You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, November 17th 2017, 6:57pm

The best thing that Boskovic is showing is that after winning a Silver at WC and OG, she`s eager to improve her game and win more and more.

When you look at it, she`s only 20 but she has already played in every major tournament for both club and national team ( of course she`s not the only one, Zhu has done the same) but none of that got in her head, she`s still very humble and she keep improving. A male version of Tijana is Gianelli, he won silver at WC and OG and reached club success, but after the OG he ha not improved and he does not look motivated at all.

We will see Boskovic playing at the highest level for the next 10-15 years. We lost Gamova and Sheilla but we gained Boskovic and Egonu.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, November 17th 2017, 7:06pm

Can't compare a setter to an opposite.

It is a harder role than the opposite with different technical skillset. It even limits you with the team you are surrounded with.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 1:37pm

Any idea on why Mina Tomiç naturalized to Crotian NT? I remember she was a very promising player in junior levels and she was playing in UKR for a long time. Now I saw her in Modena's roster as Crotian citizen :what:

7UP

Receiver

• "7UP" is male

Favourite Team: NT: Poland (Women)

Favourite Players: Gosia Glinka, Anna Werblińska

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 4:23pm

The best thing that Boskovic is showing is that after winning a Silver at WC and OG, she`s eager to improve her game and win more and more.

When you look at it, she`s only 20 but she has already played in every major tournament for both club and national team ( of course she`s not the only one, Zhu has done the same) but none of that got in her head, she`s still very humble and she keep improving. A male version of Tijana is Gianelli, he won silver at WC and OG and reached club success, but after the OG he ha not improved and he does not look motivated at all.

We will see Boskovic playing at the highest level for the next 10-15 years. We lost Gamova and Sheilla but we gained Boskovic and Egonu.
Funny thing is, I remember Glinka, Gamova, Neslihan, Grun and other OPPs but seriously how can you show up against Vakifbank (which could be the best club in a world) in Turkish Cup final and have 75% efficiency ( 21/28 ) in a match you team lost 0-3? I mean, come on..... :white:

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Thursday, December 28th 2017, 5:11pm

Any idea on why Mina Tomiç naturalized to Crotian NT? I remember she was a very promising player in junior levels and she was playing in UKR for a long time. Now I saw her in Modena's roster as Crotian citizen :what:

I have no idea :S My best guess is that she has dual citizenship through her parents and that she's formally registered in Italy as a Croatian citizen because of taxes and such since Croatia is an EU member while Serbia isn't.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Friday, December 29th 2017, 12:32am

Tijana Bošković was declared the best young athlete of the year in Serbia (both male and female, across all sports) by the Serbian Olympic Committee. :rose:
The volleyball team got the award as the best women's team of the year, of course.

Friday, December 29th 2017, 1:09am

Congrats to Tijana and her team.

Forgive me a moment of <rant> which I hope you are able to read as sincere. I don't watch much Euro-volleyball but I really admire and appreciate that Serbia sits atop the volleyball world. It's a cool story. I'm new to the volleyball thing and occasionally at cocktail parties and such I will mention my newfound passion. It breaks my heart that the one and only thing* most people know about women's indoor volleyball is that picture the Serbian team took when they qualified for the WCh--because an online dump that pays its rent with pictures of sideboob 'reported' it. Did they 'report' it when Serbia won the ECh? No! There is something very wrong and depressing about that. </rant>

* the other thing some folks know about women's volleyball is that they high-five a lot :D

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Friday, December 29th 2017, 3:00am

Forgive me a moment of which I hope you are able to read as sincere. I don't watch much Euro-volleyball but I really admire and appreciate that Serbia sits atop the volleyball world. It's a cool story. I'm new to the volleyball thing and occasionally at cocktail parties and such I will mention my newfound passion. It breaks my heart that the one and only thing* most people know about women's indoor volleyball is that picture the Serbian team took when they qualified for the WCh--because an online dump that pays its rent with pictures of sideboob 'reported' it. Did they 'report' it when Serbia won the ECh? No! There is something very wrong and depressing about that.

* the other thing some folks know about women's volleyball is that they high-five a lot :D
Just be glad your not from the UK - no one knows a thing about VB.

Well done Tijana :heart: . I would think she would have a chance for Sportswoman of the year one of these days if she keeps playing like this

Janko

Trainee

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Turkey NT (F), Eczacıbaşı, VakifBank

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Katarina Lazovic, Kim Yeon-koung, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Kübra Akman , Zehra Güneş, Cristina Chirichella, Brenda Castillo, Brayelin Martínez, Irina Fetisova

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 11:05am

Forgive me a moment of which I hope you are able to read as sincere. I don't watch much Euro-volleyball but I really admire and appreciate that Serbia sits atop the volleyball world. It's a cool story. I'm new to the volleyball thing and occasionally at cocktail parties and such I will mention my newfound passion. It breaks my heart that the one and only thing* most people know about women's indoor volleyball is that picture the Serbian team took when they qualified for the WCh--because an online dump that pays its rent with pictures of sideboob 'reported' it. Did they 'report' it when Serbia won the ECh? No! There is something very wrong and depressing about that.

Just be glad your not from the UK - no one knows a thing about VB.

Well done Tijana :heart: . I would think she would have a chance for Sportswoman of the year one of these days if she keeps playing like this

Frankly, she deserved it this year, already. Milica Mandic, the one who won the Sportswoman of the Year for this year, got it for winning the gold at World Taekwondo Championships. While that is certainly impressive, Tijana's resume this year is even more impressive. The 2 reasons Milica won are:

1)The fact that she is an individual athlete, and they always get a huge headstart in these type of awards vis-a-vis a team-sports athletes
2)Because she is the only individual female athlete from Serbia to have won an Olympic Gold since the dissolution of Yugoslavia, she is a darling of Olympic Committee of Serbia

Jovana Brakocevic remains the only team-sports athlete to have won this award, in 2011 (and arguably, Tijana's 2017 is even better than Jovana's 2011).

Social bookmarks