You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 1:45am

I do not think it is wise to bring Rasic. She is not fully recovered and hasn't played a match for a long time. Even if she can catch up the QF, her performance would still have a question mark. Although she did the same thing in Champions League with vakif, that's because the other middle blockers in vakif aren't in the same level with her, not even close. But things are different in Serbia NT, since Veljković and Stevanović are both great in their position. Terzic shouldn't take the risk.

Even Rasic doesn't go, it is still difficult for Sanja to get a spot. There is already one offensive OH and three defensive OHs. Sanja does not fit the system unless her passing and defensing skills are better than Malesevic. Also, a health Boskovic does not need two backups. Sad for Sanja.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 9:05pm

So, this was a bit unexpected after all the problems before the ECh. :D I guess it shows how much they've grown as a team because the last time they faced such hardships, it totally killed their spirit, now they managed to rise above them and play better from game to game.

This was the 4th ECh medal for Serbia, the 2nd gold one. There's no one left from the team that won silver 10 years ago and only two players who were the champions in 2011 - Malešević (who had a very small role then) and Rašić (who unfortunately almost didn't play at all now).

I must say I'm extremely happy for Stefana Veljković. Finally she had an opportunity to impose hersef as the starter on the team after all those years of being a back-up and she did a mighty good job. She also had to miss the ECh '11 because of a serious heart illness that could have easily ended her career, so there's no one more deserving of becoming the European champion than her.
Also, a special shout-out to Tijana Malešević who pretty much single-handedly took care of reception almost the entire tournament. She had one hell of a difficult job and while she didn't always do it perfectly, we really could not demand more from her.

So, the NT season of 2017 is over and it could not have ended any better. Onwards and upwards, girls! :drink:

sne

Intermediate

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 2:53pm

Per FIVB's decision, Ana Antonijevic is no longer suspended so she can play for Volero next season. They will forward their analysis to WADA who will make their decision later. :drink:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 2:54pm

That's good to hear. I suppose they'll decide the same for Sylla then...

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Haak, Lloyd, Carlini, Orthmann, Robinson, Folie, Daalderop, Dürr, Hanke, Heyrman, Hansson, Herbots, Bongaerts

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 4:10pm

Nice to hear, I sincerely wish Ana were able to play in the ECH and I would have loved to see her hold the trophy :heart:

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 6:37pm

I read it now...

[url]http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest_news/Serbia/90127/srb-w-the-fivb-lifts-suspension-on-serbian-player-ana-antonijevic.html
[/url]

Wonderful for her but I can't believe nothing moved for Sylla as well!!!

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 2:30am

"As a consolation, but also a memory for the whole year of work with the national team, captain Milena Rasic brought a gold medal from Baku and handed her a teammate (Antonijević) from the national team"

http://odbojka-volleyball.com/ana-bez-kazne-i-sa-medaljom/

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 2:08pm

Why isn't Sylla situation also settled?!

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 1:20am

Tijana Bošković and Brankica Mihajlović also had a honorary reception in Banja Luka, the capital of the Serbian part of Bosnia and Herzegovina and they were granted 10 000 euro each by the local government. Considering they got 20 000 euro each by Serbian government, this tournament was very good for them. :lol:

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 5:18am

are they both from bosnia?

akiyaLai

Volleyball Lover TW

• "akiyaLai" is female

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 5:22am

Mihajlovic is from Brčko. Boskovic is from Bileća
***** My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lifeisvolley *****

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 12:44pm

No. Tijana is from Herzegovina. :P As someone whose ancestors are also partly from Herzegovina, it's an important distinction to make. :rolll:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez, Neriman, Meryem, Fatma

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 1:08pm

Lol I have a friend from B&H and I always introduce her to people as:' Hey look this is my friend from Bosnia'. And then she always gets pissed xD She says: 'It is BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA and I am from Herzegovina.' I'm like 'Ok gurl whatever' and next time I say again, look this is my friend from Bosnia :rolll:

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 7:21pm

Tijana & Brankica have made Republika Srpska very proud! Svaka cast cure!

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 7:43pm

i meant to say BIH. but i find it a bit weird that they are getting an award from a country they don't represent.

very sad.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 7:53pm

They're not being awarded by the central (federal) government, only the Serbian half of the country. BIH is complicated.

sne

Intermediate

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 8:57pm

Tijana Bošković and Brankica Mihajlović also had a honorary reception in Banja Luka, the capital of the Serbian part of Bosnia and Herzegovina and they were granted 10 000 euro each by the local government. Considering they got 20 000 euro each by Serbian government, this tournament was very good for them. :lol:

Jelena Blagojevic,too. She was born in BiH. :D

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 11:57pm

i meant to say BIH. but i find it a bit weird that they are getting an award from a country they don't represent.

very sad.
You know, you really should do some research before commenting. Half of BiH is Serbian territory, Brankica, Tijana and Jelena are from there. What the hell is sad?

Friday, October 6th 2017, 4:09am

apparently you don't really fit your name.

it's sad BIH is split between these separate "territories", that's what's sad.

Dan

Beginner

• "Dan" is male

Favourite Team: Volero Zurich, RC Cannes, Vizura Belgrad, Thai Nationalteam

Favourite Players: Brankica Mihaijlovic, Milena Rasic, Robny Ah-Mow Santos, Yuko Sano, Silvija Popovic, Olga Tocko

Friday, October 6th 2017, 11:03am

it doesn't matter where the girls comes from! we just love them... keep on fighting... and we hope for a lot more success with this girls...

Social bookmarks