Serbian NT 2017

• If I remember right, Boskovic/Vitra beat Vakfbank at the WCH 3-1... :cheesy: . And in that game she scored 3 aces....

And 4 faults.

3-4= -1

:whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Zoran Terzić is not satisfied with the contract offered by the Serbian volleyball federation. He insists that it's not about the money and that some other things are a problem. He hopes that those issues will be solved and he hopes to stay on, but for the first time there's a possibility that he might not be the coach anymore.

It's same story with Nikola Grbić and the men's NT.

• And now it's official - Terzić will stay as the NT coach. He signed a contract until 2020. It's actually the first, all this time (since 2002!) he has worked without a contract.

Grbić also stays the men's NT coach until 2020.

• I may not always agree with Terzic, but I'm glad he's staying. He obviously knows the team well and the last 2 years have been excellent so hopefully they can build on that even more this year

• That doesn't surprise me. She's married with a child and now has an Olympic medal. Also, she would probably be a bench player for the rest of her career and I can see why that wouldn't appeal to a player of her ability. Shouldn't be a huge loss for Serbia either since if Malagurski can keep in good shape

• Roster for WCH 2018 qualification tournament (via ossrb.org):

S: Ana Antonijević, Bojana Živković, Danica Radenković, Slađana Mirković

Opp: Ana Bjelica, Sanja Malagurski, Tijana Bošković

MB: Milena Rašić, Stefana Veljković, Jovana Stevanović, Mina Popović, Nađa Ninković, Ivana Kocić

OH: Brankica Mihajlović, Tijana Malešević, Bjanka Buša, Bojana Milenković, Katarina Lazović, Ana Lazarević

L: Silvija Popović, Jelena Blagojević

Antonijević is back! No Ognjenović, Brakocević and Nikolić.

• Who knows maybe Maja comes back for the WCH, but if she can`t make it to Tokyo is better she does not come back for the WCH, just let Zivkovic and Antonijevic take it from now. But Zivkovic should not play in the Swiss League next season, she must be in a more competitive league, same goes for Antonijevic.

Also Malagurski should play as OH, too bad she played the past 2 season as OP in club, at least Brankica played as OH in China, and she should play as OH again this upcoming season. And I hope Volero does not keep Brankica for the season, it will be terrible for her playing in the Swiss League.

Malesevic has struggled a little in reception this season in Osasco, and the problem is that the coach replaced her a lot, and a lot of fans were complaining about it a lot, because as soon as she would make a mistake he would replace her right away, and it was not fair. Bjelica started as bench and made her way to the starting position.

Busa improved her reception, but in attack she was really weak. But that`s ok she`s 22 and can still improve.

Also no Maja Savic and I would assume Ivana Jokic is Jovana Kocic????

• Ana, YAAAAS! :rose:

Again no Rankovic? What does she have to do to get invited.. Also I thought Savic was having a good season in Poland.. Not that she'll have a real chance, but she's a good slider and solid blocker..

Saviç was even bettr than Stevanoviç in youth and junior level. Unfortunately, she couldn't make the next step to be a star player from a promising player.

I was hoping to see Ognjenoviç in Tokyo since 36 is not an old age for setter position however, it was known that NT is not her biggest passion. :whistle:

• Maja ;( I was kinda hoping she'd play the WCh qualies (IMO the most important competition of the year) and then get the rest of the NT season off. But alas, we all knew it had to end some day. And if Ana is really back, it almost doesn't matter!

Ana Lazarević :down: I thought the days of selecting such useless players were behind us. Nikolina Lukić ought to have been there instead. She had a great season and together with Milenković she should be the future of our team on OH position. Hopefully she'll be given a chance during the summer.

I'm fine with Blagojević as the second libero. Someone has to be that and I actually think she's better than all the other alternatives. But yeah, we do need real liberos.

Nice to see Ninković back again, but maybe her spot should have gone to Maja Savić or even Maja Aleksić.

Malagurski is going to be cut out in the last moment again, you just know it.

• I was hoping to see Ognjenoviç in Tokyo since 36 is not an old age for setter position however, it was known that NT is not her biggest passion.

She did play at every major competition since ECH 2005 except WC 11, I believe. That is quite a lot of commitment for someone who is not passionate :whistle:

I was hoping she'd stay also, but she has done so much for the NT that I can't complain about her decision

• Yeah, she debuted on NT way back in 2004 (was actually on the wide roster of ECh '03 as well) and has played every single season since. Been to the Olympics and WCh three times, ECh 6 times, countless other tournaments. She's more than paid her dues. Also, not to be forgotten that she got married recently.

• Maja is 32 years old. She's not like a man who cannot get pregnant and still play volleyball forever. It's a big dilemma and we should respect their wishes. She gave her soul for the sport. That's enough reason to give her the time and space.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney