USA NT 2017

• Tamari Miyashiro added to Women's National Team Coaching Staff. “During Tama’s years as a Women’s National Team player, nobody involved with our program was more selfless, more supportive and loyal to those around her, more humble and more dedicated to learning than she has been,” Kiraly said. “Those qualities always made Tama a prime candidate for making a strong transition into coaching, so we’re thrilled to have her join our coaching staff.”

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Vol…ional-Team-Coaching-Staff

Apparently Miyashiro has retired from volleyball last summer because of several injuries.

• From 2013 to 2016, Have four liberos (Miyashiro, N.Hagglund, Banwarth and Nicole Davis) all retired?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• From 2013 to 2016, Have four liberos (Miyashiro, N.Hagglund, Banwarth and Nicole Davis) all retired?

Hagglund has been training in Anaheim along with Tori Dixon back in January, so I guess she's still in the picture. But the rest of them has retired.

Maybe finally there's room for Logan to take the role of the NT libero :lol:

• Destinee Hooker has wish to play for Brazil NT... That would be super interesting :whistle: :white:

• I checked her social media, and googled things in Portuguese and nothing came up.

But either way, I dont think this will never happen. She would need to become a Brazilian Citizen first, the quickest way is getting married to a Brazilian. And once that happens, she would need a letter from the US Confederation (of course that would not be a problem once they don`t want her) and wait 2 years until she can play. Hooker is almost 30. I doubt Ze Roberto would take a gamble on a 34 year old OP in Japan, plus he does not use her style of play in the NT>

This is the same process Leal is going through. But I don`t think he got the approval from Cuba, and he needs it right now, because the 2 years wait period only starts from the moment he gets the letter approval from Cuba.

• I checked her social media, and googled things in Portuguese and nothing came up.

But either way, I dont think this will never happen. She would need to become a Brazilian Citizen first, the quickest way is getting married to a Brazilian. And once that happens, she would need a letter from the US Confederation (of course that would not be a problem once they don`t want her) and wait 2 years until she can play. Hooker is almost 30. I doubt Ze Roberto would take a gamble on a 34 year old OP in Japan, plus he does not use her style of play in the NT>

This is the same process Leal is going through. But I don`t think he got the approval from Cuba, and he needs it right now, because the 2 years wait period only starts from the moment he gets the letter approval from Cuba.

I agree about everything, but not the part about her style of play.. Hooker likes fast balls, as same as Sheilla.. We saw how less effective she was in Krasnodar.. So she would fit good on Brazilian Nt

• She never said anything even close to that...the only thing related to Brazil NT is that a fan photoshoped a picture of Hooker in London 2012 and put a Brazilian shirt on it...she only thanked him.

Many Cuban players were naturalized toAzerbeijani citizenship, I wonder if any of them will ever play in AZE nT

• how is it even possible that half of AZE NT are foreigners?

they probably never played for their home country before

• Thanks for the answer. That's a pity, she wasn't bad at all and her style of play suited really well in the USA's game.

There is a major rumor in Brazil that she will play there next season, in Zé Roberto's team.

• According to a newspaper article from Dresden, Liz McMahon and the Rolfzen twins have been invited to USA NT training.

They all have played extensively with USA volleyball for a long time. This is not their first time. The twins have even competed at the Girls Youth World Championship, and Liz has represented the US before as well.

• But the US training camp is not like mostly places where they choose around 20-30 players only and that is it... Hundreds of players are invited and spend the summer at the camp practicing. At the end after evaluating everyone they choose who will compete in each competition, and which players will be on the main roster. The twins and Liz have never been chosen to compete in any senior tournament yet because their level is not good enough. this won`t be their first time in the process, they have been considered senior players for a long time. I think Liz is over 25 and the Twins over 22 or 23.

Just to have a idea the recent tryout had over 240 players. Players still in college are evaluated and invited to practice with the US NT every year.

But not in Senior NT as far as I know.-