Polish NT 2017

• Polańska, Tokarska and Kaliszuk won't play in World Grand Prix.
    Polish roster:
    Opps: Berenika Tomsia, Monika Bociek, Małgorzata Jasek

OHs: Patrycja Polak, Martyna Grajber, Natalia Mędrzyk, Roksana Brzoska, Julia Twardowska, Malwina Smarzek, Olivia Różański

Setters: Ewelina Tobiasz, Ewelina Polak, Joanna Wołosz, Marlena Pleśnierowicz,

MBs: Klaudia Alagierska, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Zuzanna Efimienko, Aleksandra Sikorska

Liberos: Aleksandra Krzos, Agata Witkowska, Maria Stenzel

• I don't count on anything, anyway I expect we won't qualify to higher division... moreover I worry that we won't reach QF during ECH ;( I hope that they can find more reliable coach, this serie during tie break vs Czech Republic is just unbelievable :cursing: :mad:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I don't count on anything, anyway I expect we won't qualify to higher division... moreover I worry that we won't reach QF during ECH ;( I hope that they can find more reliable coach, this serie during tie break vs Czech Republic is just unbelievable :cursing: :mad:

I was broken when we lost to WCH 2014, but not after last weekend lost. This was everything what we could do. And the question is - after loosing in WGP and ECH would we have a new coach?

I'm happy that I won't see Kaliszuk and Polańska, this is time wasting. Hope to see some young potential.

• Jerzy Matlak (ex-NT coach) claims that league is too big (it should have around 10 more balanced teams) and closing it was a mistake. Moreover he thinks that too many generation changes had impact too. He doesn't want to fire Nawrocki, but there must be a time when coach accounts for team's results. He also mentioned going abroad, players can learn there, but not many of them will leave country.

As far as remeber, Matlak began collapse of our NT :lol: this weird situation during WCH 2010 when Skowrońska and Skorupa were cut from NT at the end, then we had Świderek - I'm still angry that they fired him :mad: and then Makowski and Nawrocki :thumbdown:

source: http://eurosport.onet.pl/siatk…ie-odmladzac-kadry/78ww83

• He's not entirely wrong, though. Poland is a team without any concept going back at least 5 years. I don't think there's another team that tries out so many different players - it feels like every single local player from Orlen Liga was a part of the NT at some point. :what: That's not the way to go, you need some continuity and long term planning. Serbia went through something similar in 2009-10 when Terzić would bring in new no-hopers all the time and of course we had the worst results then.
    Not to mention that Poland seems to eternally be going back and forth between "rejuveneting the team" and bringing back the dinosaurs like Jagielo and Pycia. That just creates more confusion.

• He's not entirely wrong, though. Poland is a team without any concept going back at least 5 years. I don't think there's another team that tries out so many different players - it feels like every single local player from Orlen Liga was a part of the NT at some point. :what: That's not the way to go, you need some continuity and long term planning. Serbia went through something similar in 2009-10 when Terzić would bring in new no-hopers all the time and of course we had the worst results then.
    Not to mention that Poland seems to eternally be going back and forth between "rejuveneting the team" and bringing back the dinosaurs like Jagielo and Pycia. That just creates more confusion.

Right to the point. Important thing you also covered in your post is selection.

Because each event since 2014 WCH qualification is played with different starting line-up. How is it supposed to work? Of course sometimes one player has improved or is playing worse and second one is injured so the changes are required. It's ok, but not changing 4 players of the 7 every time and for example MBs on daily basis in one tournament! It's sick. That's one thing.

Second is calling players who are not young and talented. Nawrocki just can't see who has potential to be great player and who doesn't. For example we have Lukasik and Smieszek who are young MBs playing good in OrlenLiga, but he calls Alagierska and Sikorska who are sitting on the bench or playing average. He complaints we have no power, but calls Polak or Brzoska and not Rasinska or Baczynska or even Kowalinska. There is no logic.

Now he didn't call Tokarska and nobody knows why. Mucha absence is still a mistery.

It's like a big mess.

• that's reasons why PZPS should fire him after this season :wavy:
    Joana, I didn't said that Matlak is entirely wrong ^^ just menntioned when slow way to collapse started ^^ probably throughout these years since 2010, around 70:!: players were in NT, I somewhere put some kind of list :lol:

• any news on roster for Montreux ?(

• According to doctors, she won't play ECH also because it means she is few months out. So now the situation is even worse and we will play with Grajber and Smarzek as OHs probably, but still we advanced to WGP I so it's not that bad, some players like Tomsia will be back as well.

Maybe at least for ECH Mucha can be back...

• Natalia Mędrzyk is injured. She won't play at WGP.

What a pity :white: she was very important player at this moment for our NT. So for 1st week of wgp we have only 3 OH? ( Smarzek, Grajber and Polak)

• What a pity :white: she was very important player at this moment for our NT. So for 1st week of wgp we have only 3 OH? ( Smarzek, Grajber and Polak)

maybe they'll add Twardowska or Różański :wavy: Smarzek can be used as OP like in Montreux :whistle:

• Brzoska will be 4th OH.
    If I remember correctly, Twardowska is injured.

• Brzoska will be 4th OH.
    If I remember correctly, Twardowska is injured.

Twardowska recovered after ankle injury at the beginning of June and joined the camp in Szczyrk, where some girls were preparing for WGP. I don't know what was the point of that if as we can see none of them made a cut to 14 players roster. I don't know what Nawrocki want to achieve with taking for example Brzóska, which is not and won't be NT material.

• Twardowska recovered after ankle injury at the beginning of June and joined the camp in Szczyrk, where some girls were preparing for WGP. I don't know what was the point of that if as we can see none of them made a cut to 14 players roster. I don't know what Nawrocki want to achieve with taking for example Brzóska, which is not and won't be NT material.

I agree, anoyone knows what's with Grejman? She's recovered after injury, she should work her ass off to be back in a shape , but I guess, she prefers to spend summer vacation with Kurek. She could make it on ECH :down:

• I agree, anoyone knows what's with Grejman? She's recovered after injury, she should work her ass off to be back in a shape , but I guess, she prefers to spend summer vacation with Kurek. She could make it on ECH :down:

I dont want to be rude, but in my opinion she doesnt interesting as much to play in NT, but maybe Im wrong...

• Nothing to worry about. Our team will play average as always, we will have to see these embarrassing coach and some of the players again. Next year will will play in 1st division, so only thing to worry about is coach change. Should be done asap!

• Nothing to worry about. Our team will play average as always, we will have to see these embarrassing coach and some of the players again. Next year will will play in 1st division, so only thing to worry about is coach change. Should be done asap!

agree, nothing to add more :aww:

Really in 1st decision?! Is something change for next year in wgp?

• Really in 1st decision?! Is something change for next year in wgp?

yes, it's official :wavy:
    it was mentioned HERE