2017 / 2018 Transfer News

• Robin De Kruijf will be a "panther" also for the next season!
    (source: Imoco Conegliano website)

Sorry for Danesi and Melandri, but... :dance6:

• Of course. At this point I wouldn't be surprised (and I would totally understand) if either of them left the team at some point during the season, to get more minutes on the court somewhere else...

And sorry for the National Team as well....

• De Kruijf basically will play only the Champions League. In order to play in Italian League, Cella must be on court as well instead of Hodge, Hill or Bricio... it will happen quite rarely I guess.
    Anyway in CL now Conegliano is the most dangerous contender for Vakifbank...

• Botezat officially in Busto

ps I'm very happy De Kruijf is staying (playing in Chinese second league was a huge waste of talent!!), but I'm also happy that the foreigns rule helps Danesi and Melandri ;)

• Jenny Barazza won't play for Imoco Conegliano which is an obvious decision after confirmation of De Kruijf's stay.

• De Kruijf basically will play only the Champions League. In order to play in Italian League, Cella must be on court as well instead of Hodge, Hill or Bricio... it will happen quite rarely I guess.
    Anyway in CL now Conegliano is the most dangerous contender for Vakifbank...

I dont think so. It was the same with Eczacibasi last season. They were supposed to win the CL and the most dangerous rival of Vakif but it turned out to be the opposite.
    I have fears that this Imoco will be the second Ecaci, having 7 foreigners with a foreigner limitations mean playing with 2 different starting 6 in CL and Italian league, so like Eczaci, and we saw how it worked in Eczaci.

• No, it is not the same as Eczacibasi situation. Imoco will play all the time with 4 foreigners not like Eczacibasi 3. That is huge diffrents. Only who will not play is De Krujif, and She can play when they are playing against "weaker" teams just for connection between her and setter. Everything will be the same when they playe CL as they play in Seria A. And they can give some players rest when they need it and still Imoco can be great with long bench.

• I agree, having all these players is a waste of money and talent. I hope Melandri was not blindsided when she was hired, hopefully they told her they wanted to keep Robin as well, and this was her choice. Otherwise she should just break her contract and go play somewhere else.

Robin only playing in the CL? Not sure about that... before she got injured she was scoring 20+ points, her and Adenizia were hands down TOP 5 best MB in Europe this season. I think we will see a lot of her on the court. And why would you keep your best player on the bench? makes no sense.

• Imoco will probably have 2 foreigner OHs on the court all time. Only time when Robin will play is when they want to give Fabris rest.
    You have 1 foreign setter and 1 foreign setter on the bench so that means they will have all the time 1 foreign on setter position. When their 2 duo OHs are not on their top level they will replace them with other foreign OH. So you can only sub Fabris for Italian OPP to put Robin in play. Or you would put Cella over Hill, Hodge and Bricio to have Robin in your game ?
    It is hard for Imoco because they have good players but someone will be the most of the time on the bench and I think it will be Robin. Only if they gone change something every game, everyone will play equally, but that is not good for your team overall.

This is not what that i want but this is what will happend.

• This already puts a lot of expectation on Conegliano and that brings a lot of pressure. Basically if they don`t win the Italian Championship that alone will be a HUGE disappointment and failure.

And if they don`t reach the CL FInal 4 will be a huge failure as well.

• Crovolley, please just once really just once, don't shut your ears off when we are criticising the team where your wonderful Fabris will play. Having Fabris, Hill, Easy, Bricio, De Kruijf, 2 foreign setters MEANS for sure that Conegliano will not play the whole season with the same squad! Please realize this, no one besides the greek player will accept being benched for the most part of the season, do you think Robin will play only CL? Come on dude you really believe this? She was the last one Conegliano could made an agreement so she knows who else is in the team and she knows that there are 6 foreigners next to her and you really think she just wanna play a few games? Haha you are so funny really. It is obvious, that we will see 2 different Conegliano but we don't know YET if we will see an other Eczacibasi, but what really really is guaranteed, is that Conegliano WON'T play most of its matches with the same squad. It is actually obvious that they follow the same way like Eczaci did, having a strong line up of foreigners to win the CL. Lets see how they will manage that. But please dont tell me they will have the same foreigners playing and some of them will only play for weaker opponents when Fabris will get a rest(hahaha). Such a waste of money and talent really!!