Dutch NT 2017

• Today and tomorrow, will be a friendly match between The Netherlands and Italy.

Tonight, 20:00, in Apeldoorn and tomorrow in Hoogeveen.

I don't know anything about livestream.

• Dutch roster for WCHQ:

S: Dijkema, Stoltenborg
    OPP: Sloetjes
    OH: Grothues, Plak, Buijs, Jasper
    MB: De Kruijf, Belien, Polder, Koolhaas
    L: Stam, Knip, Schoot (regular player, reception substitute)

I'm very surprised about Jasper, Polder and Koolhaas. Polder was much weaker than Stoeten in Aachen and Jasper wasn't any impressive in Suhl either. I hope in Montreux Morrisson will give chances to Daalderop and Oude Luttikhuis.

• I hope in Montreux Morrisson will give chances to Daalderop and Oude Luttikhuis.

I think the same, after QF next week, "older' players like Sloetjes etc get some rest, and the youngsters will play Montreux. Is long season for a lot of the players, and is long summer too with EC in the end of September.

• What makes you think Sloetjes is not in the top 5 OPPs in the world? This one bad performance vs Azerbaijan? There is a good reason Vakifbabk chose to extend her contract and that is because she is one of the world's best, no doubt.

• NEVOBO: POOR and IRRESPONSIBLE DECISION

I can think of 10 coaches off the top my head that are far
    more qualified than Morrison. Micelli, Abbondonza (before he excepted the
    head-coaching position with Canada ) Parisi, and even De Brandt would be more
    suitable. A two-year contract is the
    "only" responsible
    decision NEVOBO made in this selection.

Morrison is way way way in over his head and he is too
    arrogant to know it. "He noticed the potential of the team in 2014?"
    The core of these players have more than double the international experience than
    he.

He has very limited head-coaching experience at this level. His only
    head-coaching experience came with a club team in Austria which was tailor-made
    for him by USA volleyball and he was outcoached and his team out-performed by a
    Ukrainian team. He melted down during this match.

For four years there was very little he said to his team as
    an assistant coach during matches with the USA national team. And has taken
    this job after standing "behind" Guidetti. It is one thing to repeat
    what he has learned from Guidetti (he would be smart to do this) but the time
    will come very soon when the Dutch women will realize that he is simply not
    strategically or developmentally capable of leading this kind of team.

He assisted Kiraly in sabotaging the #1 team in the world in
    the Olympics. He was not strong enough to stand up to Kiraly and say what
    everybody else in the world knew. I sat in those games and how Morrison had no answers for AZE today is the same look as Kiraly in Olympics.

I hope now that for the sake of this team NEVOBO will hire strong
    assistant coaches to make up for his lack of experience. He looked today first
    arrogant, then scared, and in the end helpless and ALL PLAYERS KNOW NOW! He has
    not earned the right to coach this team!

To coach this team with this level of experience that each
    of these player have I find it hard to be leave he will be able to find his own
    identity and have enough “real” confidence in his experiences so that the
    players will respect and respond to him.

My prediction is that after two years NEVOBO will scramble
    to find a suitable head coach before Olympic qualification. I am sure he is a
    kind and has been described as sweet person but I know now the head coaches of
    Turkey, Russia, Italy, and Serbia are excited.

Morrison was given a team after only being a scout and described as greatest coattail rider in US volleyball history by a number of American
    coaches. This squad that has been built for almost ten years and ready to
    perform on world level. Just sad and feel badly for the players. Many sleepless
    nights for Morrison second guessing his readiness for this project! I feel very disappointed for these players.

• Oh my gosh guys, chill!

Morison just took over, and almost every team is out of shape.. Let's be real here, Netherlands had the same players last WCH and they failed, Guidetti came in and they really good at the Olympics and the European championship.. But considering they had such a short time to prepare, it's hardly the coach's fault.. Morison is no magician.. I don't think any of their players (except Sloetjes and De Kruijf) is one of the best in their position on the world.. So they need hard work, team spirit and chemistry to win.. It was impossible to do that in such a short period..
    Also Guidetti's decision to leave the team also may have had some effect on them, because some players said they weren't very happy about it

• I really like coach of IlBisonte Firenze. Why Dutch team doesnt think about him or Parisi. If they dont want to be unlucky and they have to do it right now or they even can miss next World Championship. I dont understand Morrison you have a great team and they already showed it last year, they really need to do hard trainers during a day. Immidiately, Dutch team needs strong coach like Gui

• How many days he had with this girls? Most of them are tired and had not enough rest and training. How can you expect a coach to turn this team? With Guidetti, it would have been different because he knows the players but Morisson is new to this team.

And believe me, Micelli or Abbo wouldn'r be better than him. Everyone in volley worl cannot except that they are loosers and i just can't believe these kind of guys are still able to find top teams.

• The team played like what, 3 or 4 official games so far in like a week, lost one and people are already calling for the new coach to be fired? lol Y'all need to chill and reevaluate things a bit.

• If today they played five sets and I really can think maybe girls were tired or etc. I am really sure if Gui was coach of Dutch today and they could beat Azerbaijan so easily. If today Ferhat was coach of Turkey and I am sure they were 2nd place in their group

• I really like coach of IlBisonte Firenze. Why Dutch team doesnt think about him or Parisi. If they dont want to be unlucky and they have to do it right now or they even can miss next World Championship. I dont understand Morrison you have a great team and they already showed it last year, they really need to do hard trainers during a day. Immidiately, Dutch team needs strong coach like Gui

The team you call 'great' has been pretty much the same for the last 4 years.. The weren't so great before Guidetti, right?

• That can be not be the excuse. Every team had the same schedule, a couple of teams have injured players as well.

Look at Serbia, they even played 1 week earlier, which means they had 1 week less to rest, and Boskovic, Bjelica, Malesevic, Zinkovic, Popovic and Antonjevevic were all in Japan.

And Netherlands was even really lucky to get a really weak group, before the tournament nobody was really thinking Arzebaijan could upset Netherlands.

I think it its the coach change.

I almost did quit watching it in the 3rd set because I already knew the result. But where was the coach in the 3rd set? Was he sitting on the bench and watching his players go down like that? I saw the Arzebaijan coach right there on the side line, people does not like Guidetti because of the things he does, but at least he is right there with his players all the time.

I'll say it again... I hope that the result of NED is not due to the change of coach, but because of the schedule of games, lack of rest the main players and injury recovery.

• I really want to stop judge coach. This year it's a good chance for Morrison to show himself. I will tell something after European Championship about his job for Dutch NT.