Chinese NT 2018

• 30-player Convocation Roster of China Women's Volleyball Team for year of 2018

Setter (6): Yao Di, Chen Xintong, Meng Dou (Tianjin); Diao Linyu (Jiangsu); Ding Xia, Sun Haiping (Liaoning);
    Outside Hitter (8 ): Zhu Ting (VakifBank, Turkey); Zhang Yichan (Shanghai); Li Yingying (Tianjin); Zhang Changning (Jiangsu); Liu Yanhan (Army); Liu Xiaotong, Jin Ye, Ren Kaiyi (Beijing);
    Opposite (5): Gong Xiangyu (Jiangsu); Zhu Yuezhou (Zhejiang); Zeng Chunlei (Beijing); Qian Jingwen, Yang Fangxu (Shandong);
    Middle Blocker (7): Wang Yuanyuan (Tianjin); Yan Ni, Hu Mingyuan (Liaoning); Yuan Xinyue, Gao Yi (Army); Zheng Yixin (Fujian); Yang Hanyu (Shandong);
    Libero (4): Wang Weiyi (Shanghai); Gong Meizi (Liaoning); Lin Li (Fujian), Wang Mengjie (Shandong).

execpt Zhu Ting, the other 29 players have been officially announced by CVA.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Found the list from this source: http://sports.sina.com.cn/othe…doc-ifysqfnf7530226.shtml

Fron Tianjin: Yao Di, Li Yingying, Wang yuanyuan, Menu Dou
    From Liaoning: Ding Xia, Yan Ni, Sun Haiping, Duan Fang, Hu Mingyuan, Gong Meizu
    From Shanghai: Wang Weixi, Zhang Hao
    From Jiangsu: Zhang Changning, Gong Xiangyu, Diao Linyu

• Found the list from this source: http://sports.sina.com.cn/othe…doc-ifysqfnf7530226.shtml

Fron Tianjin: Yao Di, Li Yingying, Wang yuanyuan, Menu Dou
    From Liaoning: Ding Xia, Yan Ni, Sun Haiping, Duan Fang, Hu Mingyuan, Gong Meizu
    From Shanghai: Wang Weixi, Zhang Hao

Fron Tianjin: Yao Di, Li Yingying, Wang yuanyuan, Meng Dou
    From Liaoning: Ding Xia, Yan Ni, Sun Haiping, Duan Fang, Hu Mingyuan, Gong Meizi
    From Shanghai: Wang Weiyi, Zhang Yichan

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• 1. Of course, The national team is waiting for a person whose surname is Zhu. :thumbsup:
    2. Meng Dou is a kind of "surprise". As the player who replaces Chen Xin-tong, she is still in the 2nd training camp ...
    3. I am still waiting for these people: Yang Zhou, Yu Jia-rui, Chen Pei-yan and Wu Han [Wu has returned Jiangsu VC for VTV Cup 2018 and she participates in the first training camp in order to make up for the absence of the 4th training camp in 2017]
    4. only three people from Jiangsu and only one person from Zhejiang - The two clubs are disappointing. many players from Liaoning and Tianjin - Tianjin Junior and Liaoning Junior are Top 2 of the junior event of 13th Chinese National Games.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• 2. Meng Dou is a kind of "surprise". As the player who replaces Chen Xin-tong, she is still in the 2nd training camp ...
    3. I am still waiting for these people: Yang Zhou, Yu Jia-rui, Chen Pei-yan and Wu Han [Wu has returned Jiangsu VC for VTV Cup 2018 and she participates in the first training camp in order to make up for the absence of the 4th training camp in 2017]

I figured with Mi Yang's recent success of being the setter for Shanghai would've placed her on the list as well. For Meng Dou's situation, I guess Lang Ping see's potential to improve. She is still young born in 1997 and she is tall for the setter position at 189cm.

I hope Chen Pei-yan and Wu Han will join in future training camps, both performed well in the U20 series and show great promise.

• Looks like Lang Ping wants to get a 190cm+ team if possible, excluding libero. So shorter OHs will have a harder time making the A team unless they are standouts.

• Looks like Lang Ping wants to get a 190cm+ team if possible, excluding libero. So shorter OHs will have a harder time making the A team unless they are standouts.

Yeah, sort of dashes my hopes of seeing Wu Han make the team. :mad:

But why not do it, I suppose. So much tall timber on the mainland, might as well harvest it.

• Yeah, sort of dashes my hopes of seeing Wu Han make the team. :mad:

But why not do it, I suppose. So much tall timber on the mainland, might as well harvest it.

If you look at the roster Lang Ping brought to Rio 2016, majority of the attackers were either 190 cm or above.

Outside Hitter: Zhu Ting- 198 cm, Zhang Changning- 193 cm, Hui Ruoqi- 192 cm
    Opposite: Yang Fangxu- 190 cm
    Middle Blocker: Xu Yunli- 195 cm, Yuan Xinyue- 201 cm, Yan Ni- 192 cm

The only attackers under 190 cm was Gong Xiangyu(OP) 186 cm and Liu Xiaotong(OH) 188 cm.

Setters: Wei Qiuyue- 182 cm, Ding Xia- 180 cm.

Though she is only 183 cm, I still hope Wu Han can join as well. She needs to improve her blocking and attacking height in order to make the team and play against tall international players.

Source: http://rio2016.fivb.com/en/vol…teams/chn%20china/players

• Speaking of Wu Han, she is a work in progress. Still needs a lot of work on reception from what I have seen during her stint playing for China U teams. Even if she cannot become an effective scorer, she still can become a defensive OH that China needs. China has more than enough scorers already. Just need another consistent scorer like Zhu Ting. Maybe Li Yingying can fill that gap.

• source: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2018/0328/4590.html

Head Coach: Yu Chang-wen (male, the head coach of Liaoning Junior)
    Assistant Coaches: Li Chun (male, the former setter of Chinese men's NT), Yang Hao (female, of course, the former OH of Chinese women's NT), Xu Lei
    Doctor: Jin Shuai

Players (only give the players who participate in this training):
    S - Yang Xiao-rui (Liaoning), Zhang Ke-fan (Shandong)
    OP - Wang Yi-fei (Liaoning)
    OH - Liu Mei-jun (Tianjin), Dong Ming-xiao (Hebei), Wang Zi-meng (Liaoning), Zhou Ye-tong (Jiangsu), Zhang Xin-yu (Shandong)
    MB - Wu Meng-jie (Jiangsu), Wang Wen-han (Shandong), Fan Meng-yu (Shandong), Wang Jing-nan (Shandong)
    L - Zhang Jing-lin (Shandong), Zhang Xin-ling (Sichuan)

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Forgot about Yang Hao. 183cm but can jump very high with a very good jump serve. Very good model for Wu Han and other shorter OHs.

• source: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2018/0329/4593.html

Head Coach: Shi Hai-rong (the former OH of Chinese men's NT)
    Assistant Coaches: Xie Ji-yang, Kuang Qi (Li Run-ming's predecessor in Shandong men's club), Hao Xi-yu
    Doctor: Yu Hong-jing

Players (only give the players who participate in this training):
    S - Sun Yan (Jiangsu), Chen Fang-lin (Shanghai)
    OP - Cui Mei-chen (Bayi), Huang Xiao-yan (Shandong)
    OH - Xu Lu-yao (Jiangsu, also OP), Che Wen-han (Shandong), Liu Yu (Zhejiang, also OP), Sun Ruo-jing (Zhejiang)
    MB - Liang Wei-fan (Fujian), Jiao Dian (Bayi), Yong Le (Jiangsu), Song Zhi-hong (Shandong)
    L - Ni Fei-fan (Jiangsu, also OP), Chen Rui-lan (Shanghai)

just a tip: Sun Yan [1.88m] is higher than Yong Le [1.83m].
    No.2 in 2017 U18 ACH and ... No.19 in 2017 U18 WCH ...

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Hey Tomen, are there any standout or star players to keep an eye on for the future? I'm only familiar with Xu Lu-yao from her recent help in the national team training.

• Where is Mao Junyi? Thanks.

• Hey Tomen, are there any standout or star players to keep an eye on for the future? I'm only familiar with Xu Lu-yao from her recent help in the national team training.

If I add the players of 2017 U18 ACH and 2017 U18 WCH, I feel Sun Yan, Xu Lu-yao, Chen Bo-ya, Jiao Dian, Mao Jun-yi and Ni Fei-fan are good now.
    However, What will happen in the future is what no one knows.

No.2 in 2017 U18 ACH: (stronger)
    S - Zhang Zi-han, Chen Fang-lin
    OP - Sun Xiao-xuan, Cui Mei-chen
    OH - Chen Bo-ya, Xu Lu-yao, Sun Ruo-jing, Liu Jing-jing
    MB - Mao Jun-yi, Jiao Dian, Liang Wei-fan
    L - Ni Fei-fan

No.19 in 2017 U18 WCH: (weaker due to the time confilct with the junior event of 13th Chinese National Games)
    S - Zhang Zi-han, Chen Fang-lin
    OP - Sun Ping-yuan, Cui Mei-chen
    OH - Che Wen-han, Liu Yu, Fang Jing-yi
    MB - Jiao Dian, Zhang Jia-xin, Liang Wei-fan, Sun Yu-qing
    L - Liu Jing-jing

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Where is Mao Junyi? Thanks.

It is said that she is injured.
    Therefore, she didn't participate in Chinese League 17/18.
    Four MBs of Henan Senior VC are Li Wei-wei, Huang Rui-lei, Li Pei-jia and Liu Jun in Season 17/18.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• I think Li Yingying will make the WCH roster because no one else is better than her to replace Hui Ruoqi. So it is likely Zhu, Zhang, Liu X, and Li as the 4 OHs spots. Whether Li will start will depend on her performance. Lang Ping does not take seniority over skills so Li will replace Zhang if she proves herself. Then Zhang can play as OP because Gong has regressed and Zeng's age could be a problem for a long tournament such as the WCH. Just wishful thinking of course.

• I think Li Yingying will make the WCH roster because no one else is better than her to replace Hui Ruoqi. So it is likely Zhu, Zhang, Liu X, and Li as the 4 OHs spots. Whether Li will start will depend on her performance. Lang Ping does not take seniority over skills so Li will replace Zhang if she proves herself. Then Zhang can play as OP because Gong has regressed and Zeng's age could be a problem for a long tournament such as the WCH. Just wishful thinking of course.

I think Li Yingying would first have to prove she can do well in the VNL before making the WCH roster. I think her attack height and block height could be improved and she also needs work more on receiving in addition to remaining healthy. She does show great promise though. I'm sure she will be a stronger and smarter player after the national team training with Lang Ping. I would also like to see Duan Fang instead of Liu Xiatong and see how she does against international teams. Like Li, Duan also needs work on those things as well. My main concern for China is not outside hitters, it's the setter position which is probably also on Lang Ping's mind as she brought in a 6 setters for training.

• I think Li Yingying would first have to prove she can do well in the VNL before making the WCH roster. I think her attack height and block height could be improved and she also needs work more on receiving in addition to remaining healthy. She does show great promise though. I'm sure she will be a stronger and smarter player after the national team training with Lang Ping. I would also like to see Duan Fang instead of Liu Xiatong and see how she does against international teams. Like Li, Duan also needs work on those things as well. My main concern for China is not outside hitters, it's the setter position which is probably also on Lang Ping's mind as she brought in a 6 setters for training.

I agree China has only 1 solid setter so far after Wei Qiuyue retired. Yao Di has yet to prove herself on the international stage and Diao has regressed since last season, mostly likely to due that ankle injury. There is always a need of a good backup setter for CNT. I think the weakest position for CNT is OP but does not really need a standout when you have Zhu Ting. MBs have the most promising young talent so hopefully someone breaks out to eventually replace an aging Yan Ni. Most of the newcomers will get to play in the VNL since China is hosting and its 5 weeks of games instead of 3, so there are more opportunities for everyone.

• I agree China has only 1 solid setter so far after Wei Qiuyue retired. Yao Di has yet to prove herself on the international stage and Diao has regressed since last season, mostly likely to due that ankle injury. There is always a need of a good backup setter for CNT. I think the weakest position for CNT is OP but does not really need a standout when you have Zhu Ting. MBs have the most promising young talent so hopefully someone breaks out to eventually replace an aging Yan Ni. Most of the newcomers will get to play in the VNL since China is hosting and its 5 weeks of games instead of 3, so there are more opportunities for everyone.

No one seems to be a stable opposite position. I worry that Yang Fangxu has not really healed 100% and that her injuries are more worse than what it seems. Lang needs to find a solid replacement to bring to VNL and WCH for experience. Gong I think still deserves a spot to show that she can still recover from her mistakes this season. What's good about Zhang is that she's versatile, when none of the opposites are playing well, Lang can move her there. I wished Chen Peiyan was on the list for opposite. She has good height at 194cm. China has lots of incoming middle blockers that show great potential, Gao Yi, Wang Yuanyuan, and the one I'm most excited to see do well is Yang Hanyu. Though she did not have a star season this year, I see her as someone Lang should invest in and focus on. The libero position I think is between Lin Li and Wang Mengjie, both have the most experience on these bigger competitions against international teams.