Serbian NT 2017

• After three weeks of WGP,
    Serbian NT will play against Jiangsu ECE in Changshu on July 29, 2017.
    I don't know the aim of the warm-up.

PS: the main roster of Jiangsu ECE may be:
    S - Zhao Jing-xue
    OP - Tang Ning-ya
    OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Xu Ruo-ya
    MB - Jiang Qian-wen, Wang Chen-yue
    L - Chen Zhan

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I`m still really disappointed that Serbia could not beat Brazil.

Mallesevic and Busa must fix their reception, sometimes they can be really awful, I don`t remember in which game it was but Malesevic made 3 or 4 mistakes in a row. It is hard to think they are spending enough time practicing.

Zivkovic - I used to like her, but not anymore. Her game is pathetic, she only knows how to set Mijajlovic and Boskovic. And I don`t think she will ever change that. Maybe Randenkovic or Mirkovic should take her place.

Busa came in and she was not perfect but her pass a good enough to use the MB`s much more, and they could have killed Brazil attacking in the middle.

And remember during the WCH Q I kept saying she would be setting more in the MB and use Malesevic more, but it was said Terzic just wanted to win the Tournament without wasting much energy and the way to go was to go with Boskovic only just to get it done quickly.

But turned out that was not only the case in that tournament. Malesevic/Busa played as second libero mostly and the MBS were not used enough. Even C. Bosetti was effective against Brazil, I think she had 50% in attack, Malesevic/Busa are stronger and should be able to do the same.

I think the problem is that Terzic does not trust them and this affect their performance, they must feel they must attack like Boskovic and Mihjlovic otherwise they are not good enough.

Before the game I was reading some Brazilian blogs and everyone was saying, Brazil could win, all they need to do is shut down Mihajlovic, and once they do that the ball will only go to Boskovic, and yeah she will score a lot, but all they need to do is put a good block and defense on her and this will force her to make mistakes.
    And Ze Roberto said the same thing.....

And surprise surprise, everything goes as planned. But the thing is. Even if the Brazilian fans knows to beat Serbia, how come Terzic does not know that???

This game with Boskovic/Mihajolivic works against a lot of teams especially Europeans, but it does not work against smart teams like Brazil. Terzic should have done his job and had a different strategy . Boskovic scored 12 points in the first set, of course she would not be able to do that in every set, but I guess that was Terizic`s plan.
    Just like when Antonjevic sets to Boskovic 3 times in row in the match point. That was really immature of her.

And why did he replace Malesevic after she just did one mistake in reception?
    Starting with Zivkovic? Maybe he wants to cut her, but first he needs to give her the benefit of doubt and he sure she`s not the right setter for them?.

I honestly can care less about their performance in the European Championship ( I don`t see it as being such a big deal as a lot of people might see it....none of these Europeans teams are on the same level as Brazil, China, USA, and maybe even Japan. For me is more a second hand tournament with only average teams. Only other team I see as exciting is Italy).

Look forward for the 2018 World Championship.

• ECh hands down 4th most important tournament of volleyball world after OG, WCh and World Cup considering 6 out of top 12 teams in the world are from Europe. SRB, ITA and NED (even without Sloetjes) have already shown that they are on the same level as Brazil, China, USA. RUS with Goncharova and Kosheleva is also on the same level of other volleyball powerhouses. Besides these big 4 you have TUR who is a medal contender and BEL, GER, BUL, POL, CZE, AZE, which you can not call as average teams. ECH is basically best teams competing except CHN, BRA and USA, (half of the European teams can beat JPN)

• Only the TOP European teams can beat Japan, like Serbia,Russia,Italy,Netherlands. But Japan can beat them as well, in this GP Japan beat Serbia,RUssia and Netherlands.

Poland,Turkey,Bulgaria,Germany and the rest are way below Japan`s level and they will never beat Japan on a daily basis.

• The most important tournament of this year is actually the World Champiobship Qualifiers if you call that a tournament.

The most prestitious title of this year is WGP and World League. Those have ranking points. ECH does not.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Those have ranking points. ECH does not.

ECH has CEV ranking points. And CEV ranking is really important in OG qualification.

BTW, ECH is my favorite tournament. There are always some surprises. Like, in 2013, Bulgaria, team that were able to beat Brasil couldn't make it to the TOP 12. Belgium, the underdogs, won the bronze medal. In 2015, Azerbaijan (with Rahimova, V.Mammadova, Bayramova) lost every games (even against Hungary), Croatia beat Russia 3-0 :D Belarus almost qualified to quaterfinals. I think that's really good tournament.

• ECH has CEV ranking points. And CEV ranking is really important in OG qualification.

BTW, ECH is my favorite tournament. There are always some surprises. Like, in 2013, Bulgaria, team that were able to beat Brasil couldn't make it to the TOP 12. Belgium, the underdogs, won the bronze medal. In 2015, Azerbaijan (with Rahimova, V.Mammadova, Bayramova) lost every games (even against Hungary), Croatia beat Russia 3-0 :D Belarus almost qualified to quaterfinals. I think that's really good tournament.

Everyone knows what's going to come up anyway. I don't consider it as important since the there are going to be International Olympic Qualification that are going to involve the world rankings more from what is being discussed by FIVB.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Btw, Speaking about Serbian NT, Does Dajana Boskovic (Tijana's sister) have Bosnian citizenship?

I don't consider it as important since the there are going to be International Olympic Qualification that are going to involve the world rankings more from what is being discussed by FIVB.

It's not official yet.
    One of the ideas is that the winner of 2019 ECH will directly get a spot in OG. So, ECH might be important.

• Btw, Speaking about Serbian NT, Does Dajana Boskovic (Tijana's sister) have Bosnian citizenship?

It's not official yet.
    One of the ideas is that the winner of 2017 ECH will directly get a spot in OG. So, ECH might be important.

That's just stupid for FIVB to do so early on the olympic cycle considering tokyo Olympics is still three years away. Should be more concrete by now what with retiring and upcoming players all over the place.

Edit: And I highly doubt it will with Ivan Zaytsev and Osmany Juantorena basically forfeiting ECH. FIFAV will not be that stupid to risk such an important Olympic Qualification Tournament without their best players. :white:

#FreeBritney

• That's just stupid for FIVB to do so early on the olympic cycle considering tokyo Olympics is still three years away. Should be more concrete by now what with retiring and upcoming players all over the place.

I made a mistake. I thought about 2019 ECH. Sorry :)

Is this Boskovic`s sister that you are talking about? She went to College here in the US?

http://goutsa.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3522

I think she is her sister.

• I made a mistake. I thought about 2019 ECH. Sorry :)

And that actually makes sense. Thanks for the correction. :drink: I actually find continental olympic qualification so badly scheduled during the club season. It should always be during the national team season where clubs cannot hide the true status of their players. Makes for a fair fight imo.

#FreeBritney