Chinese NT 2018

• Zhang Yi-chan is the same age as Hui Ruo-qi.
    When she joins NT for the first time, Hui has been retired.

PS:
    The main lineup of 2008 U19 ACH:
    Wang Na (S), Zhang Yi-chan (OP), Hui Ruo-qi (OH), Fan Lin-lin (OH), Yang Jun-jing (MB), Li Wei-wei (MB), Shan Dan-na (L)

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• So far, Yang Hanyu did not make any sounding in VNL, indeed she was quite disappointing! Is she injured or what? Or merely lacks of highly competitive exposure, still quite raw thus needs much reworks?

Feel pity for Zhang Yichan to join NT so late, practically gets no chance to join the major tournaments... though she still can play in various lesser events such as those Asian ones, Montreux etc. Liu Yanhan seems to waste her years since her last major tournament at the 2015 World Cup... don't spot any substantial progress on her for highly competitive tournaments.... Remains to be undependable, her lot needs to be cut and be given to some better prospect!!

This is not official and simply the personal conjecture for F6 roster. Even some players' name in this "news" is not spelled correct.

Of course it's only the personal opinion of the author of that article, and nothing official there. The official one will come from Chinese Volleyball Association or the CNT coaching team :-) but the fact that the article was published at the Eastday simply meant it wasn't a junk opinion, aside from whether one agrees or not. IMO the suggested list quite makes sense.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The Chinese U19 is not good. They won over Thailand team in the SF with great difficulty, and lost easily to the Japanese team in final. They were inferior to the Japanese squad in every area!

I just hope this squad is not the best that China has. Cannot imagine how this team will compete in the U20 World Championship in 2019 when they are far from convincing in the Asian level.

And if this squad is the projection of the future CNT, then the Chinese squad will be in miserable condition. Hopefully they aren't the representative of the future Chinese women's volleyball :-)

Is any one here following the situation of the Chinese women's U19 team? I think this age bracket is the closest to the senior team.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Relax, its just one generation and also the Chinese squad is already super young on itself. Yuan is 21 f.e. LYY is 18 Zhu 23 for example. You can't have golden generation each time and the curre t squad is not that far away of U19 anyway that its a worry. I would focus more on the super young girls under like age 16 or someth if I was Chinese federation.

• Because of the time conflict with "2018 National women's volleyball Championship", many players from Tianjin [Wang Yi-zhu and Chen Bo-ya], Liaoning [Sun Xiao-xuan and Sun Yu-qing] and Henan [Zhang Zi-han and Mao Jun-yi] didn't participate in 2018 U19 ACH. In fact, Yong Le is the one that replaces Wu Meng-jie in China U17. The third libero of China U19 is also in China U17. She is Zhang Xin-ling.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• source: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2018/0617/4766.html
    Begining date: June 20

Head Coach: Shi Hai-rong (Jiangsu)
    Assistant Coaches: Xie Ji-yang (Shanghai) Hao Xi-yu (Tianjin)
    Doctor: Yu Hong-jing (Shandong)
    Players:
    S - Cai Ya-qian (Shandong), Chen Fang-lin (Shanghai)
    OP - Qian Jing-wen (Shandong), Chen Pei-yan (Guangdong)
    OH - Cai Xiao-qing (Henan), Che Wen-han (Shandong), Liu Yu (Zhejiang), Sun Ruo-jing (Zhejiang)
    MB - Zhang Yu-qian (Shanghai), Li Ya-nan (Tianjin), Guo Hui-zhen (Shandong), Jiao Dian (Bayi)
    L - Fang Jing (Zhejiang) Chen Rui-lan (Shanghai)

Jiangsu's players will be ready for the warm-ups against Serbia NT and 2018 Asian Club Championship.
    Tianjin without Li Ya-nan will go to Japan and play the warm-ups against JT Marvelous and Ageo Medics.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• No Mao Junyi(MB)? I remember Tomen saying she was injured a couple months ago. Is she still recovering or was her injury too serious to continue playing volleyball?

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the post above. I guess for the young girls participating in an older category it'll will be a good learning experience.

• source: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2018/0619/4768.html
    Begining date: July 16

Head Coach: Yu Chang-wen (Liaoning)
    Assistant Coaches: Li Chun (Bayi), Yang Hao (female, Beihang University), Xu Lei (female?, Jiangsu)
    Doctor: Wang He-shan
    Players:
    S - Yang Xiao-rui (Liaoning) Zhang Ke-fan (Shandong)
    OP - Wang Yi-fei (Liaoning) Zhuang Yu-shan (Fujian)
    OH - Zhou Ye-tong (Jiangsu) Liu Mei-jun (Tianjin) Wang Zi-meng (Liaoning) Chen Yi-fan (Bayi)
    MB - Wu Meng-jie (Jiangsu) Han Wen-xu (Liaoning) Fan Meng-yu (Shandong)
    L - Wu Zhen-zi (Jiangsu)
    Unknown: Zhu Xing-chen (Shanghai) Gao Hui-yi (Bayi)

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Thanks Beri and Tomen for your feedback, I can see what you explained that it is not the correct projection of the sr NT future and the conflicting schedule constraint. Thought I was too upset then wasted time watching something so uncompetitive, not only a win-lost matter. Don't follow the junior things so I had no picture on the roster strength.

• Possible lineup from train station photos.

Setter: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu
    OP: Zeng Chunlei, Yang Fangxu, Gong Xiangyu
    OH: Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying
    MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuanyuan, Hu Mingyuan
    L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

3 opposites? Interesting, I guess when two opposites aren't doing well, there's still one more option available. If it is true, I wonder which will Lang Ping start with against Netherlands. Duan Fang wasn't in any of the pictures?

• 3 opposites? Interesting, I guess when two opposites aren't doing well, there's still one more option available. If it is true, I wonder which will Lang Ping start with against Netherlands. Duan Fang wasn't in any of the pictures?

Zeng is still not 100% and I think Lang Ping wants to test Yang Fangxu more. So far she has been disappointing so if she continues to struggle, she will get cut for sure for WCh because Zhang Changning will be back.

Pretty much all spikers, excluding Zhu, are hitting 30% and 20% efficiency range so not much to choose for scoring. I think Gong can play OH so Duan Fang is not needed since Gong can do everything she can plus setter for blocking.

• Jiangsu's lineups:
    Rong Wan-qian-bai (S), Wu Han (OP), Xu Ruo-ya (OH), Yang Wen-jin (OH), Wang Chen-yue (MB), Zhou Xin-yi (MB), Zang Qian-qian (L)
    Zhang Chang-ning replaced Yang Wen-jin in Set 2 and Set 3.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

From a fan's Weibo, your list is the correct Chinese F6 list.

• The warming-up of the Serbian women's volleyball team, Zhang Changning comes back after her surgery, expecting her to return to the Chinese women's volleyball team as soon as possible — Sohu Sports 2018-06-24 17:46

The Jiangsu women's volleyball team's warm-up match against the Serbian women's volleyball team is the main substitute for Zhang Changning, which is absolutely a good news for the Chinese national team. After the end of the league, Zhang Changning underwent surgery because of physical problems and missed the National Volleyball League this year. Now the baby come back, indicating that her physical state has reached the requirements of the competition, nearly 3 months away from the World Championships, there is reason to expect the baby's full return.
    ~~ Chinese media affectionately address Zhang Changning as "baby" :)

(image1)

As the women's Volleyball National League finals to start in Nanjing, Serbian women's volleyball team, like last year, played a warm-up match with Jiangsu team before that competition. The competitive strength difference is big, the Jiangsu team lost 0-3 is anticipated. But the Chinese volleyball fans were happy that even though Zhang Changning was not in the starters, but in the second set she's fielded as the substitute, indicating that Zhang Changning's condition after the surgery was also recovered to the requirements of the game, otherwise the coach would not send her.

(image2)

The fact that Zhang Changning could return to the game, not only pleasing the fans of Jiangsu VC, but also the Chinese fans. As we all know, Zhang Changning is one of the most powerful players within the Chinese women's volleyball team. Zhang Changning's skillset is more comprehensive, her attack has enough strength, be in the back row, Zhang Changning's passing and defense are more reassuring than the present teammates, Liu Xiaotong or Li Yingying. Zhang Changning's serve is also very good. Lang Ping chose her for the two match points in the Rio Olympic semi-finals and finals.

(image3)

In the quarterfinal match of the Premier League this year, the Jiangsu team had Gong Xiangyu's ups and downs, Zhang Changning almost single-handedly took the team into the semifinals, faced with the Shanghai team, depicted the baby's important contribution to the team. However, unfortunately in the league Zhang Changning suffered physical injury problems, after the end of the League upon the hospital examination, she then carried out a small surgery, for which Zhang Changning missed the competition in the Women's National League.

(image4)

Now Zhang Changning is back into the Jiangsu team, believes Lang Ping will recall her baby after the National League finals. After all, in the current Chinese team, Zhang Changning is an indispensable part of the main line-up. Today, Jiangsu team has the warm-up match against the Serbian team, I am afraid that in racing with time, the team's main attacker, Brankica Mihajlović just completed the surgery of her left knee, and whether she's able to catch the World Championships is still much an unknown.

For those images, please look at the Sohu Sports link. Posted from gadget, it's hard to attach images here (no direct upload here while I avoid the hotlinking). .

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• There is this 11 year old 217cm playing basketball. Wonder if she can change to volleyball if she has speed when fully grown.

• There is this 11 year old 217cm playing basketball. Wonder if she can change to volleyball if she has speed when fully grown.

That's unbelievable! Yeah, I think agility is most important for really tall players along with staying healthy. Look at Zhu Ting, she's tall like a middle blocker, but has good movement and speed which is very rare. Same goes for Yuan.

I want to know more about this player I read about on Facebook. I think her name was Wu Xiaowei born in 2002 and is 200cm.

• The 14 Chinese women's volleyball team's mystery list was exposed yesterday (24 June), and at 11:00 am, the squad boarded high-speed train to Nanjing.

The player list of the Chinese squad at the 2018 VNL Finals:

S: #13 Diao Linyu, #16 Ding Xia
    OP: #3 Yang Fangxu, #6 Gong Xiangyu, #8 Zeng Chunlei
    OH: #2 Zhu Ting (C), #10 Liu Xiaotong, #12 Li Yingying
    MB: #1 Yuan Xinyue, #7 Wang Yuanyuan, #17 Yan Ni, #25 Hu Mingyuan
    L: #15 Lin Li, #18 Wang Mengjie

2018年世界女排联赛总决赛中国女排名单:主攻 2朱婷(C) 10刘晓彤 12李盈莹;副攻 1袁心玥 7王媛媛 17颜妮 25胡铭媛;二传 13刁琳宇 16丁霞;接应 3杨方旭 6龚翔宇 8曾春蕾 ;自由人 15林莉 18王梦洁。

Some brief analysis from that article about the list:

First of all, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Zeng Chunlei, Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, Ding Xia, Lin Li and Wang Mengjie are all the eight main players in the team.

Secondly, Gong Xiangyu, Li Yingying and Wang Yuanyuan belong to the areas of strength and controversy. Gong Xiangyu once had a career bottleneck, was questioned and criticized, the VNL started without her main game, but during the German leg she was fully activated by Diao Linyu offensive fire. In addition, her stability in the first pass, block, serve and other things are the main reason for the promotion. Both Li Yingying and Wang Yuanyuan in the group match competition were not ideal, and had more errors, low efficiency, but both Li Yingying and Wang Yuanyuan have their multiple advantages such as age, height, league, etc, and Li Yingying had some dazzling display in some of the group matches, and she is China's biggest surprise in the first year of tournament. Wang Yuanyuan contributed 9 blocks against Serbia and Turkey, scored 18 points, therefore the two join hands to enter Nanjing.

For further commentary about the selections of Yang Fangxu, Hu Mingyuan and Diao Linyu instead of Duan Fang, Gao Yi and Yao Di, please read at below link.

This article appears in the front page of Baidu.com, dated 2018-06-25 10:42

Edited once, last by samsara ().