Serbian NT 2017

• Will Blagojevic take her role?

Yes, and Teodora Pušić will be the second libero.

Maja Ognjenović's biography was published yesterday, called "Maja at the net". At its presentation Maja said that she hopes that there are still a few more chapters to be added in the next edition, but that they sadly won't be about NT.

• Yes, and Teodora Pušić will be the second libero.

Maja Ognjenović's biography was published yesterday, called "Maja at the net". At its presentation Maja said that she hopes that there are still a few more chapters to be added in the next edition, but that they sadly won't be about NT.

Oh really.. I would like to have it.. Can that be bought only in Serbia?

• I would love to read that 8o

I expect it will only ever be printed in Serbian though so I have no chance ;(

• I really like Blagojevic, but I don't think she can be a libero at the highest level. Popovic is not young so I would like to see Pusic get a lot of time on court because we don't know what Popovic's level could be in a few years.

I don't think Terzic would use Busa as libero. I think it's more important that she develops her attacking skills than her defending skills

• I wonder if Serbia will play to win this Grand Prix or Terzic will "avoid" reaching the finals again?

No, there's no reason to tank this year. They did it the last two years because WC and OG were too close and they were obviously the most important tournaments, but this summer is diiferent and there's enough time between GP and ECh.
    However, Terzić said that losing the main setter is a very big change and they'll have to start from scratch in many ways even though most of the team is the same. So, they'll be using GP to get themselves into play and be ready for ECh. It means that having a good result in GP is not the absolute priority, but it definitely doesn't mean they'll be losing on purpose.

• That`s great. Because I really don`t want to see Brazil winning the Grand Prix again. :D

No, there's no reason to tank this year. They did it the last two years because WC and OG were too close and they were obviously the most important tournaments, but this summer is diiferent and there's enough time between GP and ECh.
    However, Terzić said that losing the main setter is a very big change and they'll have to start from scratch in many ways even though most of the team is the same. So, they'll be using GP to get themselves into play and be ready for ECh. It means that having a good result in GP is not the absolute priority, but it definitely doesn't mean they'll be losing on purpose.

• Well, Serbia will play in European Championship this year and I think he can change his mind and may avoid to play in final round as always :whistling:

• Mina Popović is having trouble with her shoulder again and is not training currently. That injury just won't go away. :S Tijana Bošković has a minor ankle injury, but it's not too serious.

Terzić is very unhappy with some players who finished their season earlier because they showed up for preparations "in unacceptable shape". He didn't mention any names, but I kinda get the feeling he's talking about Mihajlović. :whistle:

• I feel bad for Mina Popovic, hopefully she`s getting the right treatment. And I hope this Boskovic`s minor injury is really nothing.

I hope she will let Bjelica and Malargurski play at the Yetsin Cup.

I`m not gonna lie, Mihajlovic looks a little bit heavy, mostly of the girls went to some wedding this weekend, and on the photos Mihajolivc has a red dress and she looks "bigger" than everyone else ( maybe could be just the dress). Of course for a normal person she`s in a amazing shape, but for a athlete she needs to be more careful.

• Oh ok, I was wondering if it was her or not, but I could not tell by the photo, she looks so different as bride, and they did not tag her on the photo.

According to worldofvolleyball Boskkovic`s has a fibula fracture she sustained during the WCH qualification. With a fibula fracture you can walk and do normal things, but definitely you can`t play volleyball, it takes at least 2 months to heal the least.

That`s why I was saying it made so sense to make Boskovic play against those weak teams and set her 80% of the time, she should have played only against Check Rep. and Poland.

;( ;(

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-for-2018-grand-prix.html

• I hope she will let Bjelica and Malargurski play at the Yetsin Cup.

I'm pretty sure she won't be playing there. Her leg is not fully mobile and she's not training at 100% now, she probably won't be ready in just a week and it doesn't make sense to risk aggravating the injury at an unimportant tournament.

Slađana Mirković and Sara Lozo got cut off the roster. I'd rather see Lozo there instead of Lazarević and I'm not sure it makes sense to have as many MBs as OHs on the team, but hey.
    In other news, Milena Rašić is completely recovered and is training normally.

• Well, it's (still) not confirmed how serious it really it, but yes, she has a problem with her fibula. Apparently it's a pre-existing condition that she sustained during the club season in Eczacibasi already, but as it wasn't fully treated and she kept playing, it got worse. We should know the exact extent of the injury soon.

• Oh nooo, first Thaisa and now Boskovic. That`s unacceptable from Vitra, I lost all my respect for the club. What are they doing? They can`t let injured players play, safety comes first.

That explains why her level dropped a little bit towards the end of the season.

Well, it's (still) not confirmed how serious it really it, but yes, she has a problem with her fibula. Apparently it's a pre-existing condition that she sustained during the club season in Eczacibasi already, but as it wasn't fully treated and she kept playing, it got worse. We should know the exact extent of the injury soon.