Polish NT 2017

• Sorry but it's not right time for checking players, it was done last year. Now we have WCH qualies, ECH and we should bring our best and not invite some players and ser If they can play. The count is easy- Polak is far worse than Mucha, Mędrzyk, Smarzek, Grejman and probably even Damaske/Grajber/Twardowska/Krzywicka. In NT only best players should play and not young and talented eventhough she is not young anymore.

• Polak was in NT in 2013 if I remember good.. but she didnt get many chances and she was injured if I remember right..after that she was destroyed in Wroclaw, dissapeared, went to Italy, came back to Palac, played bad and went to Italy again..for spiking skills, in that 2010-11 she was better for sure than Mucha now, but I didnt see her this season, so I dont know if she is in shape from 2010-11, but stats look good

• Official NT list reduced to 32 players:

Setters: Joanna Wołosz, Marlena Pleśnierowicz, Alicja Grabka, Ewelina Tobiasz, Ewelina Polak
    Opposites: Katarzyna Zaroślińska, Berenika Tomsia, Monika Bociek (also OH)
    Outside Hitters: Natalia Mędrzyk, Emilia Mucha, Malwina Smarzek (also OP), Martyna Grajber, Julia Twardowska, Tamara Kaliszuk (also OP), Patrycja Polak, Roksana Brzóska, Magdalena Stysiak (also OP), Natalia Murek, Oliwia Różański, Oliwia Bałuk
    Middle Blockers: Monika Ptak, Gabriela Polańska, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Maja Tokarska, Aleksandra Sikorska, Zuzanna Efimienko-Młotkowska, Ewa Kwiatkowska, Małgorzata Jasek (also OP), Klaudia Alagierska
    Liberos: Aleksandra Krzos, Agata Witkowska, Maria Stenzel

No Izabela Bełcik (S), Magdalena Damaske (OH), Anna Grejman (OH), Aleksandra Wójcik (OH), Kamila Ganszczyk (MB), Paulina Maj-Erwardt (L), Agata Sawicka (L)

IMHO Damaske, Ganszczyk and Maj are the biggest losses, Sawicka absence is reasonable agter her serious injury :wavy:

Source: http://www.pzps.pl/Sklad-Kadry-Narodowej-PZPS-seniorek.html

choosing 14 from these:
    S: Wołosz, Pleśnierowicz
    OP: Zaroślińska, Tomsia
    OH: Mędrzyk, Mucha, Smarzek, Grajber
    MB: Ptak, Polańska, Kąkolewska, Tokarska
    L: Witkowska, Krzos

There are also 4 training partners: Weronika Wołodko (S), Marta Matejko (OP), Natalia Lijewska (OH), Weronika Szlagowska (OH)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 3 times, last by kondzio ().

• Propably the strongest roster that could be. Im wondering why Damaske and Grejman arent in but I heard that they are not health at all...

• Damaske is struggling with injuries, while Grejman didn't come back to Muszynianka's roster what assumes that she may be not helalthy :S

• As I said before Patrycja Polak would play in NT :D
    So sad there are no Łukasik sisters :down: Or Monika Fedusio. I think Julia Szczurowska deserves more to play than Bałuk.

• I heard that Ganszczyk may undergo surgery and that's reason why she's not called :wavy:

• S: Wołosz, Pleśnierowicz
    OPP: Tomsia, Zaroślińska
    MB: Kąkolewska, Ptak, Polańska, Tokarska
    OH: Smarzek, Mucha, Mędrzyk, Stysiak/Twardowska/Grajber
    L: Krzos, Witkowska

I'm really sorry that Ganszczyk, Damaske and Łukasik sisters aren't in the wide roster. :down:

• I found explanation what's with Ganszczyk - "Kama just can't move her arm since month" said Magda Śliwa during season summary of Tauron Dąbrowa Górnicza :teach: it was mentioned when they talked why club doesn't want to inform about injuries in club

• another rumour says that Paulina Maj-Erwardt may think about getting child ^^

• Jacek Nawrocki announced wide roster for WCH qualification tournament

Setters: Joanna Wołosz, Marlena Pleśnierowicz, Ewelina Tobiasz, Ewelina Polak
    Opposites: Monika Bociek, Malwina Smarzek (!), Berenika Tomsia, Tamara Kaliszuk (also OH)
    OHs: Roksana Brzóska, Martyna Grajber, Natalia Mędrzyk, Emilia Mucha, Patrycja Polak, Olivia Różanski
    MBs: Zuzanna Efimienko-Młotkowska, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Gabriela Polańska, Maja Tokarska, Ewa Kwiatkowska
    Liberos: Aleksandra Krzos, Agata Witkowska, Maria Stenzel

No Zaroslinska, Twardowska, Ptak, Grabka

• Tbh I'm fed up with Polish Federation and spending all the money and attention to male team. At least they could leave Świderek as coach, but he wanted to have too long camps for them to finance... Right now it's only waiting for miracle and another talents like Smarzek or Damaske will be wasted.

These calls are so stupid that it's even hard to explain them. But let's try...

Tobiasz spent whole season on bench, Polak didn't show anything to call her. Smarzek changed the position for the whole season to OH becasue of Nawrocki and now he calls her as OPP... congrats.

Brzóska, Polak and Różański? I don't know. Brzóska was decent, but nothing superb. All in all misunderstanding.

Efimienko was really bad in Italy and gets the call, while Ptak was amazing this season and is out. Kwiatkowska is 180cm MB.

I don't know what this guy is thinking, but what is happening is just ridiculous.

• I totally agree with You. We have just started a new Olympic cycle, so why Nawrocki called players like Kwiatkowska, Brzóska or Polak (both). They are not spectacular, young or tall and they have no international experience. I'd prefer to see Smieszek, Łukasik sisters or even Moskwa. I think we will have troubles to beat Czech Republic, i dont want to say anything about Serbia because its seems to be impossible.

• In an interview Nawrocki said that Zaroślińska is out because of wedding and Ptak due to personal reasons for WCH Q. But they are in a roster for other events.

It's really hard to say what to expect as all depends on OH and opp position. Wołosz, Witkowska, Kakolewska and Tokarska are almost sure to be starters. So basically now it is a question of Mucha, Mędrzyk and Tomsia/Bociek performance. First friendly match against Belgium is May 16 or 17.

• well, it's good that Zaroślińska or Ptak aren't totally out of the picture :D comparison with Belgium should say a little bit more where's team position now

• To add
    Kwiatkowska is not tall but she had decent season. I'm from Łódź so I saw like 90% of the ŁKS games. She has good jump, quick hand really powerfull jump serve so she is decent. While not being tall she is really quick and that's a good factor in her game.

• To add
    Kwiatkowska is not tall but she had decent season. I'm from Łódź so I saw like 90% of the ŁKS games. She has good jump, quick hand really powerfull jump serve so she is decent. While not being tall she is really quick and that's a good factor in her game.

To add

Okay she might be decent in terms of polish games but not enough for european or international tournaments

• players are on NT camp in Szczyrk, surprisingly on official list from PZPS there is only one Setter there :what: did they forget about Wołosz, Tobiasz and Polak or do they have to train with different players ?( fortunately Smarzek is training as OH, not as OP :wavy: maybe they made some mistakes writing lists with players :D

there's no Ewa Kwiatkowska and Maria Stenzel, while Maja Tokarska will join team after CWCH, meanwhile Aleksandra Sikorska and Oliwia Bałuk not present on WCH Q list are there...