You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 2:05pm

18 players in training camp:

Setter: Vera Vetrova, Ekaterina Pankova, Irina Filishtinskaya
Opposite hitter: Natalia Goncharova, Anna Lazareva
Outside hitter: Tatiana Kosheleva, Irina Voronkova, Maria Frolova, Yana Shcherban, Yulia Kutyukova, Angelina Sperskayte, Ksenia Parubets (Ilchenko),
Middle Blocker: Ekaterina Efimova, Irina Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Irina Fetisova, Ekaterina Polyakova
Libero: Alla Galkina, Ekaterina Tretyakova

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 5:26pm

Why is Pankova there? C'mon she had a disastrous year.

Startseva being cut. I have no idea. Startseva had a so-so year in her club but that's probably got to do with her club moving away from retired Gamova imo.

Is that why Pankova still got a ticket in the pool? I honestly hope they give Vetrova the starter status. Moscow lost a lot of games by insisting on starting Pankova.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:26pm

According to Russiavolley, Startseva asked for a break due to family reasons and will join the team later for Yeltsin Cup. Anna Malova won't play NT this summer and also skips next season in Moscow.

• "Dinamo Chick" is female

Favourite Team: Dinamo Kazan, Dinamo Moscow, Eczacibasi VitrA, Galatasaray

Favourite Players: Goncharova, Poljak, Startseva, Kosheleva, Neslihan Demir

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 8:55am

Yana Shcherban will not take part in WCQ due to her recent injury. She supposedly twisted her ankle.

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 9:39am

Yana Shcherban will not take part in WCQ due to her recent injury. She supposedly twisted her ankle.

Russia could play with a U20 team and still qualify...

• "Dinamo Chick" is female

Favourite Team: Dinamo Kazan, Dinamo Moscow, Eczacibasi VitrA, Galatasaray

Favourite Players: Goncharova, Poljak, Startseva, Kosheleva, Neslihan Demir

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 2:40pm

Russia could play with a U20 team and still qualify...
Can't agree more!!!

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 6:27pm

Why is Pankova there? C'mon she had a disastrous year.

According to WoV she's one of the best setters of the world atm :rolll:

• "canhotorodrigo" is male

Favourite Team: Rússia NT, USA NT, Brazil NT, Itália NT.

Favourite Players: André Nascimento, Micah Christenson, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitriy Muserskiy, Aaron Russell, Tatiana Kosheleva, Kseniia Ilchenko, Ilya Vlasov, Kelsey Robinson

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 2:50pm

Good news for all lovers of Russian volleyball!

The international federation (FIVB) has released the official list of the 21 players who will represent Russia in WGP 2017, and Ekaterina Pankova is out!

The player who has # 10 is Petrova, the opposite player!

Numbers like # 15 and # 8 are missing from the list because Kosheleva and Goncharova will have vacations, but if Pankova was also on vacation, his # 10 number would not be there, but he is. That is, Pankova really is not in the plans of the new coach of Russia, and is only playing the European Qualifier because Startseva requested a short pause to take care of personal problems.

I've never liked Pankova, she's terrible! I'm happy for Russia!

Here is Russia's complete list for WGP 2017:

Setters:

#3 - Irina Filishtinskaia
#9 - Vera Vetrova
#13 - Evgeniya Startseva
#22 - Tatiana Romanova

Opposites:

#4 - Daria Malygina
#7 - Anna Lazareva
#10 - Ekaterina Petrova

Middle Blockers:

#6 - Irina Zaryazhko
#14 - Irina Fetisova
#17 - Ekaterina Polyakova
#19 - Ekaterina Evdokimova
#21 - Ekaterina Efimova

Spikers:

#1 - Yana Shcherban
#2 - Mariia Frolova
#5 - Iuliia Kutiukova
#16 - Irina Voronkova
#18 - Kseniia Parubets
#20 - Angelina Sperskaite

Líberos:

#11 - Ekaterina Tretyakova
#12 - Alla Galkina

The list: http://worldgrandprix.2017.fivb.com/en/g…sia/team_roster

:super:

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 2:55pm

I can't believe they even considered her. :gone:
I wish her the best though. Poor girl suffered enough with the online abuse when the coach is still pushing for her despite being in such a bad form. Can't blame the fans though for their behaviour. They have to say as it is in order for change to happen.

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 3:13pm

I have never liked Pankova. She has never been a good setter to begin with. Her defense is tragic and her sets are tragic. I don't understand why she is the starting setter. Russia could do wonders with only Kosheleva and Goncharova but Pankova ruined that. Thank God she is no longer on the team.

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 3:45pm

As always people's opinions here change overnight.. Let's get back to 2013 when Russia won their first European gold, ater many years.. Pankova won the best setter award, and many many people praised her, not only here, but everywhere (I thought Weiss deserved the award more than her, however Pankova was a big reason for that success) Russia came out playing fast, playing with the middles, doing some combination plays, and caught everyone off guard.. Ognjenovic even said in a interview that they were very surprised and unprepared for such fast game by Russia.. However after that season, her level kept going down, both in the NT and in her club.. Then the negative coments and haterism started
My point is, in sports it's normal to have players in better or worse shapes on different periods of their career.. Their level of play can change, but the opinion for them as a player overall shouldn't.. So you can't say Pankova is a world star setter, and a year after that she is the worst setter Russia had..

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 3:56pm

I'm personally very happy that she is out. I know your comment was not towards me per se but I for example never said or could say she is a world star setter. In my opinion her style and how she generally played always had been horrible except for maybe a few tournaments. Yes she had her days but honestly, she had way more bad then good days. Anyway the coaches seem to agree as she is out and that is what matters in the end.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 5:17pm

As always people's opinions here change overnight.. Let's get back to 2013 when Russia won their first European gold, ater many years.. Pankova won the best setter award, and many many people praised her, not only here, but everywhere (I thought Weiss deserved the award more than her, however Pankova was a big reason for that success) Russia came out playing fast, playing with the middles, doing some combination plays, and caught everyone off guard.. Ognjenovic even said in a interview that they were very surprised and unprepared for such fast game by Russia.. However after that season, her level kept going down, both in the NT and in her club.. Then the negative coments and haterism started
My point is, in sports it's normal to have players in better or worse shapes on different periods of their career.. Their level of play can change, but the opinion for them as a player overall shouldn't.. So you can't say Pankova is a world star setter, and a year after that she is the worst setter Russia had..
Thank you :flower:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers how Pankova was "the best setter Russia had since Kirillova" in 2013 and now she's the worst they ever had :roll:

harboboy

Professional

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 11:30am

Did I miss it or why is not Malykh in the roster?

nnnneil0929

Intermediate

• "nnnneil0929" is male

Favourite Team: Women's: Korea, Japan, Thailand, China, USA Men's: USA, Canada, & Korea

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon Koung, Risa Shinnabe, Saori Kimura, Nootsara Tomkom, Yang Hyojin, Nataliya Goncharova, Lonneke Sloetjes, Carli Lloyd, Jovana Stevanovic, Matt Anderson, Moon Sungmin, Gavin Schmitt, Taylor Sander, Tyler/TJ Sanders, Gord Perrin, Max Holt

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 12:27pm

No Ilchenko too?
FIGHTING! :super:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 12:56pm

Parubets = Ilchenko.

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Monday, June 5th 2017, 9:23pm

Russia needs a tall, young OH. Shcherban and Ilchenko are below 185cm, and that is not going to cut it for a team like Russia that relies heavily on their block. They already have an offensive OH in Voronkova, 1.90. I'm not too familiar with the game of Angelina Sperskaite,1.88. Is she promising? Can she help with the reception? Lastly, I'm surprised their brightest prospect, Lazarenko was not invited to play in the WGP.

paerma2

Beginner

• "paerma2" started this thread

Monday, June 12th 2017, 9:38am

http://m.sport-express.ru/volleyball/rev…oblema-1267362/
interview for vova kuztukin,who can translate?

LLOYD

Intermediate

Monday, June 12th 2017, 11:19am

He said that he didnt invite Goncharova, Kosheleva, Serban and Pankova to WGP and Yeltsin Cup. They will join to NT in August for European Champiomship and in WGP he will give a chance to young players like Romanova and players with more experience like Frolova and Kutikova. Unfortunately, he said we still have players with injury like Malygina, Kotikova and Russu. According to this site, we will see new team in WGP and Yeltsin Cup, although we will give a chance to new players, he said his team would play for the best result. He wants to get new players for NT, he said one team isnt enough for NT like Russia, who always play for the best result. It seems we will see plenty of new players in WGP and Yeltsin Cup :whistling:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, July 25th 2017, 5:23pm

Startseva won't return to NT this summer. There is no info about the reason for her absence.

20 players preparing for ECH:

Setters: Irina Filishtinskaya, Tatiana Romanova, Ekaterina Pankova, Vera Vetrova
Attackers: Maria Frolova, Anna Lazareva, Angelina Sperskayte, Yulia Kutyukova, Irina Voronkova, Ksenia Parubets (Ilchenko), Nataliya Goncharova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Yana Shcherban
Middle Blockers: Irina Koroleva-Zaryazhko, Irina Fetisova, Ekaterina Polyakova, Ekaterina Evdokimova, Ekaterina Efimova
Liberos: Ekaterina Tretyakova, Alla Galkina

Social bookmarks