Russian NT 2017

• Btw I see a lot of this Meldonium was perfectly legal before 2016 etc almost justifying the use of it for healthy athletes. The reason for that is: Meldonium is originally a cure to heart disease and used as a treatment for unhealthy people hence why it only got banned recently after lots of players have been suspected to use it (esp. Russians) for non-medicinal reasons in all sports. Meldonium on healthy people has serious effects and can be a game changer as the ex-Soviet even used it for war purposes. I am just saying meldonium is a very real and very effective and non natural DRUG when used on healthy people. And there is clear difference between using a drug and improving your general health.

I am not saying any of you mean any of this btw but I have seen people using it as an excuse and acting like its not a real drug since it only recently got banned while the reasons for that are way different as I explained. Just clearing things up... ;)

• Russia to announce the name of the next coach of the national team on January 18.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…l-team-on-january-18.html

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Oh dear. A certain setter now has a decent chance to regain her spot as starting setter of NT :roll:

But other than that I think it's a decent decision. He has a lot of experience and knows all Russian players well.

She played her best volleyball under her father, so let's see what happens. She's the main reason why Russia didn't look old style school when they won the ECH few years ago, playing a quite enjoyable volley, which is something I never saw before from the most boring NT in the world. I have no prejudices.

• Pankov seems gentler with her daughter. Criticism is very important in setters. Ofcourse he may try to say it after the game but I believe coaches would rather say it while they are in the game. :rolll: I would prefer if he works with his son Pavel like Bernandiho with Bruno. Males usually are less sensitive with criticism in my opinion. I'm not trying to be a sexist but it's a general observation of mine. Women can be too sensitive. This is probably why I like Brazilian female players. It doesn't matter if they get yelled at... they still play no mattet what. :win:

Well, at the very least he benches her when she plays bad. :whistle:

Anyway... Kosianenko seems very predictable nowadays. I don't see how it will work with her considering Russia's reception. If he can fix that then she has a chance... I still prefer if he moves forward with Romanova though. Seems like a talent that may surpass Startseva and the other russian setters of today.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Pankov seems gentler with her daughter. Criticism is very important in setters. Ofcourse he may try to say it after the game but I believe coaches would rather say it while they are in the game. :rolll: I would prefer if he works with his son Pavel like Bernandiho with Bruno. Males usually are less sensitive with criticism in my opinion. I'm not trying to be a sexist but it's a general observation of mine. Women can be too sensitive. This is probably why I like Brazilian female players. It doesn't matter if they get yelled at... they still play no mattet what. :win:

Well, at the very least he benches her when she plays bad. :whistle:

Conpletely irrelevant info this and a bit annoying so I had to respond.
    'I don't want to be sexist but I'm going to be sexist for a sec'

Lol whats this based on, are you both female and male (I don't judge 2 K 1 8 ) if not then no need to make such a statement. Critique from a father can be hard on both daughters and sons but males generally tend to hide their emotions more. In general it would have the same impact in the long run. If anything a son would be bothered more as the most important person to a child is generally his/her same sex parent. :whistle:

Anyway on topic: honestly I didn't want to see more Pankova but at this early stage I guess its best for us to not judge yet and see what he can do. One thing is sure, he's not a bad coach.

• Conpletely irrelevant info this and a bit annoying so I had to respond.
    'I don't want to be sexist but I'm going to be sexist for a sec'

Lol whats this based on, are you both female and male (I don't judge 2 K 1 8 ) if not then no need to make such a statement. Critique from a father can be hard on both daughters and sons but males generally tend to hide their emotions more. In general it would have the same impact in the long run. If anything a son would be bothered more as the most important person to a child is generally his/her same sex parent. :whistle:

Anyway on topic: honestly I didn't want to see more Pankova but at this early stage I guess its best for us to not judge yet and see what he can do. One thing is sure, he's not a bad coach.

It's based on my experiences working in a field that requires me to have social interaction with different people from all walks of life.. I've seen enough to see how women in a team works with each other versus a team of men together. Team USA has to be the number one for that. :rolll:

It's funny you are asking me if I am a man and a woman though. It doesn't make sense that you have to ask that. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• But with Vadim Pankov at the helm, her daughter, everyone's favorite-to-hate Pankova will be titular again :whistle:

So it finally came to pass. Everybody loves an underdog. Pankova shitting on your faves :lol:

But seriously, if she has good tutelage from her father no less, then maybe there's something good to it after all. I wonder how the team dynamics will be since basically she was booted out of Moscow as the starting setter. Interesting who will be the second setter for Russian NT.

• So it finally came to pass. Everybody loves an underdog. Pankova shitting on your faves :lol:

But seriously, if she has good tutelage from her father no less, then maybe there's something good to it after all. I wonder how the team dynamics will be since basically she was booted out of Moscow as the starting setter. Interesting who will be the second setter for Russian NT.

I want drama when Pankov doesn't call her beloved daughter to NT. :box:

#FreeBritney