You are not logged in.

Tuesday, September 12th 2017, 10:10pm

I'm wonderling about Russian defence system,
When Goncharova and Frolova are in back row, Goncharova is on position 6 and Frolova is on position 1.

If my memory serves me correctly, Goncharova always stay position 1 in Moscow.
Yes I noticed this as well (and Kosheleva will be in position 6) in the past.. maybe they changed the rotation? And Goncharova hits MUCH better through 1 than 6 due to her goofy approach.

Well it might be because Russia's block is quite strong and tall, so zone 6 is covered by it.. Of course strong attackers can hit high hands and the ball can rebounce there, but the chances of getting blocked are much higher.. And in zone 1 there are tips, roll shots which Goncharova will pick up much harder

Al Pacino

Beginner

• "Al Pacino" is male

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 5:18pm

Russia will lead Ushakov on the European Championship as a coach. Kuzyutkin is no longer with the team, his new role should be a consultant.

The Russian Volleyball Association admitted that it had made a mistake with Kuzyutkin.

This has not been posted anywhere, I learned it from my source.

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 6:18pm

Russia will lead Ushakov on the European Championship as a coach. Kuzyutkin is no longer with the team, his new role should be a consultant.

The Russian Volleyball Association admitted that it had made a mistake with Kuzyutkin.

I called it right away that he was not the right coach for them. He`s old and super old school besides of being delusional by thinking Frolova should be a starting player. But I guess Russia is somehow stuck with her for the ECH because Kuzyutkin wasted the GP and WCC with her instead of using Voronkova and Parubets.

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 6:55pm

This hasn't been posted anywhere apart from four major Rus sports sites, about five hours prior to your post. :)
They're trying to wrap this up nicely, as if they originally planned to do this rotation but I agree with the opinion that they're disappointed with Kuzyutkin (alternatively, something funny could have happened at the Cup, behind the scenes). Ushakov is mystery at the moment: three or even two years go he was a poor coach of an excellent roster at Krasnodar, however he's still a young coach so things could have improved since then. The biggest puzzle is that they didn't appoint Pankov instead, who's essentially got all what's needed for coaching. I may assume that this is linked to some kind of politics but his daughter seems to be in the roster, so shouldn't be a problem.

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 11:08am

Ushakov is clearly better than Kuzyutkin. Pankov would have been even the better move but ok.
The idea of using Frolova was not that bad. She is the best receiving OH and the best choice if Russia only receives with 2 players. As long as Kosheleva plays OH and Shcherban not in top form, Frolova seems to be the best option...

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 12:52pm

Isn't it a bit too risky to change coach so close to ECH?

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 4:20pm

And he is a bad coach so i don't expect much from him

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 8:49pm

... but nevertheless keep the old (sacked?) coach with the team, sitting on the bench with an angry face?

I don't think "risky" is the right word for that as I sense things are a bit complex over there. I agree that Ushakov hasn't proved he could manage a decent level team as he was, frankly speaking, pretty poor with Krasnodar. He definitely has lots of friends in the Federation... or possibly they're considering more distant goals. It is also unclear how good physically the team is. In the first game, the reception was way better than it usually is but the attack was at times very erratic and teh setting wasn't very stable too.

Saturday, September 30th 2017, 10:51am

Russia has had always star players
they have had rare talents such as Artamanova,Sokolova,Gamova,Koseleva,Goncharova etc (these are who i know about)

now after Kosheleva-Goncharova duo..is there anyone in Russia who can undertake that role ?

maybe Russia will be the team of "good" players after Kosha-Goncha era and play more like a team with Voronkova,Parubets etc..

what do you think about it ?
meso mi ra se beno...

• "canhotorodrigo" is male

Favourite Team: Rússia NT, USA NT, Brazil NT, Itália NT.

Favourite Players: André Nascimento, Micah Christenson, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitriy Muserskiy, Aaron Russell, Tatiana Kosheleva, Kseniia Ilchenko, Ilya Vlasov, Kelsey Robinson

Saturday, September 30th 2017, 5:47pm

Rússia 2018

S: Startseva - Babeshina
OH: Kosheleva - Ilchenko - Voronkova
OPP: Goncharova - Lazareva - Malygina
MB - Fetisova - Zaryazhko - Efimova - Evdokimova - Lazarenko
L - Malova - Kryuchkova

OUT PANKOVA!

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Saturday, September 30th 2017, 6:38pm

Quoted

"It's always difficult to give comments after the defeat, especially when the team is beaten on all fronts. In fact, we repeated 2011 - the same game and the same defeat. The team is going through a difficult period: changing the composition of the team, changing the head coach. We have done a great job in this situation! And it's pity that our game this time did not bring result. On behalf of all players of the National team, I want to tell to all the "knowledgeable" volleyball experts to be tactful and responsible in their statements" said Tatiana Kosheleva for R-Sport.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest…ame-defeat.html

This definitely screams like the situation when Kuzyutkin insulted Natalia Malykh.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, September 30th 2017, 6:44pm

Quoted

"It's always difficult to give comments after the defeat, especially when the team is beaten on all fronts. In fact, we repeated 2011 - the same game and the same defeat. The team is going through a difficult period: changing the composition of the team, changing the head coach. We have done a great job in this situation! And it's pity that our game this time did not bring result. On behalf of all players of the National team, I want to tell to all the "knowledgeable" volleyball experts to be tactful and responsible in their statements" said Tatiana Kosheleva for R-Sport.
http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest…ame-defeat.html

This definitely screams like the situation when Kuzyutkin insulted Natalia Malykh.
Kosheleva is a f*cking class act. Nothing but respect for her.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Social bookmarks