You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

harboboy

Professional

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 10:46pm

You have also to keep in mind that the players get the attitude on court from the coach. Look at Turkey in this Bulgaria match, how they were acting like with full of power, ambition and passion those are coming from Guidetti which was also the case with Netherlands under Guidetti. Look now with Morrison? He is silence in person (I don't mean this negative) he is always calm down never screams or freaks out and this is now the attitude of the Dutch NT. Another example for this would be Barbolini and Eczacibasi, I mean star players but the calm slow down life is to good to get mad attitude from Barbolini. They are representing the coachs attitude on the court.
For example we know how Guidetti gets angry by a mistake and the players know if they do a really stupid mistake they could get possibly off court or gets screamed by Guidetti but what would happen with Barbolini? What would he say? Would he scream? Or would he say next side out, side out?

Don't expect the same from the Dutch NT as before. Morrisson is not Guidetti, Guidetti is not Morrisson, different coach different play style different tactics and most important different attitudes!

LLOYD

Intermediate

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 10:48pm

Yes, I really remember Azerbaijan won Netherlands 3-0 in Baku in European Games. But I'm too curious they really wanted to win that game or they didnt care about it. Well, maybe Marrison is a new coach too but I really want to hope he is true one for Dutch NT. Well, after European Championship I will be sure about him and his job for Dutch NT.

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 10:53pm

When the 3rd round (with all 2nd placed teams) will be played?

Serena

Trainee

• "Serena" is female

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 11:08pm

That can be not be the excuse. Every team had the same schedule, a couple of teams have injured players as well. Look at Serbia, they even played 1 week earlier, which means they had 1 week less to rest, and Boskovic, Bjelica, Malesevic, Zinkovic, Popovic and Antonjevevic were all in Japan.

May be... But Serbia bench stronger, they can afford to rest Rasich, because they have Veljkovic, Stefanovic, Popovic. At the time, as in the Netherlands Belien and injured De Kruijf.
Serbia have some great OPP. While Holland plays with one OPP.

Serena

Trainee

• "Serena" is female

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 11:10pm

Когда будет проигрываться третий раунд (со всеми 2-й размещены команды)?

at the end of August

Maxwell

Intermediate

Favourite Team: USANT

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 6:50am

Wow. Some posters really don't like Morrison. It's too early to tell. But he can't control the bad passers passing right at the net so the setters can't set a good ball or when the hitters miss with their hits. But I will say, I don't like Plak at all. The girl falls and flops....

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 8:08am

This year's CEV Volleyball European Championships is the real deal. Let us judge morrison's ability after this important match. :teach:

Favourite Team: Vakifbank

Favourite Players: Kimberly Hill, Olesia Rykhliuk, Hui Ruoqi, Foluke Akinradewo

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 8:58am

You have also to keep in mind that the players get the attitude on court from the coach. Look at Turkey in this Bulgaria match, how they were acting like with full of power, ambition and passion those are coming from Guidetti which was also the case with Netherlands under Guidetti. Look now with Morrison? He is silence in person (I don't mean this negative) he is always calm down never screams or freaks out and this is now the attitude of the Dutch NT. Another example for this would be Barbolini and Eczacibasi, I mean star players but the calm slow down life is to good to get mad attitude from Barbolini. They are representing the coachs attitude on the court.
For example we know how Guidetti gets angry by a mistake and the players know if they do a really stupid mistake they could get possibly off court or gets screamed by Guidetti but what would happen with Barbolini? What would he say? Would he scream? Or would he say next side out, side out?

Don't expect the same from the Dutch NT as before. Morrisson is not Guidetti, Guidetti is not Morrisson, different coach different play style different tactics and most important different attitudes!
Guidetti is way too much sometimes. I don't think it's a good for a coach to be soooo emotional.

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 12:08pm

Yes, I really remember Azerbaijan won Netherlands 3-0 in Baku in European Games. But I'm too curious they really wanted to win that game or they didnt care about it. Well, maybe Marrison is a new coach too but I really want to hope he is true one for Dutch NT. Well, after European Championship I will be sure about him and his job for Dutch NT.
AZERBAIJAN is definitely not an underdog in that match, they have RAHIMOVA Polina, SAMADOVA Yelyzaveta and MAMMADOVA Natalya...

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 5:26pm

Nika Daalderop can be expected, and she still has time to improve.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 11:27pm

Nika Daalderop can be expected, and she still has time to improve.

Yes, she is promising.

She has already improved her reception in a certain way. Important for her is also to improve her armswing...now she only attacks in the direction of her body, which makes her ability to score very limited.

I hope Nicole Oude Luttikhuis will get some chances in WGP. She coverted only 2 years ago from MB to OH, so she needs much practice to improve in reception.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Haak, Lloyd, Carlini, Orthmann, Robinson, Folie, Daalderop, Dürr, Hanke, Heyrman, Hansson, Herbots, Bongaerts

Monday, June 19th 2017, 12:13pm

I was in Den Haag and saw Reinder Nummerdor on the Arena yesterday. (World League 2017) Anyone know if Manon was also there? ^^

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Haak, Lloyd, Carlini, Orthmann, Robinson, Folie, Daalderop, Dürr, Hanke, Heyrman, Hansson, Herbots, Bongaerts

Wednesday, July 26th 2017, 2:09am

Quinta Steenbergen is pregnant :rose:

Wednesday, July 26th 2017, 11:49am

looks she is going to give birth soon... all the best.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Monday, August 21st 2017, 8:01pm

Dutch roster for WQT in Rotterdam:

Setters: Laura Dijkema, Britt Bongaerts, Femke Stoltenborg
L: Myrthe Schoot, Kirsten Knip
OH: Buijs, Plak, Daalderop, Grothues, Jasper
Opp: Sloetjes
MB: De Kruijf, Beliën, Koolhaas.

So, Stam-Pilon is not available, she will play at ECH though.

Our MB-section makes me worries...the fact Morisson even didn't call a 4th MB..and Koolhaas as 1st bench-player....OMG.

Good thing Bongaerts is there, I think it will take only one or two years before she will defenitely take Femke's spot.

Marieke68

Professional

• "Marieke68" is female

Favourite Team: Schwerin,Dresden,Busto Arsizio, Piacenza, Ladies in Black

Favourite Players: Dutch NT and Tess von Piekartz

Monday, August 21st 2017, 8:21pm

Three weeks left for the new baby of Quinta and Dennis!
Other news: Caroline Wensink pregnant too!

Marieke68

Professional

• "Marieke68" is female

Favourite Team: Schwerin,Dresden,Busto Arsizio, Piacenza, Ladies in Black

Favourite Players: Dutch NT and Tess von Piekartz

Monday, August 21st 2017, 8:24pm

Dutch roster for WQT in Rotterdam:

Setters: Laura Dijkema, Britt Bongaerts, Femke Stoltenborg
L: Myrthe Schoot, Kirsten Knip
OH: Buijs, Plak, Daalderop, Grothues, Jasper
Opp: Sloetjes
MB: De Kruijf, Beliën, Koolhaas.

So, Stam-Pilon is not available, she will play at ECH though.

Our MB-section makes me worries...the fact Morisson even didn't call a 4th MB..and Koolhaas as 1st bench-player....OMG.

Good thing Bongaerts is there, I think it will take only one or two years before she will defenitely take Femke's spot.

You're right ,strange decision about MB, we'll see what happened.... Three setters, three MB, 5 OH???
Is Debby playing at ECH??

Serena

Trainee

• "Serena" is female

Monday, August 21st 2017, 9:03pm

Three setters,

Laura Dijkema got injured :(

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

Monday, August 21st 2017, 9:22pm

Three setters,

Laura Dijkema got injured :(

Really? Source?

Serena

Trainee

• "Serena" is female

Monday, August 21st 2017, 9:36pm

Really? Source?

The information is not from official sources. But in this picture you can see her on crutches (Morrison's Instagram Stories)