Russian NT 2017

• Kryuchkova is a great receiver probably the best in the world on that department of her time.

Maybe she's just there to teach youngsters. Doubt she'll get much court time but technique can be passed on. You'll never know.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Seriously? :what: Do you wish 20 years old Lazareva would be cut instead of 31 years old Frolova :wall: :aww:

She makes more sense to me than Ezhova in Rio.

If you couple Frolova with Gonchorava,Kosheleva or Voronkova. It could be really interesting when Scherban/Parubets cannot handle the passing. Might be best to give it to Frolova who can play better defense. Lazareva can still improve somewhere but maybe building chemistry of the whole team to improve the defense is better than letting just letting an indidual player improve but not the team itself.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Frolova is not better than neither Parubets nor Shcherban. If you really want to have a alternative defensive player it could be Kutyukova but not Frolova. Sınce Voronkova seems to be only backup for Kosheleva, there is no good option for Goncharova. Lazareva is one of the best in her generation and should be given chances

• Frolova is not better than neither Parubets nor Shcherban. If you really want to have a alternative defensive player it could be Kutyukova but not Frolova. Sınce Voronkova seems to be only backup for Kosheleva, there is no good option for Goncharova. Lazareva is one of the best in her generation and should be given chances

Frolova is a better defensive player than Kutyukova. I don't even know what kind of russia match you are watching during WGP or Yeltsin Cup. I don't like her attack but she's definitely better on that regard as a defensive player who can stabilize reception.

They have already Scherban and Parubets. That's enough for defensive OHs. Voronkova can play on either wings. And benching Goncharova is already too redundant when she can still play reception when Kosheleva/Voronkova are struggling defensively. Frolova can act as substitute for middles for defensive tactics.

I don't like Frolova but she certainly makes Russia more stabilized than Kutyukova. Theu have been running the middle attacls when she is there btw so I can see the benefits of it despite lacking firepower... I will never trade great defense for so so offense and defense.

#FreeBritney

• Kutyukova and Sperskayte are out.

Rússia in training:

S - Pankova - Filishtinskaya - Romanova

OPP - Goncharova - Lazareva

OH - Kosheleva - Shcherban - Parubets - Voronkova - Frolova

MB - Koroleva - Fetisova - Evdokimova - Efimova

L - Kryuchkova - Tretyakova - Karpol

3 players will be cut from the team after 2 friendlies against the Bulgarian national team. Only after the two games against the Bulgarian national team will be defined the 14 players who will go to Japan to play the Champions Cup and European Championship.

http://russiavolley.ru/odincov…tpravilis-na-univerisadu/

• Kuzyutkin just ripped Malykh off in this interview

Head coach of the Russian national volleyball team Vladimir Kuzyutkin commented on the decision, why not to call the opposite hitter Natalya Malykh in the national team.

“Well, how can Malykh compete with Goncharova? Malykh competed with Goncharova for three years, and she did not bring to us anything. We still have Irina Voronkova. And anyway, what is competition? It is an opposite hitter, an attacker. I can put both Yana Shcherban and Ksenia Parubets in this position, they are attacking players.

Instead of Goncharova, I can put Voronkova, and yet there is Daria Malygina, who spent the season much better than Malykh. I’m not talking about Malyh bad. I just think that she has not proven herself definitely to be in the national team in this year.

What is the elements does Malykh have? Only an attack. To claim for a place in the Russian team, only with a good attack is not enough. Is it possible to compare Malykh and Shcherban, for example? No. Shcherban with receiving, and attacks, and defends. Can Malykh for this? Let her prove that I’m wrong as a coach. And I’m happy to call her to the Russian team,”- quoted Kuzyutkin from r-sport.

http://www.russiavolley.com/10…o-we-need-natalia-malykh/

I would rather have Malykh as back OPP and Voronkova back OH, and exclude Frolova from the team.

• And I thought I am a harsh critic online but that takes the cake. :rolll:

I will probably never say that to anyone face to face much more on a media outlet. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Russian B team (with Malykh and Lyubushkina) advanced to final at the Universiade in Taipei. They won semifinal game against Ukraine 3:0 (25:21, 25:18, 25:21)

• Russia in World Champions Cup 2017

S - Filishtinskaya - Pankova

MB - Zaryazhko - Fetisova - Evdokimova - Efimova

OPP - Goncharova

OH - Frolova - Sperskayte - Voronkova - Parubets - Kosheleva - Shcherban

L - Kryuchkova - Tretyakova

https://goo.gl/1w6Hw6

Now Pankova is a substitute player, no longer the main team of 6 players. Filishtinskaya is the firstsetter. I believe that in the return of Startseva, Pankova does not become part of the Russian team anymore! There is still Babeshina's return for next year.

• What is Sperskayte doing there? She barely played (if at all) during WGP. Lazareva should have taken her spot unless she was injured? So this leaves either Voronkova or Ilchenko as second opp (but Voronkova most likely). When Koshe needs to be taken out o the game, this leaves Russia vulnerable as the only 'offenisve OH' who can replace her is Voronkova. Lastly, 4 MBs is a bit too much. It's not as if Russian MBs take the bulk of the team's offense anyways. Again, they should have taken the 4th MB spot should have went to a backup opp to Goncharova.

• https://instagram.com/p/BYtI6BzDAa6/
    First time seeing Goncharova speaking English, it seems like she learned some, because she looked so lost when Costagrande and Gioli were her teammates and spoke to her in English :D Well, time definitely has flown by though.

• So after a disappointing 4th place finish (Russia could have claimed Bronze, they were leading 18-15 in the fourth set against the US) what can the Russians improve going to ECH and ultimately, the World Championships next year?

Overall, I would still consider Russia a Top 6 Team, and arguably the 2nd best team in Europe after Serbia.

I will start with the most polarizing topic: Frolova. She stabilized Russia's reception yes, but not significantly better than what Shcherban has been doing the past couple of years IMO. She's is a mediocre attacker, and a liability in blocking. What puzzles me is that the coach did not sub Frolova whenever she was in the front row. I would like to see her as the team's second libero along with Kryuchkova if Malova does not return next year (Tretyakova was terrible). Shcherban can take her spot as OH2 alternating with Parubets.

Kosheleva. She is not the attacker she used to be (I will no longer talk about her reception lol). There were moments in the game vs the US where she was set consecutively but she could not kill the ball. Parubets was used as her sub in most games, but I will say it again Voronkova is the only OH who can replace her in terms of firepower. The mistake I believe the coach used Voronkova as second OPP (instead of being the direct sub for Kosheleva) and as much as I like Parubets, she is just not on the same level attack wise. Which leads me to my next point..

A solid backup opp for Goncharova. I hope the coach realizes it was a mistake to leave out Lazareva. If she were included, then Russia could get away with Kosheleva-Goncharova OR Voronkova-Goncharova OH/OPP combination and the attack would not suffer.

Lastly, the problem with the main setter of the team. With Startseva returning next year, will she resume her position as the team's main setter? She can be boring and predictable, but she is also a good sever and an underrated blocker. Filishtinskaya is really good with the use of the MBs, but she tends to be nervous in important moments and her connection with the team's most prolific attacker is suspect at times. Lastly, Pankova/Kosianenko. She has the best connection with Goncharova, but she doesn't set the ball anywhere else except the pins lol.

I just would like to add, Efimova is a really good addition to the team. Koroleva/Zaryazkho is not playing to her full potential recently, and maybe we can see Fetisova/Efimova as the MB starters. Just to point out, the coach didn't really need to bring a 4th MB to the selection (not that it matters anyway).

I expect Russia to perform better in ECH, but whether that is due to the "lower" level of play or quality of opponents is a different topic. They may not successfully defend their title with the emergence of Serbia, but I still see them with a podium finish.

• Imo biggest problem for Russia is that they're playing with two Opp's! And the reason they're suffering this match lately is because these two powerhouses can't even deliver as much as they used to in attack anymore... (especially Koshe) It's time for Russia to try something completely out of their comfort, get rid of either Kosheleva or Goncharova or maybe reverse their role. Gonharova as OH and Kosheleva as Opp? I mean Kosheleva can't receive anyway or like I said stop relying on Kosheleva/Goncharova and look for something new. Kosheleva really needs to step up anyway, she really is overall bad lately. I didn't like her season in Ecz either. It will be hard to find the balance between all players in Russia but either Goncharova and Kosheleva have to be the offensive powers they were just a few years ago or Russia needs a new game plan. This way I'm only seeing them go downhill and I certainly think they will struggle winning a medal if they play like they do lately. But also Russia = Russia so I'm sure they will get a medal somehow even if they're bad :P (for their own usual level anyway)

• I agree Russia must try something different/new, but with Kuziutkin that is not happening, he is super old school. And that is the kind of volleyball Russia has been playing.

I did talk a lot about Frolova and I will do again. Just like it was mentioned, she DID NOT fix any reception problems they had, she got aced and made errs in crucial moments. On the top of that she`s over 30, of course she won`t have what it takes to make to Tokyo, so why even waste time with her when you have Parubets and Voronkova? Are they not ready yet? Well, isn`t Russia just using the GP and WCC as preparation for the ECH?! Which means this is the perfect opportunity to give these young players the opportunity to play, but instead he`s giving the chance for a 30 years old.

And what surprises me the most is that even when Frolova was making reception mistakes she did not get replaced.

Filishtinskaya - I liked her in the GP, but I did not like her at all at the WCC, she did not use the MB (some had to do with Frolova`s bad passes) and she made some crucial mistakes in important moments.

Russia has so much talent, but they are doing everything wrong, they need someone new to come in, I said this before and some people laughed at me but I will say it again = GAMOVA could be the answer as head coach. :box:

• They may not successfully defend their title with the emergence of Serbia, but I still see them with a podium finish.

And they also have an overall doable path to the semifinal, imho... I don't see many team able to eliminate them in (eight final)/quater final on their side.
    There is Turkey, but if everything goes as planned (and it never does in the ECh :lol: ) they probably won't meet again in these two eventual matches.
    They should arrive first and third of their pool to make that happen, if I recall well.

• I'm wonderling about Russian defence system,
    When Goncharova and Frolova are in back row, Goncharova is on position 6 and Frolova is on position 1.

If my memory serves me correctly, Goncharova always stay position 1 in Moscow.

• I'm wonderling about Russian defence system,
    When Goncharova and Frolova are in back row, Goncharova is on position 6 and Frolova is on position 1.

If my memory serves me correctly, Goncharova always stay position 1 in Moscow.

Yes I noticed this as well (and Kosheleva will be in position 6) in the past.. maybe they changed the rotation? And Goncharova hits MUCH better through 1 than 6 due to her goofy approach.