Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• Poor Naiane. She was the prospect 2 years ago but this season she underperformed, being outplayed by Ana Tiemi most of the times. I hope Rosamaria step up her game because she is embarassing in Superliga. "Saca na Rosa" reminds me a lot of "Saca na Mari" but Mari was able to kill the balls. I hope Mayhara also got called. She is amazing this season. And can we please call Fabit the libero back at least for the VNL? My dream.

• S: Roberta, Claudina (she much better than Fabiola)
    Opp: Tandara
    OH: Gabi (Rio even though I think she has a hard time against good blockers, you need her in the back row) Fe, Natalie
    MB: Bia, Carol, Natalia (from Osasco..I know she is older but she has been playing solid)
    L: Don't know

Claudinha, most certainly, will never be seen again in NT, since coach Zé called her "dumb" in public, a few years ago, during an playoff games when he was coaching Campinas and she was the setter.

Nati Martins is not needed, we have good middle blockers already and some others who can be called. My biggest concern is about outside hitters, with Natália injured, Gabi recovering and the abscence of Fe Garay.

• Claudinha, most certainly, will never be seen again in NT, since coach Zé called her "dumb" in public, a few years ago, during an playoff games when he was coaching Campinas and she was the setter.

And also with the fact that Claudinha is not NT material.

• I believe those who have an amazing club season should be invited to the nt.
    Nt players having injuries must play to their full potential after injury/treatment or surgery.

For me these are the people that shine:
    Scandicci - adenizia, top blocker of the tournament
    Nilufer - carol, top blocker of the tournament as well
    Fenerbache - natalia - knee injury must be treated asap before being invited to nt

Rio:
    Mayhara - today’s final games, she had 13 point 6 blocks of which played in set 4. I like the way she blocks.. very timed... she also spikers very well
    Monique - i like her as opposite. She can be also reliable at the back court
    Drussyla - maybe inconsistent to some, immature but this gal deserves the nt! Very brillant knows how to spike well and drop ball as well.. her first yr in the ng she was the third oh with rosa the second ht
    Gabi - i like her defense and spike! Another intelligent spiker!
    Roberta my queen of course will be the starting settter
    Fabi libero retired

Gabi the libero, very stable kn the pass, she needs to train back to her old self!!! I lime her

Nestle - tandara - starting opposite. I like her!!
    Bia - powerful in the blockade but a spikes js sonething she needs to remaster
    Mari paraiba - i like her. Very decent in the pass

Camponesa minas
    I like carol gattaz but she will be working too hard to be included
    Rosamaria if only she plays as opposite. She has good height reach

Dentil praia
    Amanda - good precise serve
    Claudinha - i like her

Barueri
    Sarah is another big investment too!!!

Pinheiros milka is awesome!

• Léia(L) and Fabíola (S) declined the NT invitation due to personal reasons.
    Jaqueline (OH) was invited by Zé to be Líbero this season.

After Sokolova, now Jaqueline :white: I think Gözde or Güldeniz also should consider libero option :whistle:

• I have a feeling that Jaque will be transformed into a libero, just like her husband did. But please no. Camilla Brait is a much better libero than her. Bring back Camilla. Even Fabi.

Fabi is officially retired from NT. She won't be back. Camila was cut from Rio 2016 and since then she has personal problems with Ze Roberto. I think she won't be back even if he begs to her. Also now Camila has a baby girl about 3 months old and she will dedicate time to her.

• Am I missing something or why has Roberta not been called by Ze?

• Am I missing something or why has Roberta not been called by Ze?

Because she is still playing the league's finals and Ze Roberto only calls the players which have already finished the season. She will start training probably one week after the final match. Other players will begin training a few days earlier.

• I have a feeling that Jaque will be transformed into a libero, just like her husband did. But please no. Camilla Brait is a much better libero than her. Bring back Camilla. Even Fabi.

How can you be so sure? Jaqueline has never played as libero, so we cant say she is worse than anyone at that position.

Fabi is officially retired from NT. She won't be back. Camila was cut from Rio 2016 and since then she has personal problems with Ze Roberto. I think she won't be back even if he begs to her. Also now Camila has a baby girl about 3 months old and she will dedicate time to her.

Camila doesn't have any personal problems with Ze Roberto. She simply decided to never go back to the NT.

• Camila doesn't have any personal problems with Ze Roberto. She simply decided to never go back to the NT.

Exactly! But if her decision to never go back is not related to Ze...Why did Camila announce her retirement just a few days after being cut from the olympics?? Why did her husband went to social media to complain about Ze's decision?? Of course she got really upset/angry and I think she is right...I would never go back too... :win:

I just hope Jaque plays well as libero. Brazil has only Suelen and her now. I don't think Gabiru will be called this season due to her surgery. :hit:

• i don't really follow the club world but is juma (setter) not good enough for the NT?

She is not. Not even the top Brazilian teams want her, let alone the NT. Next season she will actually downgrade to an even smaller club.

• Exactly! But if her decision to never go back is not related to Ze...Why did Camila announce her retirement just a few days after being cut from the olympics?? Why did her husband went to social media to complain about Ze's decision?? Of course she got really upset/angry and I think she is right...I would never go back too... :win:

I just hope Jaque plays well as libero. Brazil has only Suelen and her now. I don't think Gabiru will be called this season due to her surgery. :hit:

Because some players like the drama.

• Levantadoras: Roberta, Dani Lins, Macris e Juma

Opostos: Tandara, Monique, Bruna Honório e Edinara

Pontas: Gabi, Natália, Rosamaria, Drussyla, Mari Paraíba, Amanda, Ellen e Pri Daroit

Centrais: Bia, Thaísa, Mara, Juciely, Carol, Adenízia e Milka

Líberos: Jaqueline, Suelen e Gabi (Gabiru)

http://blogs.lance.com.br/vole…sil-para-liga-das-nacoes/

I don't like it. This team is so old. If it weren't for Milka. I'd be so upset with Ze's choices.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What? This is the list of 26? OMG Dani Lins hasn't played in awhile. Haven't seen Juma play? Opposites are good. Thaisa as a middle? She is not back to par and there are some better middles that have been playing. I think the OHs are lacking. Amanda from Praia really? She shanks balls all the time and hits into the block...Jeez. Liberos wher'es Fabi...please come back.