Serbian NT 2017

• I hope Mirkovic can do some wonders at the ECH.

As a fan only started following the team this summer, I don't know much details about the team but I think the OH lineup is weak. I wish Busa and Malesevic would step up their game in offense to share Mihajlovic's responsiblities. SInce they are not the powerhouse hitter type, they should work on developing their skills in attacks.

It seems Mihaljlovic is not in great form due to her injury ;(

• "Tijana and the cheerleaders" :rolll:

• I really don't like how the Antonijević situation is being handled. The Federation hasn't issued any official statement (not a single word), no mention from Terzić or other players, no interviews with her to hear her thoughts on the matter. I assume everyone has been instructed to keep quiet, but I don't think it's the way to go.

Also, yesterday's newspaper report mentioned some unspecified "internal problems" on the team, alongside injuries and the doping affair. I don't really know what it might mean, but I'm starting to have a seriously bad feeling about this ECh. :S

• I really don't like how the Antonijević situation is being handled. The Federation hasn't issued any official statement (not a single word), no mention from Terzić or other players, no interviews with her to hear her thoughts on the matter. I assume everyone has been instructed to keep quiet, but I don't think it's the way to go.

Also, yesterday's newspaper report mentioned some unspecified "internal problems" on the team, alongside injuries and the doping affair. I don't really know what it might mean, but I'm starting to have a seriously bad feeling about this ECh. :S

That`s terrible. And I agree, they should not treat this "doping" as a big deal and keep things quite, they should let Antonijevic talk and tell her side of the history. Hopefully these internal problems won`t affect the team in the long run.

• The ECh squad is announced.

S:
    Bojana Živković
    Slađana Mirković

OPP:
    Tijana Bošković
    Ana Bjelica

OH:
    Brankica Mihajlović
    Tijana Malešević
    Bianka Buša
    Bojana Milenković

MB:
    Milena Rašić
    Stefana Veljković
    Jovana Stevanović
    Mina Popović

L:
    Teodora Pušić
    Jelena Blagojević

Rašić is going, after all, but will probably not play in the beginning. Malagurski again left out. Honestly, if I was her, I'm not sure I'd come back to NT again.

Terzić is complaining that the team has lacked motivation and energy in the last friendly matches, but hopes it will change once the tournament starts.

• Malagurski out again. But it makes more sense this time, she has not been playing well, she`s having a hard time to score. And that is a shame, because she played so well in Turkey and now in Italy. She was TOP 5 score in both leagues, but I guess playing in club is different than playing for the NT. Also I think she feels a lot of pressure playing for Terzic, and that`s why she can`t perform well.
    I feel bad for Antonjevic. And I hope we won`t be watching Boskovic hitting 50% of the balls and Mihajlovic the other 50%, but with Zivkovic that`s probably what we will see.

• If I was Malagurski I'd be furious. There's no way Bjelica deserves that spot ahead of her.

The setter situation is very unfortunate. Mirkovic and injured Zivkovic is not quite the same level as Antonijevic and Ognjenovic :S . Rasic is obviously a brilliant player but Serbia are lucky to have such great MBs that they can cover for her OK, still I hope she is back near to full fitness by the time the QFs start. Mihajlovic's slight injury and poor form is a big concern IMO. With the usual reception difficulties Serbia need Boskovic and Mihajlovic to play well to beat the other top teams.

Even though Group D is tough, there should be no difficulty reaching the QFs. Even if Serbia only finish 3rd in the group they will probably only have to play Croatia in the playoff round. By that point they had better have their motivation and energy back completely or they will be knocked out of the tournament.

• I don't think Rasic played that good during the GP.. I mean we're all used to her being a beast, and when she plays just okay, it's not enough.. similar as Akinradewo.. However Veljkovic has always been great, whenever she got the chance to play.. And I'm really glad to see her play, considering she's my favorite Serbian player after Antonijevic.. Pity not her nor Rasic can hit the slide, otherwise they would rock together

• As much as I like Malagurski (or rather the player she once was?), I can't blame Terzic for this decision. She just didn't deliver...

Obviously Bjelica wasn't much better, but someone needs to back up Boskovic and I think I would have gone with Bjelica as well.

• I agree Malagurski didn't deliver, but at least she has in the past and I believe she still can judging by her quite impressive performance last season. When has Bjelica ever looked like she can play at an elite level?

• I guess the poor performance against Bulgaria is what sealed Malagurski's fate. I'm just not sure it's the right move to take the obviously unfit Rašić over another back-up hitter. Let's face it, Veljković and Stevanović are going to play 99% of the time (barring new injuries, of course), but we could do with some extra variety among hitters, especially considering a lot of them are not fully fit and/or are in poor shape. Although, that would probably be a more relevant issue if Terzić would still consider having Malagurski play as OH at least part-time, which he's apparently not.

But I feel terrible for Sanja because she was so looking forward to the NT season this year and so determined to make an impact this time... It must be heartbreaking.

• But I feel terrible for Sanja because she was so looking forward to the NT season this year and so determined to make an impact this time... It must be heartbreaking.

Definitely with you on this one ;(

And it still hurts me to think about what her career could have looked like without all the injuries :S

• Is Radenkovic out of picture for terzic? I haven't watched Mirkovic yet, is she really better than Radenkovic? :teach: