2017 / 2018 Transfer News

• I really miss old Serie A1.Even mid-level teams had so many great players.Serie A1 is getting stronger again but still far from old glory days.

2004-05 play-off final:

Zhukova (Luraschi) - Grun / Piccinini - Sokolova (Secolo) / Poljak - Barazza (Paggi) / Croce
    Fofao (Gujska) - Aguero / Francia - Swieniewicz (Di Iulio) / Walewska - Gioli (Crisanti - Marinkovic) / Arcangeli

:obey: :obey:

• Actually she played 4 times in Italy with Jesi, Chieri, Asystel and Ornavasso (half season because of her studies), 2 times in Brazil with Minas (half season, because she was just graduated from Stanford) and Rio de Janeiro and in Turkey with Fenerbahce and Halkbank (half season, becuase she had to play in Indonesia for the second half of the season).

You are right! I forget about the half season ones :hit: Still it is amazing that she has played in so many different countries Brazil, Italy, Switzerland, Russia, Japan, China, Turkey, France, Indonesia, New Zealand, Israel :white: Pity that she has never played in Germany or Poland :whistle:

• Logan's list is truly impressive! :cheesy: I would love to see her in Germany and Poland before she is done.

The only other player I can think of that can come close to Logan's list is fellow American Sonja Newcombe. She has played in Puerto Rico, France, Germany, Turkey 2X, China 2X, Azerbaijan, Italy and Brazil.

Sorry for :offtopic: I just find it interesting and Amazing!

• Logan's list is truly impressive! :cheesy: I would love to see her in Germany and Poland before she is done.

The only other player I can think of that can come close to Logan's list is fellow American Sonja Newcombe. She has played in Puerto Rico, France, Germany, Turkey 2X, China 2X, Azerbaijan, Italy and Brazil.

Sorry for :offtopic: I just find it interesting and Amazing!

David Lee (USA NT MB) also comes close: Greece, Russia, Italy, France, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Indonesia, Turkey and now Argentina. Seems like Americans like to know the world. :lol: :offtopic:

• David Lee (USA NT MB) also comes close: Greece, Russia, Italy, France, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Indonesia, Turkey and now Argentina. Seems like Americans like to know the world. :lol: :offtopic:

Also they don't have their own league to play in, so this forces them to other places.

• Yes but American likes to experience new cultures and get to know new people. Of course, it would have been different for some players if there was a league but most of them still would choose to go abroad.

Well, many of them (even players from the NTs) retire early because of homesick or bad adaptation ti new culture. Troy Murphy f.e. retired last season because he wanted to start a family. Vansant had an amazing Summer with the NT, but retired After Just a pro season. :S

• Well, many of them (even players from the NTs) retire early because of homesick or bad adaptation ti new culture. Troy Murphy f.e. retired last season because he wanted to start a family. Vansant had an amazing Summer with the NT, but retired After Just a pro season. :S

Karsta Lowe is said the same thing. She said she enjoys volleyball but not playing overseas for 9 months of the year. Still, these are only a few of them. There are a lot of athletes and normal people who enjoys traveling and experience. Thanks to their perfect college system, they can choose to go back to studying or start working in a company if they don’t feel like to play anymore. I am not saying it is a bad or good thing.

• She's a Beast! :super:

Congrats to her. She's a great blocker despite only being 6'2" (that is small for an MB nowadays). I think she ranked 2nd or 3rd in the whole NCAA in terms of blocking. This is her highlights:

[/size]

The graduates of NCCA for 2017/2018 for middles blockers are really good. Aside from Ogbogu there are other MBs waiting to play internationally like Hailey Washington (top percentage hitter of NCAA) and Rhamat Alhassan (top blocker of NCAA). These girls will give Adams and Akirandewo a run for their money in the starting 6 for Tokyo. And there is still Inky Ajanaku recovering from her injury.

• Polish OH Anna Werblinska and Azeri MB Anna Kudakova-Nazerenko are registered as MKS Kalisz (polish second division) players.
    I guess Werblińska won't be ready to play before playoffs but transfer window in polish leagues will be closed on Friday.

• Sokolova signed with Krasnodar? :what: :white:

anyway, Werblinska is going to give birth in February, I dont think she will be ready for playoffs