2017 / 2018 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Motta is the new head coach of Eczacibasi VitrA.

http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/…p?cid=08&id=33217&topic=2

Great news!! :cheesy: I couldn't think of any better options. It was already a mistake to let him go before anyway :rolleyes:

• I hope Robinson will come to FB SK.
    Kim-Natalia-Kelsey It could be very good team.Robinson is complete player offense and defence.Also Kim same.
    If Naz continue We can take Cagla

Ezgi(Cagla)
    Kim-Kelsey
    Eda-Dicle(Bahar)
    Natalia
    Melis(Merve)

• Why is Akinradewo moving to Japan? She already played two seasons in an uncompetitive Swiss league, only to move to another? Not to take anything away from the Japs, but she has really no competition there. At least in Europe, she can test her skills against similarly-sized opponents. Her blocking skills will regress further. She is definitely one of the very best MBs when it comes to attack, but IMO she can never be on the level of Rasic or Thaisa (pre-injury) as the latter two are excellent not only in attack but also in block. No wonder she is being used as "OPP" in USA NT by Karch. I hope she stays only one season in Asia, and look for a more competitive club on her next transfer.

• Why is Akinradewo moving to Japan? She already played two seasons in an uncompetitive Swiss league, only to move to another? Not to take anything away from the Japs, but she has really no competition there. At least in Europe, she can test her skills against similarly-sized opponents. Her blocking skills will regress further. She is definitely one of the very best MBs when it comes to attack, but IMO she can never be on the level of Rasic or Thaisa (pre-injury) as the latter two are excellent not only in attack but also in block. No wonder she is being used as "OPP" in USA NT by Karch. I hope she stays only one season in Asia, and look for a more competitive club on her next transfer

Probably because she knows that her chance of participating the next OG is very narrow because of her age and she cares more about her life quality than the competitiveness.

• Natalia leave Fenerbahce - is the rumor true? Too bad because Natalia-Kim-Nootsara was an amazing trio. Where is she going to play? She has been playing her best so far in Turkey. Maube she will return to Brazil but which club will hire her? Maybe she will play for Coach Ze again with that new club. I wish she could go back to Rexona so the Naty-Gabi duo can play together again but Drussyla has earned her spot as starting six.

• Probably because she knows that her chance of participating the next OG is very narrow because of her age and she cares more about her life quality than the competitiveness.

Well Foluke is 29.. not 39.. People should stop treating players in their early thirties like they are elderly people.. Scott Arruda was 39(!) when she played in London.. Apart from that, I don't see a better MB than her in the US squad, so I'm sure she'll make the roster for te next Olympics..

Considering her choice to play in Japan, I also disagree with that.. She has already played there, knows the league and the culture, if she chose to go because of such reasons.. I'm sure Turkish clubs wanted to sign her, or even Italy, she hasn't played there.. And btw she's not playing as second OPP for the NT because she sucks at blocking, she sucks at blocking because all Karch did was focus on their offense.. Foluke has never been a great blocker, that's for sure, but with Hugh she did manage to improve in that department and was pretty dominant..

• Polina Rahimova visited Turkey just before going to Baku/Azerbaijan for NT season btw. Who knows, maybe it is just for holidays or maybe she signed with a club? I know she also had rumours in Brazil.

• Rumor about ITA MB Simona Gioli in Foppa Bergamo. OMG!!!! T_T

Nootsara Tomkom in Serie A1 2017/18 with a club? ( Conegliano / Bergamo )

Foppa Bergamo 2017/18

??? ( Tomkom ) - Tomsia

Sylla - ??? ( Tirozzi )

Popovic - ??? ( Gioli )

Cardullo

Conegliano 2017/18

??? ( Tomkom ) - ??? ( Fabris )

??? ( Hill ) - ??? ( Hodge )

Folie - ??? ( Belien )

De Gennaro

• If Novara wants Skorupa as setter and I'd prefer Bauer or Akinradewo for MB because Skorupa is a setter who likes playing a lot with MB and Heyrman is okay but about Gibbemeyer I am not sure :whistling:

• Rumors about the new/old Pesaro team on next season.
    They want Ferreti, Manzano and Costagrande (about their history in club)and the german MB Furst again. The young libero De Bortoli from Club Italia will join to.

Ferreti/???
    Costagrande/ ???
    Furst/Manzano
    De Bortoli

• If Novara wants Skorupa as setter and I'd prefer Bauer or Akinradewo for MB because Skorupa is a setter who likes playing a lot with MB and Heyrman is okay but about Gibbemeyer I am not sure :whistling:

Bauer? She is no way near the top MBs nowadays.. Of course Akinradewo would be a better optin than Gibbemeyer, but Gibby ia a better blocker.. She has been pretty useful in Pomi, although this season she is quite inconsistent.. but I don't think she is to be underestimated