Serbian NT 2017

• Also Antonijevic was found positive to clenbuterol at the WGP final six.

http://worldofvolley.com/News/…e-substance-as-sylla.html

Same substance as Sylla... there must something wrong with the food they were eating in China.
    Did Italy and Serbia stay in the same hotel by the chance?

• Yes, they were all in the same hotel!
    Now the 'food contamination' seems definitely a strong possibility! And may be if the contaminated meat was given by the hotel (hard to prove, but easy to suspect) they won't even be considered responsible for it (while usually you're considered responsible for ingesting/assuming doping by accident)! 8o

• Would be too much of a coincidence to have 2 players from different federation to be taking the same substance at the same time.

I believe it was food contamination for sure. There were in the same hotel at the same time eating the same food.

• Serbia-Turkey 1-3 in the first friendly game in Antalya. They will play two more, tomorrow and on Monday.

Antonijević is indeed not there and that's very bad news. Even if she's cleared of charges for doping, I doubt it will happen before ECh, which means that Mirković will have to be the back-up setter. :aww:

Poor stats for Mihajlović. She's still struggling with that ankle injury.
    Things really don't look too good at the moment. :S There's still some time left, though, so we'll see.

• Yeah things are not looking good, thank god for myself I really don`t care about ECH. I want everyone to be health and playing their best at the WCH.

Of course this doping is a misunderstanding and Antonjevic will be back as soon she`s cleared.

I prefer Mirkovic over Zinkovic, just look at the stats, Zinkovic played the first 2 sets and Stevanovic got only 3 balls, Mirkovic played last 2 sets and Popovic got 8 sets. Veljekovic got 18 but she played all 4 sets and I would bet mostly of those sets came in the 3rd and 4th sets with Mirkovic on.

and if Mihajlovic is not 100% health she should not even be playing these friendlys, it will just get worse.

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure she won't be cleared before the ECH. Very unfortunate because Zivkovic is such a limited setter and better teams well read her easily. Surprising to see Guldeniz scoring better than Boskovic and Mihajlovic :white:

A few weeks ago Serbia were clear favourites for the ECH but now I'm not so sure... :S

• The news is all over Serbian media now, but there's no new info, basically just rehashing the story from VolleyWood. Serbian volleyball federation is still keeping quiet and it's a bit frustrating now.

The team must be really affected by this, but there's no other way than to keep going.

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure she won't be cleared before the ECH. Very unfortunate because Zivkovic is such a limited setter and better teams well read her easily. Surprising to see Guldeniz scoring better than Boskovic and Mihajlovic :white:

A few weeks ago Serbia were clear favourites for the ECH but now I'm not so sure... :S

I can only explain Guldeniz being such a scorer by Gamze playing first 2 sets. They played in GS together for 2 years and she usually gives extreme quick sets to her leaving her without block or against single block. I guess Serbia was not expecting that to happen and which looks like Guidetti's strategy to beat teams like Serbia and Russia...

• The absence of Antonijeviç is really sad! ;( Finally, she is free of injuries and Maja is not there, it is the perfect time for her to prove herself in NT, but this doping issue ruined everything. I hope she will be cleared out soon!

• Oh God :mad: Get well soon!

Milena Rašić said that she might miss the group matches at ECh, but she's going to play the rest no matter what. I dunno, I don't think they should risk anything. Bigger and more important things are to come from next year on.

• Really sad that Ana won't be playing until everything is clarified and now Zivkovic gpt injured in yesterday's friendly match ;(
    http://odbojka-volleyball.com/…vredila-se-i-zivkoviceva/

I hope everyone will stay healthy.

That`s insane, I can not believe.
    I cant understand what this article is saying, google translate won`t even translate. How bad is her injury?

This reminds of 2011/2012.

I`m worried for the Serbians, they are all getting injured. :wacko:

• Oh God :mad: Get well soon!

Milena Rašić said that she might miss the group matches at ECh, but she's going to play the rest no matter what. I dunno, I don't think they should risk anything. Bigger and more important things are to come from next year on.

Oh God :mad: Get well soon!

I totally agree. World Championship next year will be more important. And playing when u r injured is not good even if is a minor thing, just take Thaiza as a example. One injury leads to another.
    I don`t think Mihajlovic should even play if her ankle is not 100% health.

plus they are all starting club season right after the ECH.