You are not logged in.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male
  • "Matthias" started this thread

Friday, August 18th 2017, 1:05pm

19 players are training in Schwerin for ECH preparation. Dora Grozer is out, she hasn't fully recovered yet from a knee injury earlier in summer. Lisa Izquierdo joins the team for the first time this summer after recovering from an ankle injury and Berit Kauffeldt is back after a hand surgery. Lisa Gründing apparently left a good impression in the few days she was with the team before WGP because she was invited again. Koslowski intends to reduce the team to 16 players for the matches against Turkey in 2 weeks.

S: Denise Hanke, Irina Kemmsies, Lena Möllers
OPP: Louisa Lippmann, Kimberly Drewniok
OH: Maren Fromm, Jennifer Geerties, Jana Franziska Poll, Tanja Großer, Lisa Izquierdo, Lena Stigrot (also OPP)
MB: Marie Schölzel, Leonie Schwertmann, Jennifer Pettke, Barbara Wezorke, Berit Kauffeldt, Lisa Gründing
L: Lenka Dürr, Anna Pogany

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, August 25th 2017, 1:46pm

Koslowski has reduced the team to 15 players and has cut Lena Möllers, Lisa Izquierdo, Berit Kauffeldt and Barbara Wezorke. Newcomer Lisa Gründing is still there :white: She must be doing really well in training to be picked over Kauffeldt and Wezorke. Next Friday the team has an official friendly match against Turkey in Schwerin, followed by two inofficial training matches on the weekend. One more player has to be cut before ECH.

Current roster
S: Hanke, Kemmsies
OPP: Lippmann, Drewniok
OH: Fromm, Geerties, Poll, Großer, Stigrot (also OPP)
MB: Schölzel, Pettke, Schwertmann, Gründing
L: Dürr, Pogany

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 11:15pm

As mentioned in the transfer news topic, Lisa Izquierdo suffered a season-ending knee injury some weeks ago when she was preparing for the season in Romania. On DVV site she says that she managed to destroy everything in her knee (ACL, meniscus and two more ligaments) and she can't play volleyball for 9-12 months, depending on how well her recovery goes :white:
That means no NT for her next year and I have a feeling that she'll only return as a shadow of her former self :S She has always been a player who relied a lot on her jumping ability and with such a bad injury I just don't see her coming back as the same player. Plus, already now she has a few pounds too much, so a year without volleyball might not do her good in that sense either...

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 1:05pm

As mentioned in the transfer news topic, Lisa Izquierdo suffered a season-ending knee injury some weeks ago when she was preparing for the season in Romania. On DVV site she says that she managed to destroy everything in her knee (ACL, meniscus and two more ligaments) and she can't play volleyball for 9-12 months, depending on how well her recovery goes :white:
That means no NT for her next year and I have a feeling that she'll only return as a shadow of her former self :S She has always been a player who relied a lot on her jumping ability and with such a bad injury I just don't see her coming back as the same player. Plus, already now she has a few pounds too much, so a year without volleyball might not do her good in that sense either...

Really sad to hear! I always thought She and Geerties will be OH duo in German NT for many years, with so many injuries she won't the same player anymore :S

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 6:06pm

I was very surprised and also sceptical when she decided to go to Italy with just 18 years but she is using her chances really well so far. Looks like we might finally get some good OHs in NT, besides Orthmann there are Lina Alsmeier (2000) and Emma Cyris (2001) who get a fair amount of playing time in Bundesliga this season and make a good impression.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Monday, December 18th 2017, 4:13pm

Louisa Lippmann has been elected player of the year by the readers of Volleyball Magazin.

Very justified choice :flower:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez, Neriman, Meryem, Fatma

Thursday, January 25th 2018, 1:41pm

Remember when @JoanaBG said Germany is like the Caroline Wozniacki of volleyball which I agreed on. Because even though she/German NT both are 'limited' when compared to big teams/players they always at least put a fight on don't go home without a battle :box: Well when Wozniacki made the final of the Australian Open yesterday it made me remember that comparison again. And who knows what Germany can do in a few years if they keep pushing :D

Social bookmarks