Chinese NT 2018

• Do you have full roster for China military women in Edmonton?

What about roster for week 5 of VNL?

Someone posted on the 2018 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League thread that Zhu Ting, Ding Xia, Lin Li, Yan Ni, and Yang Fangxu will not go to Germany, including Lang Ping. Don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, that means the roster will look like this.

OH: Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying, Duan Fang, Liu Yanhan(replace Zhu Ting)
    OP: Zeng Chunlei(replace Yangxu), Gong Xiangyu
    MB: Yuan Xinyue, Hu Mingyuan, Wang Yuanyuan, Gao Yi(replace Yan Ni)
    S: Yao Di, Diao Linyu(replace Ding Xia)
    L: Wang Mengjie, Meng Zixuan(replace Lin Li)

China will probably win 1(Germany) and lose 2 (Netherlands/Turkey)

• Do you have full roster for China military women in Edmonton?

What about roster for week 5 of VNL?

It is the answer to your first question.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Liu Xiaotong is not going to Germany, and Zhang Yichan is in the Roster. The captain will be Yuan.

• Week 5 Chinese NT roster of VNL 2018:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-Yu
    OP - Zeng Chun-Lei, Gong Xiang-Yu
    OH - Li Ying-Ying, Liu Yan-Han, Duan Fang, Zhang Yi-Chan
    MB - Yuan Xin-Yue(C), Wang Yuan-Yuan, Hu Ming-Yuan, Gao-Yi
    L - Wang Meng-Jie, Meng Zi-Xuan

• The roster of 2018 Asian Women's U19 Volleyball Championship from June 10 to June 17:
    S - Chen Fang-lin, Sun Yan
    OP - Xu Lu-yao (C), Huang Xiao-yan
    OH - Che Wen-han, Liu Yu, Sun Ruo-jing
    MB - Jiao Dian, Liang Wei-fan, Yong Le
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Chen Rui-lan

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• It would be interesting to see a match where Gong Xiangyu plays setter. Maybe Diao Linyu will surprise us in Germany, though her performance hasn't been a wow factor.

I really hope other setters that weren't picked for the VNL are working and training hard because that's the most crucial position for China right now. Fingers crossed that Feng Kun has a young disciple she is training that has potential.

I think Lang Ping should use Li Yingying as OPP and not receiver. Is hard when you play OPP in club and then having to receive with the NT.....

Diao Lin-yu surprised us in the match against Germany and Li Ying-ying played as OPP in Set 2 of the match against Germany. :D

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Back in Beijing, I noticed another player training alongside the group in between Yan Ni and Ding Xia. Is that the setter Sun Haiping? I guess Lang Ping is giving her early training despite not making the nations league roster.

• From SOHU Sports on 15 June 16:20 in an article titled to: “龚翔宇报平安伤病不严重!最年轻奥运冠军突然涨球,郎平重获大将”

Just search Baidu.com for "龚翔宇受伤"

Gong Xiangyu reported NO serious injury!
    http://t.pae.baidu.com/s?s=bai-apb12y

"Thank you for your concern! I just stepped on the ball when I landed. It's not serious enough. Please be rest assured."
    Gong Xiangyu personally reported to be safe. It seems that the injury was only a false alarm.

This time in the Germany leg, Gong Xiangyu obviously got the ball up. She was the biggest achievement of the Chinese team in the last week of the group competition of the Women's VNL. During the games at Jiangmen leg, Gong Xiangyu’s offensive performance attracted a lot of criticism. She could not get off the ball at the position #2, causing the team to often fall into a passive situation on the offensive end.
    However, Lang Ping continued to give Gong Xiangyu a chance to play at the Germany leg. She asked Yang Fangxu to take a rest and Gong Xiangyu continued to set off. In this way, Gong Xiangyu played in the entire five-week group competitions, which is the top female model of the Chinese team.

At the match against the German team, Gong Xiangyu brought surprises. Throughout the game, she scored 12 points, helping the Chinese team to complete a major reversal in the event of losing the first two sets. In this match Gong Xiangyu was not only excellent in offensive plays, but also very impressive. Afterwards, against the Dutch team, Gong Xiangyu scored 16 points again. To understand the real situation on the court, she often has to take care of the pass. In the final match against the Turkish team, Gong Xiangyu became the offensive core of the Chinese team.

In the third match against the Turkish team, the Chinese team can regain one set, which is inseparable from Gong Xiangyu's offensive performance. Unfortunately, the fourth set Gong Xiangyu was injured when the Chinese team was leading. As a result, the Turkish team reversed. This is enough to prove the importance of Gong Xiangyu.

At the Germany leg, Gong Xiangyu saw the Zhou Suhong's shadow and her performance was quite comprehensive. In a state of rising, nobody hopes that Gong Xiangyu will leave because of injury. Fortunately, she is now reporting herself safely, and fans can breathe a sigh of relief.

~~ posted from my smartphone, P9+

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: correction, addition ().

• Back in Beijing, I noticed another player training alongside the group in between Yan Ni and Ding Xia. Is that the setter Sun Haiping? I guess Lang Ping is giving her early training despite not making the nations league roster.

Yes. Sun Hai-ping wears long hair now.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• My guesstimate for the Chinese 14-roster for F6:

OH: Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying

OP: Zeng Chunlei, Gong Xiangyu, Yang Fangxu

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, [pick 2 of 3: Wang Yuanyuan / Gao Yi / Hu Mingyuan]

S: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu

L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

The choice of MB is the most less obvious for me. Diao Linyu showed a good performance in GER leg, she should be on top of Yao Di. How I wish the number of roster allowed is 16 i/o 14 :-)

What do you think, guys?

P. S. I do miss Zhang Changning, and to some extent, Xu Yunli as well.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• 12 or 14 players?

-i prefer Diao Linyu and Yao Di instead of Ding Xia but thats not gonna happen...

-In the middle my favorite is Gao Yi,Hu Mingyuan played very good lately but i think that Wang Yuanyuan will be in the team...

-Gong Xiangyu was very good and she deserves to be the main OPP of the team

• Final Roster Prediction:

Outside Hitter: Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying, Duan Fang
    With Zhang Changning still recovering, China will need to explore other options to pair with Zhu. Liu Xiaotong is still the most experienced compared to the other new players, but she isn't stable. Both Li Yingying and Duan Fang had ups as well as downs, but throughout the competition they performed better than Liu Yanhan and Zhang Yichan.

OP: Gong Xiangyu, Yang Fangxu
    As much as I would like to see Zeng Chunlei in the roster I think Lang Ping is still figuring out whether Yang Fangxu is a reliable player, hence her heading back to Beijing for more training with the others. Zeng Chunlei was used sparingly in Germany which allowed Gong Xiangyu more playing time to show her skills. Hope Gong wasn't seriously injured during the match against Turkey. Once Lang Ping realizes that Yang Fangxu isn't the same player anymore, they can start looking for other opposites that may have potential. Another lefty Chen Peiyan 194cm? Though she will need experience playing at this level.

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Hu Mingyuan, Wang Yuanyuan, (Yan Ni or Gao Yi)
    If China wants to give more experience to their young middle blockers then I would expect Yan Ni to miss the finals. Gao Yi didn't get much playing time because of her absence attending the military games. Though if Yan Ni does attend the finals, then Gao Yi will be out. Hu Mingyuan surprisngly performed well, while Wang Yuanyuan did slightly ok. These youngsters should study Xu Yunli's playing style.

S: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu
    Ding Xia is still China's go to setter despite her underwhelming performance throughout the competition. Though Diao Linyu played one week, she did good overall allowing Gong Xiangyu to shine which is amazing considering the short amount time she spent training with the team since she left to compete in the VTV Cup. Yao Di doesn't fit well for the national team. We shall see how Sun Haiping does in future.

L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie
    Lin Li shows she's the number one libero for China compared to Wang Menjie who had a hard time picking up balls. Meng Zixuan will have other upcoming competitions to gain more experience.

• The Chinese media, The Eastday 东方网, proposes following roster for the F6:
    http://sports.eastday.com/a/180616152707431000000.html

OH: Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying, Duan Fang

OP: Gong Xiangyu, Yang Fangxu

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuanyuan, Hu Mingyuan

Setter: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu

Libero: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

• This is not official and simply the personal conjecture for F6 roster. Even some players' name in this "news" is not spelled correct.

• what are Duan Fang's game's strong and weak points ? she was replaced by Yichan Zhang in the match vs Turkey..
    there was an OH in Shanghai team..quite a tall one ? what was her name and is she in the roster ? ( could she be Yichan Zhang 8| )
    my first impression (just an impression, nothing more) about MB Wang Yuanyuan and Hu Mingyuan..first one is better blocker and the second is a little better attacker or could be better attacker ..you know them better than me

• I think the person you mentioned here is Yang Jie, who was in the NT training camp and played NT matches (from 2010 to 2011) during London cycle. She is neither in the roster of VNL nor the training camp this year.

there was an OH in Shanghai team..quite a tall one ? what was her name and is she in the roster ? ( could she be Yichan Zhang )

• Zhang Yichan is shorter 187cm, she had one good game throughout the competition. Duan Fang is more versatile and younger. You are refering to Yang Jie 194cm, she can hit a strong ball, but her reception is bad similar to Wang Yunlu. It goes to show that although Lang Ping admires tall height, she needs to see potential in order to receive a call for the national team training. Like Han Wenya who plays for Zhu Tings old club, Henan. Born in 1998 and reached the height of 196cm. Shes a bit more slower than Zhu, but could develop better given proper training.

• Plenty of 190+ players to choose from that are playing OH or OP so 187cm is considered short because China has Zhu, Zhang, Li, etc over 190cm.