Japanese NT 2017

• Kumi Nakada has been announced as the new head coach of Japanese NT from next year on.

I wasn't even aware that she works as a coach since I don't follow Japanese volleyball very much, but as a player she has been one of her country's legends. I hope she can give more to the team than Manabe could...

• Kumi Nakada has been announced as the new head coach of Japanese NT from next year on.

I wasn't even aware that she works as a coach since I don't follow Japanese volleyball very much, but as a player she has been one of her country's legends. I hope she can give more to the team than Manabe could...

Yes, he did a bad job, only first medal in 32 years with 2010 World Champs and a bronze in London in 2012. He will be a legendary coach for bringing them back to the promised land. Yes by the end of this Olympics, I felt that he had gone as far as he could and it was time for a change.

Nakada has been dominant with Hisamitsu as its head coach. 3 titles in 4 seasons. Also helps that a number of her players Nagaoka, Ishii, Tsutsui are on the national team.

• So this season is probably her last season as a coach in Hisamitsu?

I think she's no longer the head coach of Hisamitsu. Maja Tokarska said that Kumi announced it after the last game of the World Club Championship. She also said that all the girls were crying after that.

• Quoted from "nnnneil0929" So this season is probably her last season as a coach in Hisamitsu?
    I think she's no longer the head coach of Hisamitsu. Maja Tokarska said that Kumi announced it after the last game of the World Club Championship. She also said that all the girls were crying after that.

Yes, Hisamitsu announced a new head coach Shingo Sakai ,former head coach of Sakai Blazers and current head coach of Japanese Junior Men's team.

• Yes, he did a bad job, only first medal in 32 years with 2010 World Champs and a bronze in London in 2012. He will be a legendary coach for bringing them back to the promised land. Yes by the end of this Olympics, I felt that he had gone as far as he could and it was time for a change.

Yes, I should have expressed myself clearer. I hope she can give more to the team than Manabe did in the last 4 years.

• Turns out Kumi Nakada is now the director of the team and Ferhat Akbas is the new head coach of the women's team. He will continue his work in CSM Bucuretsi as well. The contract between JVA and Akbas was signed till OG 2020 in Tokyo.

Also here's the roster for this season: http://www.jva.or.jp/index.php…onal/hinotori_nippon/2017

• Well, i moved some some posts concerning coach's change to new thread for upcoming season ^^

Roster:
    S: Haruka Miyashita, Koyomi Tominaga, Miya Sato, Misaki Tanaka
    OP: Miyu Nagaoka, Rika Nomoto, Mari Horikawa
    OH: Risa Shinnabe, Yuki Ishii, Risa Ishii, Sarina Koga, Mami Uchiseto, Saori Takahashi, Yurie Nabeya, Arisa Inoue, Mizuki Tanaka, Ai Kurogo
    MB: Erika Araki, Haruyo Shimamura, Mai Okumura, Nana Iwasaka, Ayaka Matsumoto, Kana Ono
    L: Kotoe Inoue, Arisa Sato, Miku Torigoe, Mako Kobata

we don't have Kanami Tashiro (S), Saori Kimura (OH, retired), Saori Sakoda (OP), Yukiko Ebata (OP), Mai Yamaguchi (MB/OH), Riho Otake (MB), Aimi Kawashima (MB), Kotoki Zayasu (L)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• No surprise with Shinnabe and Iwasaka coming back.
    I personally see Araki back as captain, but no announcement yet
    This is in my mind an in between squad, some old (experienced but looking to 2020), a number of some NT roster time but little play, and newcomers.
    If Kurogo sees play, she's the next Saori, but I doubt she is ready right now. Ai Miyabe not being on team may say more about position depth than need.
    I don't know if Ebata or Sakoda said that they were done, or not chosen. Leaving them out leaves Nagaoka as main opposite.

Best analysis is done at 3 am in a hotel 3 time zones away from home.

• Hisae Watanabe?
    She was injured last month and was out of shape but from the beggining of the seazon was the best player of Hitache Rivale

• What happened? Why did they change coaches and won`t be Nakada anymore???

But I prefer him over her, major problem in the Japanese Volleyball is that they are too physically weak, hopefully he will show them the importance of spending more time in the gym and getting stronger.

I do think Watanabe deserves a chance.

• Ferhat Akbas as the new head coach of the Japanese NT? :white:

How? and why? Which reasons made the decision for him to take over the NT? I really wonder :what:

http://cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=25140&ID=2

It's false report.
    He is an assistant coach, not head coach :teach:
    http://www.jva.or.jp/index.php…onal/hinotori_nippon/2017

• I can't watch a play develop and make judgements such as "Player A should be moving into such and such a position" and things of that nature, and knowledge like that goes into making NT roster decisions. Sigh.

There are a handful of players on this roster I'm not very familiar with, so we'll see, but it feels conservative to me when I'd like to see bold changes. Speed, hustle, and fire is what I want more of. I'm very happy Horikawa was named, and happy to see Iwasaka return but her three sleepy sisters from Hisamitsu not so much. Props to Miya Sato, as well.

I was sure I'd be disappointed two of my three favorite players wouldn't make it, but Sakoda's absence is a surprise.

I need time to digest ?(

• I think the setter of NEC also deserves a slot

Kaname Yamaguchi, yeah. When I first started watching NEC, and Shimamura (whom I like) was playing I didn't notice Yamaguchi much. But when watching last year's Asian Club Championship (and other times when Shimamura wasn't playing) the Yamaguchi->Ohno one/two punch impressed. Kaname has good court energy I like. My only unknown with her is defense, which might not be the setter's most important concern. Miyashita may have shortcomings but her speed, hustle, and diving for balls is pretty great. Japan wins by keeping the ball off the floor. Every body should contribute to that.

• Toray - Spiker
    Okayama - Setter
    Ageo - Setter, MB
    Body Queens - MB, Spiker
    Denso - Spiker, Spiker
    Hitachi - Libero, Setter, Spiker
    NEC - Libero, MB, MB, Spiker
    JT - Libero, Libero, Setter, MB, Spiker
    Hisamitsu - MB, Spiker, Spiker, Spiker, Spiker

And a couple youngsters at the wing.

No surprise Hisamitsu is over represented even after a season packed with NT experienced players that didn't cream everybody :cursing: like they should have (on paper). Are the sleepy sisters going to improve? No coasting allowed!

Glad to see my second favorite team, JT, well represented. And impressed that it's across the board: Libero, Setter, MB, Spiker.

• That is a really cool chart you made. :thumbsup: .

I`m glad also to see 5 JT players also...

• Weird, that story of Ferhat as "the senior coach of women’s volleyball team of Japan that will be the host of Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. He is the first foreign coach in Japanes women's volleyball team history." is being passed around everywhere. So ambiguous. So wrong-ish. The FIVB site changed its story since yesterday to say: "Former Turkish women's National Team coach Ferhat Akbas has been named as assistant coach of Japan, to help the hosts on their way to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games."