Serbian NT 2017

• I believe she was on the wide roster for Bosnia at some point, but never played an official game for them. Later on she was also in contention for a spot on the Serbian NT before she decided not to pursue professional volleyball.

She almost certainly has dual Serbian-Bosnian citizenship as she was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina (in the Herzegovina part, to be specific :P ), like Tijana. They moved together to Serbia when Tijana was 13.

• Serbia played very well at this Grand Prix in general, but what is worrying is the poor performance when it mattered most.

Zivkovic starting in place of Antonijevic is madness IMO but even Ana did not play that great either. I guess it will take some time before anyone is able to properly replace Maja as starting setter.

Mihajlovic is obviously a great player but she seems to sometimes go missing in the big matches. I know she had an injury this time but this is not the first time this has happened but to beat the best teams Serbia really need both her and Boskovic to play well.

If Busa is going to play OH for the NT then she REALLY needs to improve her attacking. I mean she was one of the worst attackers in Serie A this year. You say they should give her more balls and I want to agree but she was 2/19 in the F6 :white: , there is no way she is as good as the Bosettis.

Anyway, I love the European Championship because it is so open and so many teams could do well and I am pretty sure the European teams would prefer to win the ECH than the WGP

• I believe she was on the wide roster for Bosnia at some point, but never played an official game for them. Later on she was also in contention for a spot on the Serbian NT before she decided not to pursue professional volleyball.

She almost certainly has dual Serbian-Bosnian citizenship as she was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina (in the Herzegovina part, to be specific :P ), like Tijana. They moved together to Serbia when Tijana was 13.

what "stuff" happened? :teach:

• She was arrested for shoplifting and got suspended. ( I`m assuming that is what JoanaBG is referring to.)

Another thing: Does anyone knows what really happened with Brakocevic and Kazan ? ? Is she playing next season?

what "stuff" happened? :teach:

• The meeting of two monster OPPs, past and present :flower:

The team is now on vacation until Monday, when they begin preparations for the ECh. Terzić is convinced the team is going to perform much better there and he wants gold. He's relatively satisfied with how they played in GP, but even if we disregard the occasional blackouts, there are still some issues that need to be addressed and they're going to be working on them.

Everyone feels really bad about the way they played against Brazil and can't really explain why it happened. OTOH they're very glad they managed to put it behind them and perform well against China.

Serbia has now won three medals in GP. Rašić and Malešević are the players who participated in winning all three of them. Rašić was also on the All Star team all three times.

• A lot of people complains and blame FIVB for scheduling the Grand Prix and other tournaments right after the club season is over and players get no rest.

But I`m wondering why CEV scheduled the ECH to be held so late 22 Sep. - 1 Oct? The season in Italy starts on Oct. 15th, Japanese 21st, don`t know where Turkish League starts but players will get no rest at all after the ECH, and a lot of them won`t get enough time to practice with their team before the season starts, especially if it is a new team, such as Mihajlovic going to Japan.

Boskovic and Ivan :drink:

• There was an interview with Terzić recently where he opened up a bit more, which he rarely does. And from everything he said, it's obvious he really cares about these girls and how much he believes in them, no matter how cold or grumpy he may seem during the game. He was afraid the team would be too mentally spent after the RG, but that's absolutely not the case, they're all as eager and motivated as ever, the atmosphere is fantastic and they get along great with each other and the coaching staff.*

There are some things he'd like to change about the way Serbia plays. He's aware we'll never be able to play as fast as the Americans, but he'd like to see a more varied attack with more involvement from the MBs instead of playing "peasant volleyball" with two wing spikers getting all the sets. That's how they played against Brazil in the Grand Prix semis, for example, and it made him furious. It's something they'll work on a lot for the ECh.

He also talked about the atmosphere "behind the scenes". The coaches of top NTs are generally very friendly with each other and will often help out one another with various things, such as scouting, fitness routines, injury treatment. Of course, there's also intense rivalry between them, but only of a positive kind.

*Bojana Milenković also said this. She's a newcomer to the team and she said the atmosphere is unlike anything she could imagine. She assumed they had "outgrown" friendships and socializing with each other and that they'd all go their separate ways once they got off the court, but it's nothing like that. They're all very friendly, having fun all the time and it's a pleasure to be there with them.

• There are some things he'd like to change about the way Serbia plays. He's aware we'll never be able to play as fast as the Americans, but he'd like to see a more varied attack with more involvement from the MBs instead of playing "peasant volleyball" with two wing spikers getting all the sets. That's how they played against Brazil in the Grand Prix semis, for example, and it made him furious. It's something they'll work on a lot for the ECh.

He also talked about the atmosphere "behind the scenes". The coaches of top NTs are generally very friendly with each other and will often help out one another with various things, such as scouting, fitness routines, injury treatment. Of course, there's also intense rivalry between them, but only of a positive kind.

*Bojana Milenković also said this. She's a newcomer to the team and she said the atmosphere is unlike anything she could imagine. She assumed they had "outgrown" friendships and socializing with each other and that they'd all go their separate ways once they got off the court, but it's nothing like that. They're all very friendly, having fun all the time and it's a pleasure to be there with them.

The problem with playing with only 2 wing spikers is Zivkovic. She`s the one that plays this lame game and does not know how to use the MBs and Malesevic/Busa. I agree that Busa is still a really weak spiker and she must improve but still, but still they dont get enough sets especially early on, and they will only get sets when they are loosing and under pressure. Serbia must have a 2nd OH that can pass and still kill the ball, too bad Malagurski went full time for OPP in club. I just can`t trust Malesevic, she was benched a lot in Osasco, and her GP`s performance had a lot of up and downs.

I honestly think Terzic should let Zivkovic go and try Radenkovic and Mirkovic with Antonjevic.

I watched the game again against Brazil to see what went wrong.
    In the 2nd set early on Rasic spiked 2 balls out, Boskovic had a free spike but was blocked by Adenizia, also Mihajlovic had a free spike but Brazil defended. They lost 25-23, had they managed to score in any of these plays they could have won.
    3rd set was a total disaster.
    4th set. Unfortunately Milenkovic got blocked twice early on, but at least Antonjevic was doing the right thing is using her right away. And when they got the lead at 22-20, Busa had a passing err :down: And Antojevic made a huge mistake setting Boskovic 3 times in a row in the set point.

The bad thing about Brazil winning is that now Brazil has the upper hand whenever they play against Serbia again. They know Serbia is a strong team but they know they can beat Serbia as long they just play smarter, but if Serbia had won they would not be so sure, and in the womens game the emotional aspect plays a big part.

And that`s why I wanted Serbia to face Brazil in the semi final. Beating Brazil would bust their confidence moving forward in the new Olympic Cycle, too bad things went south :(

• Well, it's just the beginning of the new Olympic cycle. Those two teams are surely going to meet a lot of times before Tokyo. :)

The team has now begun preparations for the ECh. Slađana Mirković and Mina Popović are added to the GP squad. Sanja Malagurski still hasn't recovered from injury and is replaced by Katarina Lazović, but she is expected to join the team in a few days.

They're now heading to the mountain resort of Kopaonik where they'll train in the next two weeks. The men's team was there to wish them a safe trip.

• The men`s and women`s does not train at the same facility center?

And the women`s always train at this mountain resort?

Like in Brazil they have the Saquarena Center ( That is where Serbia went and played 2 games against Brazil before the Olympics). And both men`s and women`s practice over there, also the youth junior teams and some beach players as well I think.

i`m glad Mina Popovic is back, and nice to see Lazovic there as well.

• It's a mistake, she's definitely there.

We don't have a specialized volleyball center like that yet, although it's supposed to be built some time in the future. Usually the NTs gather in Belgrade in order to do medical tests and evaluation trainings and after that the selected players travel some place where they practise and prepare for upcoming competitions. They've been to Kopaonik before, most of the time it's either a mountain or seaside. They often go abroad too, the men's team has just returned from Bosnia, last year the women prepared for the Olympics in Montenegro, they also went to Slovenia in the past.

• It's a mistake, she's definitely there.

We don't have a specialized volleyball center like that yet, although it's supposed to be built some time in the future. Usually the NTs gather in Belgrade in order to do medical tests and evaluation trainings and after that the selected players travel some place where they practise and prepare for upcoming competitions. They've been to Kopaonik before, most of the time it's either a mountain or seaside. They often go abroad too, the men's team has just returned from Bosnia, last year the women prepared for the Olympics in Montenegro, they also went to Slovenia in the past.

Oh ok, thank you for explaining. Yeah if they could built their own center would be great.

Also, I dont see Havlickova on the list, hopefully is just a mistake also.

• Serbia and Turkey will train together in Antalya 7-12 September.

There was an info last week that Rašić had got injured, but there was no furher news about the nature or extent of the injury. Hopefully it wasn't too serious.

Boskovic posted a photo on her instagram with all the girls sitting on a patio. I can see everyone on the photo expect for Rasic.

• maybe Rasic is injured ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game