Russian NT 2017

• As Shcherban is coming back, I highly presume one or two of those three short OHs (Parubets, Frolova and Kutiukova) will be cut. Voronkova secures her spot for sure as OH and I somehow hope Lazareva will be there as Goncha's back-up OPP.

I'm not familiar with Evdokimova yet but she seems to be a fighter on the court and I like that.

What made me surprised during the WGP was Tretyakova's positive performances, I thought she was done as a player but had kept playing for money but she was everywhere in defense, though her passing is still a question mark. Galkina is okayish for a newbie on the other hand.

For setters, I'd choose Pankova and Filishtinskaya, if Zenya Startseva is not available or not willing to join the NT anymore.

There hasn't been any proved reasons why Malykh is out, I think it's the head coach's decision, she was pretty poor in NT last year and perhaps he thinks Lazareva has a bigger potential and worth giving some actual chances in senior NT.

• As much as Pankova was underperforming in her club, she would still be the best logical choice (and maybe Vertova) especially now that Startseva will not join NT this season. For the OHs, I expect Frolova to be cut as she is just too big of a liability whenever she is in the front row as seen in this year's WGP. My only concern I hope the coach will let Voronkova play her natural position as OH and maybe as backup to Kosheleva and not as backup OPP to Goncharova.

• I honestly can not understand what Pankova is doing there.

Your game is so predictable! With other lifters, the central players play better and receive more balls in the attack. When Pankova is on the main team, he only plays with Kosheleva and Goncharova. Russia's game becomes predictable and other teams win with ease. I do not like Pankova's game and I believe that Russia has good players at the moment.

I hope Pankova is cut! I repeat, your game is very obvious. The entire gym knows when she will play with central players. Fetisova was one of the biggest punctuators of Russia in the Grand Prix, and now? With Pankova back, she's having nightmares! Russia's game needs to be more distributed.

I also want Voronkova + Parubets playing like OH and Lazareva (Malygina) as Goncharova's scouts.

My ideal Russia team would be:

Filishtinskaya - Vetrova
    Kosheleva - Voronkova - Parubets - Kutyukova - Frolova
    Goncharova - Lazareva
    Fetisova - Zaryazhko - Efimova
    Galkina - Tretyakova

• Voronkova was the biggest delight for me this WGP, of any team. I never saw her before. She hits like a beast but isn't limited to that role. She receives well and seems comfortable at any place on the court. Surprisingly quick for someone built like that.

• Pankova easily gets frustrated so please no. Let her come back when she's much fitter. She's just too unathletic for a modern setter standards.

It's better to get Romanova for the future or Vetrova for some experience.

I honestly will miss Startseva but maybe it is also better to find other options.

For Russia...

They have a bright future with Parubets and Voronkova. I just feel that Kosheleva will probably destroy their serve-receive like she did in Eczacibasi but if she can surprise us then why not?!?

The availability of Parubets and Scherban could make something work for Russia in terms of versatility especially in the substitution and with firepower from Goncharova,Kosheleva and Voronkova, they can make Russia into something they have not realized last year as a team. Jist wish the return of Goncharova and Kosheleva doesn't herald the return of their overreliance on them. With Parubets or Scherban and maybe Voronkova.. I think the use of the middle blockers as offensive weapons can be much better utilized unlike in the past and will offset the need for Kosheleva and Goncharova to be on the same floor at the same time. Knowing Kosheleva's passing has been detrimental to Russia's success as a whole. I think this will do and with good judgment from the coaches...they can make adjustments when to put the substitutions when they need it.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Russia already tried Scherban-Parubets duo last year in reception and they still failed (WGP & OG). I think the "missing link" is another OH who is reliable in reception and that can be Kutiukova.

As much as everyone here dislikes Pankova's game (including me), I still think she will not be cut by the coach but I hope I am wrong. I would also like to see Filishtinskaya - Vetrova duo.

In Russia's last game against Japan in the WGP when Voronkova played OH (and Lazareva as OPP), it somehow reminded me of Kosheleva/Goncharova as OH/OPP. I hope the coach sticks to that, clearly Voronkova hits much better in position 4.

Lastly, I do not know what is happening to Koroleva. She is making such stupid mistakes for a player of her level. IMO, Efimova was much more prolific than her in attack. But Fetisova outshined them both.

• The funny thing is Kosheleva-Scherban duo was an even bigger disaster for Russia in Rio Olympics. :rolll:

Anyway ..I feel with the establishment and emergence of Parubets in the NT. She'll get used to it and build better chemistry with everyone on the floor. And having an improved Parubets can mean so much more for Voronkova,Kosheleva and Scherban. Can you imagine the possibilities? Voronkova/Parubets Parubets/Kosheleva Parubets/Scherban+ Goncharova??? That's a lot of combination for Russia and with those combinations it'll be harder to scout Russia.

Pankova needs to be removed. She gets tired easily and her sets are too predictable. Filishtinkaia,Startseva and Vetrova proved themselves in club level after winning Russian Cup,CeV Cup, CEV Olympic Qualification Tournament and Russian Championship respectively.

Pankova was the reason Dinamo Kazan almost won the Russia. Superleague. If not for Vetrova... Dinamo Moscow would've lost the title. I don't know why people are still insisting on her. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Seems foolish to permanently typecast Lazareva as an opposite. She would learn more from being an outside hitter than becoming just an attacker.. She's still so young... She can still improve as a player.

#FreeBritney

• I think the setter position is the biggest concern. Pankova and Startseva had two poor seasons and Vitrova/Filishtinskaya were not better. I think Babeshina was the best setter in the league last season, but not convincing in the NT. I hope Romanova will get a chance to play (did pretty good against China and Japan).
    Galkina was not that great on the libero position. Is Raevskaya injured?

"My team" at the moment:

Romanova - Vetrova
    Shcherban - Voronkova - Kutyukova - Parubets
    Goncharova - Kosheleva
    Fetisova - Zaryazhko - Efimova - Evdokimova
    Tretyakova - Frolova

• I like the experience that the Russian coach made with the younger players. The same was done in the year 2009, when Sokolova and Gamova were the stars, and new figures needed to gain space in the team. In that year, they discovered the potential of Kosheleva, Perepelkina, Startseva and Goncharova. The following year they mixed the experience of the stars with the youth of the others.

This year, the same experience was made. They gave rest to the two stars, Kosheleva and Goncharova, and made room for new figures. Fetisova has become a centerpiece that really makes many points. In the last cycle (2013 - 2016), she could almost not attack, and made a maximum of 5 points per game. Now she's young, 22, and can make 20 points in a match. New lifters could play and show that they are much better than Pankova. But the great expectation of the team in my opinion is due to the double Voronkova-Parubets. Nowadays, it may be that no one is giving them importance. But I'm sure that this pair of OH will be great for Russia.

Unlike Kosheleva and Goncharova, in addition to attacking very strong, Parubets and Voronkova have great reception and great serve. They are new and very complete. Today Russia is living the drama of covering Kosheleva at the reception and this leaves the game of Russia very bad and slow. I believe that with these new players, Russia will be TOP 3 in the world.

Another important point: Lazareva.

It was used only in a game as an opposing starter against Japan. Did you notice the height that the girl of 20 years and 1.90 tall catches the ball? His attacks are very high and very strong. She needs to be on the team.

Parubets - Voronkova - Lazareva is the new Russia. With pass, attack, block and serve.

Startseva is out in 2017, but returns next year for the World Championship.

I'm sorry, Shcherban already had her chance and now she's 29 years old, she has nothing to evolve, new ones need to gain space. Parubets and Voronkova has so much more to the staff.

I would still like to see Babeshina playing on this team. She is the best lifter in Russia. I hope she's called in 2018! Russia wins a lot from her.

Malova will return in 2018. Tretyakova does a good job but Malova will be the libero.

Frolova is already over 30 years old and will not make it to Tokyo 2020.

My Russia team ideal for the World Cup and Olympic Games 2020:

Startseva - Filishtinskaya - Babeshina
    Goncharova - Lazareva
    Fetisova - Zaryazhko - Efimova
    Kosheleva - Parubets - Voronkova - Kutyukova
    Malova

:super:

• Voronkova definitely does NOT have a great reception. I'd say it's about the same level as Kosheleva...

Seems good enough for the pass to not completely break down on Russia though.

#FreeBritney

• I think Voronkova-Prubets are a good backup duo for Kosheleva&Scherban. Indeed Prubets seem to be better attacker than Scherban but Voronkova is not better than Kosheleva at neither reception nor offense. Lazarenko (MB) also seems to be a really good prospect. She was the main reason why Russian team reached to the finals of U20 WCh last week. I hope she would get chances to play in senior team soon. I'm sure there will be a lot of newcomer from 1998-99 generation which seems to a good bunch of talents in every position.

• Coach Vladim Pankov has summoned the players who will represent Russia's national team B to the 29th Universiade, to be held in Taipei from August 19 to August 30.

Some players who were with the main selection were called to the selection B, so we can already consider who will not participate in the preparation for the Champions Cup with the national team A of Russia.

Russia B

S: Romanova - Efimova - Serbina

OPPs: Malykh - Isaeva

MBs: Lazarenko - Evdokimova - Efimova - Lyubushkina

OHs: Biryukova - Khodunova - Bavykina - Iurinskaia - Sperskayte - Jarosik

Liberos: Kurnosova - Talysheva - Guskova

Romanova, Evdokimova, Efimova and Sperskayte were training with the A selection, and participated in the Yeltsin Cup and Grand Prix, but will now be part of the national team B.

The main selection continues training with the following players:

Rússia A

S: Vetrova - Filishtinskaya - Pankova

OPPs: Goncharova - Lazareva

MBs: Zaryazhko - Fetisova - Polyakova

OHs: Frolova - Kutyukova - Voronkova - Parubets - Kosheleva - Shcherban

Liberos: Tretyakova - Galkina

In all, 16 players. They travel to the Champions League in Japan only 14. Two players will still be cut. I believe a setter (I hope it's Pankova), and a OH.

Source: http://russiavolley.ru/31-iyul…podgotovku-k-universiade/

• Seriously? :what: Do you wish 20 years old Lazareva would be cut instead of 31 years old Frolova :wall: :aww:

• They will probably cut 1 setter and 1 OH. To be honest I will be surprised if Frolova makes it to the final list, Shcherban will most likely take her spot. Or the staff can do Marichev style and bring all 3 setters, and cut 2 OHs but it will more likely be the former.

Kosheleva & Voronkova will be the offensive OHs and will be tasked more with the attack.

Kutiukova & Shcherban will be the defensive OH will take care of the reception.

Parubets, albeit only 183cm, don't really see her as a purely defensive OH as her reception is suspect but she can be reliable in attack.

Lastly, good to see Lazareva finally making it to the senior team and as second OPP. Clearly the coaching staff agrees that she has more potential than Malykh.

• They will probably cut 1 setter and 1 OH. To be honest I will be surprised if Frolova makes it to the final list, Shcherban will most likely take her spot. Or the staff can do Marichev style and bring all 3 setters, and cut 2 OHs but it will more likely be the former.

well, I've already seen 3 setters in 12 players roster in USA in Rio :lol: in one WGP edition I guess Kuzyutkin took 3 setters, but the most bizarre example which I know is 5 MBs among 12 players in Japanese NT during WGP or WC somewhere around 2006-2008 with Omura, Tajimi, Araki, Sugiyama and Shoji :D anyway I prefer classic roster with 2 S, 2 OP, 4 OH, 4 MB and 2 L, cutting libero and middel when it comes to choose only 12 players ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Svetlana Kryuchkova (L) summoned to the national team of Russia for participation in the Champions Cup

I wonder why Kryuchkova was called back to NT. Problem with their current liberos perhaps? IIRC she last played with NT in 2014 WCH.