and I would have loved to see her hold the trophy :heart:

• Why isn't Sylla situation also settled?!

• Tijana Bošković and Brankica Mihajlović also had a honorary reception in Banja Luka, the capital of the Serbian part of Bosnia and Herzegovina and they were granted 10 000 euro each by the local government. Considering they got 20 000 euro each by Serbian government, this tournament was very good for them. :lol:

• Lol I have a friend from B&H and I always introduce her to people as:' Hey look this is my friend from Bosnia'. And then she always gets pissed xD She says: 'It is BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA and I am from Herzegovina.' I'm like 'Ok gurl whatever' and next time I say again, look this is my friend from Bosnia :rolll:

• Tijana Bošković and Brankica Mihajlović also had a honorary reception in Banja Luka, the capital of the Serbian part of Bosnia and Herzegovina and they were granted 10 000 euro each by the local government. Considering they got 20 000 euro each by Serbian government, this tournament was very good for them. :lol:

Jelena Blagojevic,too. She was born in BiH. :D

• it doesn't matter where the girls comes from! we just love them... keep on fighting... and we hope for a lot more success with this girls...