Russian NT 2017

• Yes I noticed this as well (and Kosheleva will be in position 6) in the past.. maybe they changed the rotation? And Goncharova hits MUCH better through 1 than 6 due to her goofy approach.

Well it might be because Russia's block is quite strong and tall, so zone 6 is covered by it.. Of course strong attackers can hit high hands and the ball can rebounce there, but the chances of getting blocked are much higher.. And in zone 1 there are tips, roll shots which Goncharova will pick up much harder

• Russia will lead Ushakov on the European Championship as a coach. Kuzyutkin is no longer with the team, his new role should be a consultant.

The Russian Volleyball Association admitted that it had made a mistake with Kuzyutkin.

This has not been posted anywhere, I learned it from my source.

• Russia will lead Ushakov on the European Championship as a coach. Kuzyutkin is no longer with the team, his new role should be a consultant.

The Russian Volleyball Association admitted that it had made a mistake with Kuzyutkin.

I called it right away that he was not the right coach for them. He`s old and super old school besides of being delusional by thinking Frolova should be a starting player. But I guess Russia is somehow stuck with her for the ECH because Kuzyutkin wasted the GP and WCC with her instead of using Voronkova and Parubets.

This hasn't been posted anywhere apart from four major Rus sports sites, about five hours prior to your post. :)
    They're trying to wrap this up nicely, as if they originally planned to do this rotation but I agree with the opinion that they're disappointed with Kuzyutkin (alternatively, something funny could have happened at the Cup, behind the scenes). Ushakov is mystery at the moment: three or even two years go he was a poor coach of an excellent roster at Krasnodar, however he's still a young coach so things could have improved since then. The biggest puzzle is that they didn't appoint Pankov instead, who's essentially got all what's needed for coaching. I may assume that this is linked to some kind of politics but his daughter seems to be in the roster, so shouldn't be a problem.

• Ushakov is clearly better than Kuzyutkin. Pankov would have been even the better move but ok.
    The idea of using Frolova was not that bad. She is the best receiving OH and the best choice if Russia only receives with 2 players. As long as Kosheleva plays OH and Shcherban not in top form, Frolova seems to be the best option...

• Isn't it a bit too risky to change coach so close to ECH?

... but nevertheless keep the old (sacked?) coach with the team, sitting on the bench with an angry face?

I don't think "risky" is the right word for that as I sense things are a bit complex over there. I agree that Ushakov hasn't proved he could manage a decent level team as he was, frankly speaking, pretty poor with Krasnodar. He definitely has lots of friends in the Federation... or possibly they're considering more distant goals. It is also unclear how good physically the team is. In the first game, the reception was way better than it usually is but the attack was at times very erratic and teh setting wasn't very stable too.

• Russia has had always star players
    they have had rare talents such as Artamanova,Sokolova,Gamova,Koseleva,Goncharova etc (these are who i know about)

now after Kosheleva-Goncharova duo..is there anyone in Russia who can undertake that role ?

maybe Russia will be the team of "good" players after Kosha-Goncha era and play more like a team with Voronkova,Parubets etc..

what do you think about it ?

• Rússia 2018

S: Startseva - Babeshina
    OH: Kosheleva - Ilchenko - Voronkova
    OPP: Goncharova - Lazareva - Malygina
    MB - Fetisova - Zaryazhko - Efimova - Evdokimova - Lazarenko
    L - Malova - Kryuchkova

OUT PANKOVA!

"It's always difficult to give comments after the defeat, especially when the team is beaten on all fronts. In fact, we repeated 2011 - the same game and the same defeat. The team is going through a difficult period: changing the composition of the team, changing the head coach. We have done a great job in this situation! And it's pity that our game this time did not bring result. On behalf of all players of the National team, I want to tell to all the "knowledgeable" volleyball experts to be tactful and responsible in their statements" said Tatiana Kosheleva for R-Sport.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-and-the-same-defeat.html

This definitely screams like the situation when Kuzyutkin insulted Natalia Malykh.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Zoran Terzic possible Russia women's NT coach in the future? Maybe after 2020 :wavy:

http://www.russiavolley.com/12…ssian-team-in-the-future/

I think he has a contract with Serbia but I wouldn't mind.

Zoran understands the problem of Russia with Serbia beating them in the olympics. He knows what must be done. I just don't like what he does... no inspirational changes...but no one can deny the work he's done with the reigning european champions.

I am also hearing Vadim Pankov applying for the job. That's going to be difficult for any foreign coach to break through. The Pankovs are powerful. I do not believe he can take them to promise land but the name can be something to consider with how well Odintsovo is playing right now but in a very weak league such as Russia's. The guy still has no credentials outside of russia though. The Russian Federation needs to think about that carefully.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I am also hearing Vadim Pankov applying for the job. That's going to be difficult for any foreign coach to break through. The Pankovs are powerful. I do not believe he can take them to promise land but the name can be something to consider with how well Odintsovo is playing right now but in a very weak league such as Russia's. The guy still has no credentials outside of russia though. The Russian Federation needs to think about that carefully.

But with Vadim Pankov at the helm, her daughter, everyone's favorite-to-hate Pankova will be titular again :whistle:

• But with Vadim Pankov at the helm, her daughter, everyone's favorite-to-hate Pankova will be titular again :whistle:

If he wants her favorite setter in the roster then I am assuming he will have to stabilize Russia's broken reception. If he couldn't do it... Startseva will be needed more than ever. You can't have a setter who is slow running around trying to get those terribly passed balls. You need a taller and very athletic setter to do that. The longer the stride and the reach are all big advantages. It helps minimize the reception going over the other side,the receivers more confident with their ball handling and more able to adapt with the big pressure when a setter could get to the ball in time.

#FreeBritney

• Speaking a little of this hot mess with Russian state sponsored dopping scandal , I always wondered and found quite odd , the not appearance of gamova and startseva -I believe was back in 2016 -of a very important final in a tournament of their club. I think they said they’re food poisoned and therefore weren’t able to play such final . And then right after that , comes the very controversial decision of coach Marivech by cutting a such an experienced setter as Startseva is, and a very young talented Parubetz, who got to make the team throught out the whole Olympic cicle . All this , was very , very awkward situation to me. IMHO, They were simply dopped, and with water boiling all I Over the Russian federation , would’ve been better just take them off the team.
    I also wonder why the Brazilian volleyball federation hasn’t ever protested after all this , by calling and having reviewed all the athletes who played the world champions for 2006-10 ( women side ) and the London final game of 2012. ( men’ side )

• No one wants to open a can of worms.

The most probable scenario is everyone is doping in one way or another.

Russia just got caught red-handed and USA must be the best at hiding whatever.

#FreeBritney

• And there it is, the soooo and very rethorical answer of blaming Americans for everything.
    :aww:

Actually Like someone said , I feel like Buying a beer to the IOC. FIFA should take a step forward too and cancel them being the host for the soccer championship next year.
    It’s outrageous such a magnum event will be hosted by such a corrupt system

***note that i said “system” , not people .

• I also wonder why the Brazilian volleyball federation hasn’t ever protested after all this , by calling and having reviewed all the athletes who played the world champions for 2006-10 ( women side ) and the London final game of 2012. ( men’ side )

Because, by all accounts, if there's something volleyball players were using, it's Meldonium, and it was perfectly legal before 2016, so an appeal would be pointless.